Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 307 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:55 PM   #13936
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
I bet you don't even believe sin exists or that evil exists, do you?
Evil and sin are in the eye of the beholder.

Quote:
How would you know what God subscribes to? Do you Skype with each other everyday? And even if it is snobby to you, maybe it isn't to God.
I know what God subscribes to because the God Skype is within me.

And the reason God does not subscribe to "snobby" and "exclusive clubs" is because those involve serious ego which by its nature excludes God.

Quote:
What is truth? What you say it is?
The divine love within

Quote:
Read John 5. The Pharisees did not have the love of God in them -- per your main Man Jesus.
Who cares what the Pharisees did 2000 years ago. They are long dead. This is YOUR opportunity to be better than they.

Quote:
But God is not your Father. To you, he is a tree, a rock, the clouds, the water, the soil, etc, etc.
I never said that. I said God is IN everything. But when I want to communicate with God, I don't go to a rock or a tree. I turn within.How many times do I have to say it B4 you understand?

Quote:
Man cannot change his nature. Anymore than God can.
That's right. And both are divine.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:56 PM   #13937
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

What Christ's Church does

Christ's Church continues Christ's work. The Church heals, forgives sins, baptizes as Christ instructed, acclaims God, teaches and interprets Scripture, makes disciples of Christ through the Good News brought by Christ and continues the institution of the Lord's supper instituted by Christ.

Christ's Church continues to build on the foundation of Christ's teachings and works, as Christ's Apostles did.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 08-18-2014 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:37 PM   #13938
Hank

Quote:
His commandments are stipulated throughout the four canonical gospels and Revelation and are are frequently restated in various ways throughout the rest of the NT.

Regarding your second question: I have no idea. But any church who has a good handle on the covenants in the bible and subscribes to New Covenant Theology will also be keeping Jesus' commandments.

Boxcar
Matthew 5:38 and 39:
Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but who soever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Matthew 5:43 and 44:
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy.
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which spitefully use you, and persecute you;

The REAL commandments of Jesus, such as the two above, are the pillars of TRUE Christianity.They are NOT the pillars of any "institutional" Christianity that I am aware of.Why? Because these commandments would actually change the world and powerful governments and institutions have no REAL interest in that.

Last edited by Hank; 08-18-2014 at 11:41 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:21 PM   #13939
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
Evil and sin are in the eye of the beholder.
Exactly! And this is why you reject God's great salvation. You're just another self-righteous, do-it-yourselfer who has a high moral opinion of yourself.

Quote:
I know what God subscribes to because the God Skype is within me.
As it was in the prophets, the apostles and Jesus; yet God never told them what he's telling you. And this tells me that your communicating with that evil "angel of light".

Quote:
And the reason God does not subscribe to "snobby" and "exclusive clubs" is because those involve serious ego which by its nature excludes God.
An incoherent statement. Wanna try again?

Quote:
The divine love within
Define love.

Quote:
Who cares what the Pharisees did 2000 years ago. They are long dead. This is YOUR opportunity to be better than they.
Because you're no different than them. You, them and everyone else in the world are sinners by nature.

Quote:
I never said that. I said God is IN everything. But when I want to communicate with God, I don't go to a rock or a tree. I turn within.How many times do I have to say it B4 you understand?
Right. You turn within and worship yourself. You're not better than the Roman emperors who thought they were gods, too.

Quote:
That's right. And both are divine.
Well, then...since you now agree that God cannot change his nature, then he cannot sin since by nature he is holy and righteous. But man's nature will not allow him to not sin. The fact that God cannot sin and man can only sin should tell you that YOU are not God Almighty! Compared to the Almighty, you are less than a worm!

Also, God is immutable. This, too, is one of his attributes. But man isn't. Man is always being tossed to and 'fro by every whim and wind of new religious doctrine.

Finally, I would remind you that since you have also agreed that God is omnipotent and can do all things, then why do you deny that he has revealed himself to the world through his inspired prophets and apostles and finally his Son? But you categorically reject that he has done this. Why? On what grounds? (This is rhetorical question, since I know what you real reason is. You are like those Pharisees who loved to glorify themselves and receive honor from men by pretending to be something they weren't. You like to think of yourself as a god so that you can worship and glorify yourself.) So, at the end of the day, you are no different than the Pharisees who were the arch enemies of Christ.

Boxcar
Old 08-19-2014, 05:25 PM   #13940
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Oy vey!
Old 08-19-2014, 05:35 PM   #13941
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank
Matthew 5:38 and 39:
Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but who soever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Matthew 5:43 and 44:
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy.
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which spitefully use you, and persecute you;

The REAL commandments of Jesus, such as the two above, are the pillars of TRUE Christianity.They are NOT the pillars of any "institutional" Christianity that I am aware of.Why? Because these commandments would actually change the world and powerful governments and institutions have no REAL interest in that.
But Christ is the founder, builder and head of His church. There is no such thing as an "institutional church". That concept is not biblical. Institutional churches are worldly churches, largely devoid of any spiritual life. Again, the "church" is God's people. And people aren't religious institutions.

Also, there are far more than just two "real commandments" that Christ gave. He also said that "if you love me, you'll keep my commandments". But in order to do that, you have to know what those commandments are. Walking around all day singing, "What the world needs now is love -- sweet love" -- doesn't cut it. Biblical love manifests itself in various practical and concrete ways.

Boxcar
P.S. One other thing about love -- a great deal is written in the NT about how the saints are to love one another. The "saints" -- i.e., God's people are to love one another -- even above the people of the world who are Satan's people. Only a hypocrite could claim to be a Christian and yet have no love for his spiritual family. John makes this very clear in 1 John.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:40 PM   #13942
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Is Christianity the ultimate "bubble stock?"

Tulip-mania, only on a grander scale and over a much longer time.

Discuss among yourselves....
Old 08-19-2014, 10:51 PM   #13943
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
But the world doesn't love according to Paul's definition of love in 1 Corinthians 13.

Boxcar
There is no definition of love in 1 Corinthians 13.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:58 PM   #13944
Hank

Quote:
But Christ is the founder, builder and head of His church.
Quote:
There is no such thing as an "institutional church".
That concept is not biblical.
Quote:
Institutional churches are worldly churches,
largely devoid of any spiritual life. Again, the "church" is God's people. And people aren't religious institutions.

Also, there are far more than just two "real commandments" that Christ gave. He also said that "if you love me, you'll keep my commandments". But in order to do that, you have to know what those commandments are. Walking around all day singing, "What the world needs now is love -- sweet love" -- doesn't cut it. Biblical love manifests itself in various practical and concrete ways.

Boxcar
P.S. One other thing about love -- a great deal is written in the NT about how the saints are to love one another. The "saints" -- i.e., God's people are to love one another -- even above the people of the world who are Satan's people. Only a hypocrite could claim to be a Christian and yet have no love for his spiritual family. John makes this very clear in 1 John.

"There is no such thing as an "institutional church"

"Institutional churches are worldly churches"
Old 08-20-2014, 12:12 AM   #13945
thaskalos

Quote:
But Christ is the founder, builder and head of His church. There is no such thing as an "institutional church". That concept is not biblical. Institutional churches are worldly churches, largely devoid of any spiritual life. Again, the "church" is God's people. And people aren't religious institutions.

Boxcar
IMO...Paul the Apostle is the founder and builder of Jesus's church.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:42 AM   #13946
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Exactly! And this is why you reject God's great salvation. You're just another self-righteous, do-it-yourselfer who has a high moral opinion of yourself.
Not true

Quote:
As it was in the prophets, the apostles and Jesus; yet God never told them what he's telling you. And this tells me that your communicating with that evil "angel of light".
The message of God is the same for all.

Quote:
An incoherent statement. Wanna try again?
No

Quote:
Define love.
I said Divine love and you know what that is.

Quote:
Because you're no different than them. You, them and everyone else in the world are sinners by nature.
If you think everyone is a sinner then they are. If you see beyond the superficial, then they are not.

Quote:
Right. You turn within and worship yourself.
There is no worshiping myself or God. There is just the privilege of basking in his love.

Quote:
You're not better than the Roman emperors who thought they were gods, too.
You're no better than them either.No one is "better" than another in God's eyes.

Quote:
The fact that God cannot sin and man can only sin should tell you that YOU are not God Almighty!
Well done Sherlock.

Quote:
Compared to the Almighty, you are less than a worm!
And you are greater than a worm? Don't insult the worms.

Quote:
Finally, I would remind you that since you have also agreed that God is omnipotent and can do all things, then why do you deny that he has revealed himself to the world through his inspired prophets and apostles and finally his Son?
I never denied that.

Quote:
But you categorically reject that he has done this. Why? On what grounds? (This is rhetorical question, since I know what you real reason is. You are like those Pharisees who loved to glorify themselves and receive honor from men by pretending to be something they weren't. You like to think of yourself as a god so that you can worship and glorify yourself.) So, at the end of the day, you are no different than the Pharisees who were the arch enemies of Christ.
I don't know what you are smoking but you should cut it out. You should quite your mind through meditation, and focus on your breath. You will find it impossible to do for more than 3 seconds B4 you lose focus on your breath due to thoughts. Try as you may, you will not be able to focus on your breath for more than a few seconds B4 you lose your focus again. This will tell you that you are not in control of yourself as your statements have betrayed your stability.

When you can focus on your breath you can transcend your thoughts. It is only then that you can start to enter a different realm where "thoughts" do not rule you. You will start to relax. Then you will start to "feel" a "glow" and a sense that you are being taken care of. As you progress you will start to feel traces of love. To get to this point may take you many years.

As you progress, you will go deeper into the feeling of love. As you do, there will also be a "wisdom" attached to this love because it is of a higher intelligence, not worldly. The intensity, depth and intelligence of this love is infinite. I have no other word for it than God.

When you get to this level, you will understand what I say. Even though you sound like a lunatic now.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:35 PM   #13947
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
IMO...Paul the Apostle is the founder and builder of Jesus's church.
Jesus called it HIS church. He said, I will build MY church.... The church is not a human invention. The church is a divinely-ordained institution.

Boxcar
Old 08-20-2014, 09:46 PM   #13948
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
Not true

The message of God is the same for all.

No

I said Divine love and you know what that is.

If you think everyone is a sinner then they are. If you see beyond the superficial, then they are not.

There is no worshiping myself or God. There is just the privilege of basking in his love.

You're no better than them either.No one is "better" than another in God's eyes.

Well done Sherlock.

And you are greater than a worm? Don't insult the worms.

I never denied that.

I don't know what you are smoking but you should cut it out. You should quite your mind through meditation, and focus on your breath. You will find it impossible to do for more than 3 seconds B4 you lose focus on your breath due to thoughts. Try as you may, you will not be able to focus on your breath for more than a few seconds B4 you lose your focus again. This will tell you that you are not in control of yourself as your statements have betrayed your stability.

When you can focus on your breath you can transcend your thoughts. It is only then that you can start to enter a different realm where "thoughts" do not rule you. You will start to relax. Then you will start to "feel" a "glow" and a sense that you are being taken care of. As you progress you will start to feel traces of love. To get to this point may take you many years.

As you progress, you will go deeper into the feeling of love. As you do, there will also be a "wisdom" attached to this love because it is of a higher intelligence, not worldly. The intensity, depth and intelligence of this love is infinite. I have no other word for it than God.

When you get to this level, you will understand what I say. Even though you sound like a lunatic now.
Go stroke your ego by basking in his love. Oh...but one other thing before I take my leave of you -- You must love Him first and foremost. Then love your neighbor. Then love God's saints even above your neighbor. And then love the truth. (Those who do not love God's word will be condemned for all eternity!) But you have love for none of these. I liken you to a boob-tube addict who loves to passively bask in and lose himself in the sights and sounds of his TV. But biblical love is far, far more than passively basking in someone else's love.

If you love ME, you'll keep MY commandments.

But this you are loathe to do, for your pride will only allow you to be the final authority in your life.

Boxcar
Old 08-20-2014, 09:48 PM   #13949
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor
There is no definition of love in 1 Corinthians 13.
Sure there is. You just can't see it. The chapter is telling us what it means TO LOVE.

Boxcar
Old 08-20-2014, 09:59 PM   #13950
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Sure there is. You just can't see it. The chapter is telling us what it means TO LOVE.

Boxcar
Which is not the same thing as a definition.