Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 04-06-2021, 05:49 PM   #2596
Red Knave
dGnr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Wait...so this piece of "digital art" was composed entirely of digital currency NFT?
Here's a pretty good descriptive article. https://www.wired.com/story/nfts-boo...ll-out-crypto/

Quote:
So one could conceivable "disassemble" the digital art and sell off the NFT that it is comprised of? Is that my understanding?
I guess that, depending on the actual token, it could be piecemealed off but I don't think that's the idea. I think that ownership of the token is the idea.

Quote:
People are so dumb...
Uh huh.

The takers get the honey, the givers sing the blues - Robin Trower, Too Rolling Stoned - 1974
Red Knave is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2021, 06:27 PM   #2597
Suff
Beat up 💪

https://decentraland.org/blog/announ.../wtf-are-nfts/

Big NFT event this week at the above. Free.

I own $MANA , which is the token for decentraland.

I'm thinking about buying this NFT gallery next to a University.

I would run it much like real gallery, and do shows of up and coming artists. It's about 9500 $MANA , which is trading on Coinbase at .95 cents, $MANA Is up 127% last 30 days. It was .35 a month ago

https://market.decentraland.org/cont...10642401181822
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2021, 07:13 PM   #2598
Suff
Beat up 💪

Coinbase just reported 56 million users, $335 billion in trading volume, and $1.8 billion in revenue for Q1.

What an absolute beast of a company.

Their shares are going live on Nasdaq , April 14th. Very soon.

It's a direct listing, no bankers.

Last edited by Suff; 04-06-2021 at 07:27 PM.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2021, 07:43 PM   #2599
lamboguy

not that insider action means that much, but MUX just had the CFO purchase 20,000 shares @ $1.03. he is supposed to know better than anyone the financial health of the company that he runs. -
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2021, 10:49 AM   #2600
lamboguy

Argentina, Chile tunnel project

this has been going on since 2014, so far Argentina has signed off, but Chile hasn't yet... this is one fundamental reason why MUX price is being held down... there is plenty of copper there. if this thing ever gets done look out above... it would probably take about 10 years to build this tunnel though!

https://www.worldhighways.com/wh10/w...-and-argentina
Old 04-11-2021, 01:30 PM   #2601
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
this has been going on since 2014, so far Argentina has signed off, but Chile hasn't yet... this is one fundamental reason why MUX price is being held down... there is plenty of copper there. if this thing ever gets done look out above... it would probably take about 10 years to build this tunnel though!

https://www.worldhighways.com/wh10/w...-and-argentina
Any status on this tunnel? I can't find anything on the status of it after Aug 2019, when both countries were still squabbling over it. I can't find any articles that it's being built presently.
Old 04-11-2021, 04:16 PM   #2602
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
Any status on this tunnel? I can't find anything on the status of it after Aug 2019, when both countries were still squabbling over it. I can't find any articles that it's being built presently.
the only thing i know is that China is putting pressure on Chile to build the road... it could take up to 10 years to get it done though... getting that road done is enough to get MUX up to $20 or more per share from $1.00.

McEwen mining corp. is a 50% partner in the project. this is the largest open pit copper project in the world today.

https://www.northernminer.com/news/m...nt/1002073387/
Old 04-16-2021, 10:58 AM   #2603
lamboguy

1000 ounce silver bars

the premiums for this product is starting to fly... i see them now for $3750 premium on something that used to be $500 premium not that long ago..

one ounce silver coin premiums are at least double the 1000 ounce bars. US Eagles are more.

the trick in moving the price of precious metals has always been to flood the market with plenty of product. this time around there is hardly any product to put your hands on so they can flood the market buy shorting gold and silver ETF's. that's a great way to do it until physical orders don't get filled. i believe we are getting very close to that. the ETF's have rules where they have to own a big percentage of physical to back their open interest. when the same shares get borrowed and re borrowed there is no way they buy physical to back the over extended paper shares that they didn't issue.
Old 04-17-2021, 12:34 AM   #2604
lamboguy

$2 trillion market cap for bit coin now

i know absolutely nothing about cryto currencies. what i am learning is that 65% if all crypto's are being mined in China, another 15% is being mined by friends of China.

while the market cap is low when you compare it to Gold. but it could surpass it with further demand.

i don't think its a safe investment when a country like China controls the investment. in any type of investing there is no such thing as "safe". but to me this one looks ultra risky.
Old 04-19-2021, 05:24 PM   #2605
lamboguy

for the first time since 1972, the democrats have gotten behind nuclear energy... the very first thing Biden did was stop the Keystone Pipeline even though it cost over 10,000 jobs. so i am guessing that uranium company's are behind Biden, and he now has to payoff.

the company i am looking at is not a producer yet and it has a low of .12 this year. they have a great management team that made big things out of other company's before enCORE energy is the company and the price is to high to buy in now... i would love to be in around .79.

ticker symbol ENCUF
Old 04-20-2021, 07:30 PM   #2606
lamboguy

this thing should be a giant

his looks interesting. Ascend is investing in/buying Medmen’s NY operations.

I think I can get you into this. Any interest?

Order books may close without further notice.

US Prospectus attached.

Initial Public Offering

Issuer:

Ascend Wellness Holdings Inc.

Offering:

12,500,000 shares of Class A common stock (100% primary) (14,375,000 if the over-allotment option is exercised in full).

Ticker

CSE/OTCQX: AAWH

Price Range:

US$8.00 – US$10.00

Use of Proceeds:

The Issuer intends to use (i) approximately $31 million of the offering proceeds for its pending investment in MedMen NY, Inc., (ii) approximately $7 million to consummate its proposed acquisitions of (a) Hemma, LLC and (b) BCCO, LLC, (iii) approximately $20 million for capital expenditures, and (iv) the remainder for future M&A transactions, general administration, tax liabilities, working capital and general corporate purposes, including additional financing provided to MedMen NY, Inc. in advance of completion of its investment.

Description of Share Capital

The Issuer will have two classes of authorized common stock, Class A common stock and Class B common stock. Each share of Class A common stock will be entitled to one vote per share. Each share of Class B common stock will be entitled to 1000 votes per share. Holders of Class A common stock and Class B common stock will vote together as a single class on all matters (including the election of directors) submitted to a vote of stockholders, unless otherwise required by law or the Issuer’s certificate of incorporation. Each share of Class B common stock will be convertible at any time at the option of the holder into one share of Class A common stock. In addition, each share of Class B common stock will convert automatically into one share of Class A common stock upon any transfer, whether or not for value, except for certain transfers described in the Issuer’s certificate of incorporation. Once converted into a share of Class A common stock, a converted share of Class B common stock will not be reissued. Following the conversion of all outstanding shares of Class B common stock, no further shares of Class B common stock will be issued.

On closing, there are expected to be approximately 65,000 shares of Class B common stock issued and outstanding, which will be owned by AGP Partners LLC, a Delaware limited liability company controlled by the founders of the Issuer, Abner Kurtin and Frank Perullo.

Underwriters:

Canaccord Genuity (Sole Bookrunner)

Beacon Securities Limited

Eight Capital

AltaCorp Capital Inc.

Cormark Securities Inc.

Company Description:

AWH is a vertically integrated multi-state operator focused on adult-use or near-term adult-use cannabis states in limited license markets. Our core business is the cultivation, manufacturing and distribution of cannabis consumer packaged goods, which we sell through our company-owned retail stores and to third-party licensed cannabis retail stores. We were founded in 2018 and initially pursued cultivation and dispensary licensing opportunities in Massachusetts. In December 2018, we entered the Illinois market with the acquisition of an existing cultivation facility through the acquisition of Revolution Cannabis-Barry LLC. We also acquired HealthCentral, LLC (“HCI”) and its related entities, which owned two operational medical dispensaries in Illinois. We have since expanded our operational footprint, primarily through acquisitions and now have direct or indirect operations or financial interests in five U.S. geographic markets: Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, and Ohio.

Anticipated Timetable:

Roadshow Dates:

Monday, 4/19: Virtual 1x1s

Tuesday, 4/20: Virtual 1x1s

Wednesday, 4/21: Virtual 1x1s

Pricing Date:

April 22, 2021 (after market close)

Closing Date:

April 29, 2021

For a prospectus, please contact Canaccord Genuity LLC Equity Capital Markets.

99 High Street

Boston, MA 02110

617-788-1554

USecm@cgf.com

Ascend Wellness Holdings, LLC has filed a registration statement on Form S-1 with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended, with respect to these securities. The registration statement is subject to completion and has not yet become effective. No offer to buy the securities can be accepted and no part of the purchase price can be received until the registration statement has become effective, and any such offer may be withdrawn or revoked, without obligation or commitment of any kind, at any time prior to notice of its acceptance given after the effective date. An amended and restated preliminary base PREP prospectus containing important information relating to the securities described in this document, has been filed with the securities regulatory authorities in all provinces of Canada (other than Québec). A copy of the amended and restated preliminary base PREP prospectus, and any amendment, is required to be delivered with this document. The Canadian amended and restated preliminary base PREP prospectus is still subject to completion. There will not be any sale or any acceptance of an offer to buy the securities until a receipt for the Canadian final base PREP prospectus has been issued. Capitalized terms used but not otherwise defined herein shall have the respective meanings ascribed thereto in the U.S. and Canadian preliminary prospectuses. All references to “$” or “dollars” in this document are to U.S. dollars, unless indicated otherwise.

This document does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any securities in any jurisdiction to any person to whom it is unlawful to make such offer or solicitation in such jurisdiction. This document does not provide full disclosure of all material facts relating to the securities offered. Investors should read the registration statement (including the U.S. preliminary prospectus and the U.S. final prospectus, when available), the Canadian amended and restated preliminary base PREP prospectus, the Canadian final base PREP prospectus, as applicable, and any amendment to any of the foregoing, for disclosure of those facts, especially risk factors relating to the securities offered, before making an investment decision.

Copies of the registration statement, the amended and restated preliminary base PREP prospectus, and other documents listed above as they become available, for the offering can be obtained from Canaccord Genuity LLC Attn: Canaccord Genuity LLC, 99 High Street, 12th Floor, Boston, Massachusetts 02110, Attention: Syndicate Department, or by email at prospectus@cgf.com or Canaccord Genuity Corp. Attn: Canaccord Genuity Corp., 161 Bay Street, Suite 3100, Toronto, Ontario M5J 2S1, Attention: Syndicate Department, or by email at cg-syndication-toronto@cgf.com.

Investing in the above-named issue may not be suitable for all investors, as there are different types of risks involved with this investment strategy. Even if suitable to your level of risk tolerance, the above-named issue may not be appropriate for your portfolio, depending on what other investments you hold. Please note that, from time to time, we may have personal investments in the above-named issue. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you want to know more about the above-named issue or have any related questions.

Canaccord Genuity Corp.

Suite 2400, 520 3rd Avenue SW, Calgary, AB T2P0R3

E: achokshi@cgf.com | http://ca.linkedin.com/in/anupchokshi/
Old 04-21-2021, 09:14 PM   #2607
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

What could Happen during the next 5 Weeks?

Wall Street’s Mega Bank CEOs To Be Hauled Before Congress in May; Nobody Will Say Why

https://wallstreetonparade.com/2021/...-will-say-why/

"We’ve been closely monitoring the Senate Banking and House Financial Services Committees for the past 15 years. We can think of no other time when the Committees issued a joint statement to announce they were hauling the most powerful men on Wall Street to testify, without offering a scintilla of information on the topic of the hearing.

The press statement simply indicated that the Senate Banking Committee would hold its hearing on Wednesday, May 26 at 10 a.m. and the House Financial Services Committee would hold its hearing the following day on Thursday, May 27 at 12 noon.

The announcement indicated that the following CEOs are scheduled to testify: Jamie Dimon of JPMorgan Chase; David Solomon of Goldman Sachs; Jane Fraser of Citigroup; James Gorman of Morgan Stanley; Brian Moynihan of Bank of America; and Charles Scharf of Wells Fargo."

FWIW, here's my take in a brief comment:

If they hauled them in right now, everything would be fine with the Markets up and the economy about to fully open up again. But that's not the case, as the committees are waiting 5 weeks to have a sit down with the Banksters....

I wonder why?....but it doesn't take much to see something is about to change, in a big way....This System is going down, and will be replaced....NESARA.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-21-2021, 09:58 PM   #2608
shots

Archegos Capital Management implosion will likely be one of the subjects. At least they can wear a mask.
shots is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-21-2021, 10:20 PM   #2609
lamboguy

i guess we are all going to be in suspense for awhile. but i agree it must be something serious that we don't know about yet.
Old 04-21-2021, 11:18 PM   #2610
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Wall Street’s Mega Bank CEOs To Be Hauled Before Congress in May; Nobody Will Say Why

https://wallstreetonparade.com/2021/...-will-say-why/

"We’ve been closely monitoring the Senate Banking and House Financial Services Committees for the past 15 years. We can think of no other time when the Committees issued a joint statement to announce they were hauling the most powerful men on Wall Street to testify, without offering a scintilla of information on the topic of the hearing.

The press statement simply indicated that the Senate Banking Committee would hold its hearing on Wednesday, May 26 at 10 a.m. and the House Financial Services Committee would hold its hearing the following day on Thursday, May 27 at 12 noon.

The announcement indicated that the following CEOs are scheduled to testify: Jamie Dimon of JPMorgan Chase; David Solomon of Goldman Sachs; Jane Fraser of Citigroup; James Gorman of Morgan Stanley; Brian Moynihan of Bank of America; and Charles Scharf of Wells Fargo."

FWIW, here's my take in a brief comment:

If they hauled them in right now, everything would be fine with the Markets up and the economy about to fully open up again. But that's not the case, as the committees are waiting 5 weeks to have a sit down with the Banksters....

I wonder why?....but it doesn't take much to see something is about to change, in a big way....This System is going down, and will be replaced....NESARA.
Whatever RR thinks...go the opposite.

He's the ultimate fade when it comes to off-topic

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: