Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 01-18-2019, 05:35 PM   #31
summersquall

Patriots record on the road is mediocre this year. Last four AFC title games played away from home they are 1-3, including three consecutive losses dating back to the 2006 season. Temperature at kickoff in the mid-teens expected so turnovers and mental mistakes might be more prevalent than during the regular season.
summersquall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2019, 05:50 PM   #32
ultracapper

13 points for the Chiefs? Whew. I'd think they could do that on an ice rink in their underwear. I think the Pats will need a few more than 20, and I think they'll get more than 20. Whether they'll get enough to win, I'm not guessing one way or the other. But I think both teams will, if the field is to NFL standards, all things considered, play their "game".
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2019, 07:35 PM   #33
Teach

I'm thinking the field may be "tricky". I'm predicating my point-totals based on what I see as less than ideal Arrowhead surface conditions. If the field turns out to be in better shape than I believe it will, I'd revise my pick. I'll stick with what I have. There was loose sod in the Baltimore game.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2019, 08:12 PM   #34
jimmyb

Patriot playoff record away from Gillette in the BB era is 3-4. Average Patriot score is 24 points. Average opponents score is 25 points. O/U I'm putting at 50 points. Patriots +3

Last edited by jimmyb; 01-18-2019 at 08:13 PM.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2019, 08:14 PM   #35
thaskalos

NE... 6
KC...17
Old 01-18-2019, 08:30 PM   #36
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
NE... 6
KC...17
What is that? A 1st quarter score? LOL

I think that cold weather or not the final score should be around:
NE-35 / KC-31
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2019, 09:05 PM   #37
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
What is that? A 1st quarter score? LOL

I think that cold weather or not the final score should be around:
NE-35 / KC-31
Okay then...I bow to your expertise.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:48 PM   #38
Suff
Beat up 💪

41-39 Brady.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2019, 11:48 PM   #39
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Okay then...I bow to your expertise.
It's a bit premature for that comment. Don't ya think?
Your score prediction I assume was based on the weather conditions. From what they're saying now its certainly going to be cold, but precipitation shouldn't be a big issue.

BTW I've been known to occasionally come up with some real clunkers, but after going 4 and 0 last weekend I've been feeling dangerously lucky so far!
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2019, 09:45 AM   #40
pandy

The latest I heard is 30 degrees and mostly cloudy at kickoff, pretty normal football weather, hard to believe that will be a factor. Maybe a bigger factor could be the new sod they installed this week.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2019, 10:49 AM   #41
Teach

Re-sodding is an issue. This isn't like replacing divots on a golf course. There could be loose sod. That's why I would caution that before wagering on this AFC Championship game, you find out - through reporters, sportscasters - what the condition of the field is. Normally, sod take two to three weeks to grow. This is a major factor!

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 01-19-2019, 12:13 PM   #42
Teach

Could the Chiefs be "hoisted by their own petard?" What's the motivation for the re-sodding? A fast-track for Tyreek Hill?

I don't get it. I'm assuming the Chiefs grounds crew dug up the old turf and trucked in tons of "rug sod" to replace it. But what's holding that sod in place? The underlayment. Under the best of conditions - in the summer - it takes two to three weeks for adherence. There's no stability. It can be like an area rug over a slick oak flooring with no padding underneath.

The players could be slippin' and slidin' like they're on glare ice. The field could, by the 2nd Half, look like the tee-box on the "Island Hole" at Sawgrass during the final round.

That's why, in my opinion, I wouldn't rush to get my bet in. I'd wait until a few minutes before the kickoff. If I'm the Patriots, I'd have several choices of footwear. Both teams might have to change cleats at halftime.

Finally, I believe that if a team is going to win, they have to get ahead, early! I sense that playing from behind will be difficult. Just ask the Colts...and that field was in decent shape.

Oh, one last thought: What impact will the Roman bath, i.e., underground heating system, have on the field? So many imponderables. I'm still sticking with Patriots 20, Chiefs, 13. That prediction is based on a field that may wreak havoc.

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 01-20-2019, 11:13 AM   #43
Teach

About 7 and 1/2 hours to go to the Patriots vs. Chiefs. Gee, I wish I knew what Arrowhead looked like. The field, that is. No stadium cams. I still can't believe they put down all that new sod (I believe they call them "plugs" (grass carpets"). Bermuda grass is better suited for southern climes. Marginal at the latitude of KC. Will it be slippery? This is a factor that anyone wagering on the game must take into consideration.

Further, I believe one of the keys for the Patriots is stopping Damien Williams. Make the Chiefs go to the air. Another factor is how much of a contribution can "Gronk" make? He's an excellent blocker, but if he were to catch four or five passes, that would be huge.

I tell ya, I can't wait. Oh, by the way, one last thought. Important. There are snow flurries nearby that are heading southeast toward Kansas City (current temp: 14 degrees). What impact, although limited, will those snowflakes (they could be melted by the underground heating) have on the field of play?

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 01-20-2019, 09:07 PM   #44
ultracapper

The GMC "Na-Na-Na" commercial has gotta go.

Goodbye
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2019, 09:22 PM   #45
thaskalos

"Roughing the passer"?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: