Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-16-2020, 02:29 PM   #61
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
when this country opens back up again, we are going to need more industry's here so that there will be less unemployment. .
I thought about this as I was buying a nice notebook cover for my new tablet.

I looked carefully at all the cutouts, and all that material, workmanship, sewing, packaging, etc........all for four $5 bills! Or nine $5 billls!

Unless people here are willing to work on the line in row after row, assembling stuff like this, AND not to mention, if you don't make them live in dormatories with a donut and cup of tea for breakfast before a 14 hour day, looking at the workmanship of the cases I looked at.....they are gonna cost AT LEAST $100 here.

I can't even imagine the products I'm looking at costing less than 90-125 actually if made here.

Again, the window for getting all this "stuff" from china is very limited.....better buy your "stuff" now. By 2025 and onward, you will see way less of it.

This is probably why there is some support, even among Republicans, for a guaranteed federal jobs program:
https://www.thenation.com/article/ar...obs-guarantee/

Last edited by clicknow; 12-16-2020 at 02:39 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2020, 02:32 PM   #62
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Not"exactly". They are, but they are heavily supervised by the guys who made Toyota greatness.
They are still either subsidiaries of Toyota's Japanese suppliers, or joint ventures between American and Japanese parts makers, and/or very carefully curated by Toyota. And here is why.

Back in the 90s Toyota got top 200 US auto execs for a come-to-jesus moment, and Toyota was brutally honest about their low assessment of our "work". Toyota said it was finding 1,000 defective parts out of every million ..and US automakers (wanting to remain in denial) were saying the figure was inflated. (toyota's standard in Japan at the time was 10 parts per million)

Welp. They found out quick. If you want a piece of the Toyota pie, you do things the Toyota way. As it turns out, the biggest "trade barrier" was lack of quality manufacturing here.

(One US parts company lost all its business with Toyota they refused to respond to suggestions from Toyota about changning their materials to make a lighter, more durable part.) Guess what? They decided to go their separate ways.......and use old parts they thought were "good enough" for American makers.. (I often wonder what happened to them and how they fared, and what car company they ended up supplying to.......hope nobody bought those vehicles )

Toyota didn't get to where they are by allowing low quality parts into their network, so they had to have quite a few humiliating Boot Camps to get things right over here.

So Toyota did suggest getting more local suppliers for Toyota's assembly lines in the United States. But "we" don't have much wiggle room because we haven't proven trustworthy when it comes to cutting corners for profit.
The engine in my car is terrific. the whole car is good too. and if something goes wrong with the car you don't have to go back to a the dealer like you do with the german cars. there are plenty of places that sell aftermarket parts as well. i bought my wife a Camry, she still has it after 8 years and 200k miles. i liked the car so much i bought one for myself.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2020, 02:43 PM   #63
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
The engine in my car is terrific. the whole car is good too. and if something goes wrong with the car you don't have to go back to a the dealer like you do with the german cars. there are plenty of places that sell aftermarket parts as well. i bought my wife a Camry, she still has it after 8 years and 200k miles. i liked the car so much i bought one for myself.
I"ve only driven toyotas......my entire life. Never owned any other brands. Maybe this year I will though. I still like the subarus. I started out with a little Corolla in my 20s.

I can't do a car now though......I'm tall, with a bad back, I can't lower myself into a car. Plus I have a thing for large dogs. So figure 2 labs, and a bad back, I need at least an SUV. I like the Toyota Highlander and the 4Runner is just too spendy. And their little SUV hasn't really kept up in terms of design features what you get for your $$. So I may just switch for a few years.

(I did buy a vintage 1970 chevy chevelle and prettied it up, for fun times. But that wasn't a vehicle I depended on for regular stuff. )

Last edited by clicknow; 12-16-2020 at 02:46 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2020, 06:30 PM   #64
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

I can highly recommend the Subaru Forester. Now back on topic...

It is looking more and more that the SCOTUS is not going to do the right thing and punt this matter.

Chief Justice John Roberts looks corrupt (and/or blackmailed) by the day.

Here are some the articles related to him and the SCOTUS:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...chief-justice/

One interesting note about Wood is that he has expertise in Deformation cases, so he is certainly not afraid of making statements like these (against Roberts) and being sued, because it would only lead to the discovery phases which would be very uncomfortable for the plaintiffs.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ll-january-14/

I also heard talk somewhere that the SCOTUS is concerned about riots should they take on the Texas case. IF true, it is just another tactic to delay matters in order to carry Biden across the finish line.

Should the SCOTUS not get involved, I am more and more confident Trump is going to call on the constitutional powers invested in him via the Insurrection Act, and to use the military as needed for tribunals and to bring about justice. The Constitution gives the President these powers when the current civil system is broken, and in dealing with circumstances such as civil unrest, insurrection, and rebellion.

Should Trump win, I would not be surprised if Chief Justice Roberts tenure to SC soon comes to an end.
Track Collector is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2020, 06:46 PM   #65
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Collector View Post
I can highly recommend the Subaru Forester. Now back on topic...

It is looking more and more that the SCOTUS is not going to do the right thing and punt this matter.

Chief Justice John Roberts looks corrupt (and/or blackmailed) by the day.

Here are some the articles related to him and the SCOTUS:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...chief-justice/

One interesting note about Wood is that he has expertise in Deformation cases, so he is certainly not afraid of making statements like these (against Roberts) and being sued, because it would only lead to the discovery phases which would be very uncomfortable for the plaintiffs.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ll-january-14/

I also heard talk somewhere that the SCOTUS is concerned about riots should they take on the Texas case. IF true, it is just another tactic to delay matters in order to carry Biden across the finish line.

Should the SCOTUS not get involved, I am more and more confident Trump is going to call on the constitutional powers invested in him via the Insurrection Act, and to use the military as needed for tribunals and to bring about justice. The Constitution gives the President these powers when the current civil system is broken, and in dealing with circumstances such as civil unrest, insurrection, and rebellion.

Should Trump win, I would not be surprised if Chief Justice Roberts tenure to SC soon comes to an end.
Sounds credible to me. I am convinced.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2020, 06:53 PM   #66
Burls
Veteran

Burls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2020, 07:07 PM   #67
Track Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Sounds credible to me. I am convinced.
Now only if you can somehow be convinced that widespread Election Fraud took place and that it was more than enough to change the election outcome.
Old 12-17-2020, 07:26 PM   #68
thaskalos

OF COURSE there was widespread fraud!

Quote:
Now only if you can somehow be convinced that widespread Election Fraud took place and that it was more than enough to change the election outcome.
I honestly can't understand the Republican point of view in this matter. They KNEW that this election would be stolen...and they talked about it for months prior to the actual event. And yet, even though they had advance notice of the theft...they have failed to secure adequate proof to convince even the REPUBLICAN judges of this widespread fraud. And now they are bitching and moaning...as if they've been "wronged" in some way. Is it NEWS to them that politics is a dirty business? Should they be REWARDED for bringing a knife to a gunfight?

You are outplayed, you lose...and you take your lumps and go home. Like Al Gore did in 2000.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2020, 09:04 PM   #69
elysiantraveller

Quote:
You are outplayed, you lose...and you take your lumps and go home. Like Al Gore did in 2000.
Isn't that just amazing now to look back at...?

Like holy shit... 500 some odd votes... and the Buchanan ballots?

Regardless of politics Al Gore deserves some props taking a punch right in mouth like a man.
Old 12-17-2020, 11:05 PM   #70
Track Collector

Quote:
I honestly can't understand the Republican point of view in this matter. They KNEW that this election would be stolen...and they talked about it for months prior to the actual event. And yet, even though they had advance notice of the theft...they have failed to secure adequate proof to convince even the REPUBLICAN judges of this widespread fraud. And now they are bitching and moaning...as if they've been "wronged" in some way. Is it NEWS to them that politics is a dirty business? Should they be REWARDED for bringing a knife to a gunfight?

The Republicans and Democrats are two sides of the same coin. They are part of "the club", and take turns over the past number of years holding offices and mutually getting wealthy thru the companies/entities represented by the lobbyists. They are more than happy to sell out the country's long-term sovereignty and best interests to foreign powers in exchange for great personal wealth for themselves and family members. They care not if that process shafts everyday citizens. Trump is an outsider who has been putting Americans and our country first and his actions to do so go against all the rules and established order of the club. This is why BOTH sides want him gone and the sooner the better.

I believe Trump KNEW this election would be stolen, but rather that try to prevent it, he allowed it to happen so as to catch them in the act. He could then work to clean up the (flawed and corrupted) election process for future generations. And I believe without a doubt that he has the goods, and that he and his team are attempting to present it to the appropriate courts in due time. One problem they face is that the majority of the court system (republican judges included) are corrupt, so they will dismiss the cases even before considering any of the evidence. They know there is a two-tier system of justice where the power elites are above the law. Another problem is that those judges who might be willing to move forward (including some in the SCOTUS) have to consider serious threats to themselves and their family members. This election fraud issue is such a critical point in our nation's history that the deep state would not hesitate for a minute to inflict harm on a Senator, Congressman, Governor, Judge, and/or any of their respective family members. You might think this is hyperbole, but it is a certain reality in today's world of government and politics.

Regardless of whether or not the courts take the case and/or allow any evidence of the widespread and extensive election fraud to be presented, the President and his team are no doubt preparing to layout this info before the American public sometime soon. Perhaps within the next 20-30 days. IMO it will also include new information that for the time being has been kept from the public.

In the meantime, some will continue their claims that this is just one big conspiracy. Some of us will anxiously await to see what the future reveals.
Old 12-18-2020, 03:47 AM   #71
hcap

Quote:
The Republicans and Democrats are two sides of the same coin. They are part of "the club", and take turns over the past number of years holding offices and mutually getting wealthy thru the companies/entities represented by the lobbyists. They are more than happy to sell out the country's long-term sovereignty and best interests to foreign powers in exchange for great personal wealth for themselves and family members. They care not if that process shafts everyday citizens. Trump is an outsider who has been putting Americans and our country first and his actions to do so go against all the rules and established order of the club. This is why BOTH sides want him gone and the sooner the better.

I believe Trump KNEW this election would be stolen, but rather that try to prevent it, he allowed it to happen so as to catch them in the act. He could then work to clean up the (flawed and corrupted) election process for future generations. And I believe without a doubt that he has the goods, and that he and his team are attempting to present it to the appropriate courts in due time. One problem they face is that the majority of the court system (republican judges included) are corrupt, so they will dismiss the cases even before considering any of the evidence. They know there is a two-tier system of justice where the power elites are above the law. Another problem is that those judges who might be willing to move forward (including some in the SCOTUS) have to consider serious threats to themselves and their family members. This election fraud issue is such a critical point in our nation's history that the deep state would not hesitate for a minute to inflict harm on a Senator, Congressman, Governor, Judge, and/or any of their respective family members. You might think this is hyperbole, but it is a certain reality in today's world of government and politics.

Regardless of whether or not the courts take the case and/or allow any evidence of the widespread and extensive election fraud to be presented, the President and his team are no doubt preparing to layout this info before the American public sometime soon. Perhaps within the next 20-30 days. IMO it will also include new information that for the time being has been kept from the public.

In the meantime, some will continue their claims that this is just one big conspiracy. Some of us will anxiously await to see what the future reveals.
I know you believe the "Deep State" is the new swamp, and Donald tried to drain that swamp, and you sincerely believe Trump allowed widespread voter fraud to happen so as to "catch them in the act". And you know the courts including the Supremes are all in on it.

But don't you find it odd when Donald was a private citizen, he did not complain of all this unprecedented corruption, and only bitched bout fake birth certificates?. Or how come the "deep state" and the lying lame stream media, according to him "the enemy of the people", popped into existence coincidentally when he took office January 2017?

Lots of covert connections there to uncover and investigate. Don't forget how the deep state made him look bad by by allowing him to f*ck up his covid response.

Last edited by hcap; 12-18-2020 at 03:49 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-27-2020, 12:11 AM   #72
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Regardless of politics Al Gore deserves some props taking a punch right in mouth like a man.
Are you defending Gore the pussy who liked to sexually abuse massage therapists?

From the highly CONSERVATIVE NY DAILY NEWS in case you all forgot:

https://www.dailynews.com/2017/11/22...venient-truth/

**** Al Gore.

And why am I replying to a ghost?
Old 12-27-2020, 12:14 AM   #73
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
I know you believe the "Deep State" is the new swamp, and Donald tried to drain that swamp, and you sincerely believe Trump allowed widespread voter fraud to happen so as to "catch them in the act". And you know the courts including the Supremes are all in on it.

But don't you find it odd when Donald was a private citizen, he did not complain of all this unprecedented corruption, and only bitched bout fake birth certificates?. Or how come the "deep state" and the lying lame stream media, according to him "the enemy of the people", popped into existence coincidentally when he took office January 2017?

Lots of covert connections there to uncover and investigate. Don't forget how the deep state made him look bad by by allowing him to f*ck up his covid response.
The deep state knew that whatever happened, it would be spun against Trump by cucks like you.

They've been rigging since 2015.

I honestly believe Trump became the nominee to GUARANTEE HILLARY WOULD WIN. THAT was the RIG in 2016.

Except their arrogance never saw the electorate going enough for Trump for him to actually win.

The 2020 election rig was a bit more aggressive....

They weren't going to let that shit happen again.
Old 12-27-2020, 03:48 AM   #74
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
The deep state knew that whatever happened, it would be spun against Trump by cucks like you.

They've been rigging since 2015.

I honestly believe Trump became the nominee to GUARANTEE HILLARY WOULD WIN. THAT was the RIG in 2016.

Except their arrogance never saw the electorate going enough for Trump for him to actually win.

The 2020 election rig was a bit more aggressive....

They weren't going to let that shit happen again.
No one ever saw he would con enough gullible fools like you and off topic to win.

And underestimated how many idiots watched "The Apprentice" mouth agape on the floor
Old 12-27-2020, 11:47 AM   #75
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
No one ever saw he would con enough gullible fools like you and off topic to win.

And underestimated how many idiots watched "The Apprentice" mouth agape on the floor
Exactly. That's how THEY thought....they were dead wrong, as you continue to be, every single day.

And it has nothing to do with gullibility.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: