Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-27-2016, 12:46 PM   #16
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
I heard that they got indicted for using fraudulent California drivers' licenses in order to expose what Planned Parenthood was doing and they weren't accredited journalists. So basically, if you are an accredited journalist trying to expose crimes you can do something like that, but if you aren't you've broken some law. This is a case of the nonsensical part of the story being used to cover up the story that really matters.
There was the matter of using a fake drivers license which is against the law.

But there is more to the indictment than that. Dedeilen and Merritt were also indicted on charges of tampering with a government document.

The document referred to was the video itself which became a government document when it was presented to the Grand Jury. The Jury found that the video had been tampered with by selective editing and doctoring to present a conclusion different from that which would be obtained by viewing the entire video. Centers for Medical Progress attempted to perpetrate a fraud on the Grand Jury and they were caught.

I think the Accredited Journalist thing is nonsense. I have not seen the actual indictment, but I am confident that there is nothing about Accredited Journalists in the indictment. I am also confident that no journalist is allowed to tamper with a government document or display a fake ID in order to get a story. That's not to say they never do it; just that if they get caught they have no special immunity.

The Accredited Journalist theory came form the fertile imagination of David Deleiden.
Old 01-27-2016, 12:51 PM   #17
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Isn't the Driver's License the gov't document? I'm only tangentially aware of this story, but all I heard was that they are being busted for using fake California driver's licenses.

As if investigative journalists never faked their identity before to gain access to the story...calling Mike Wallace...calling the dude who set up all those child pervs to come over and ring the doorbell...

I mean, really? They're busting these guys over using fake driver's licenses which they didn't even use to DRIVE WITH but rather to get into PP with...

BIG STORY!
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2016, 12:55 PM   #18
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
So you say PP never sold baby parts?
That is precisely what we are saying. In the first place,use of the term "baby parts" is inaccurate and emotionally dishonest. It evokes images of someone with a baby's arm or leg displayed like some gruesome trophy. Fetal tissue is a much more accurate and honest term.

Planned Parenthood provided fetal tissue and in some cases whole organs from deceased fetuses to legitimate researchers. For this, they were compensated up to, but not more than their costs for shipping and storage. They made no profit on the transactions.
Old 01-27-2016, 12:59 PM   #19
davew

The felony charge is tampering with a governmental record in creating fake California driver's licenses.

It is odd that if this was an undercover FBI sting, the other people would be charged.

I did not hear any of the PP workers saying - oh no, we can only charge $20 to cover our added expenses...
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2016, 01:06 PM   #20
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
That is precisely what we are saying. In the first place,use of the term "baby parts" is inaccurate and emotionally dishonest. It evokes images of someone with a baby's arm or leg displayed like some gruesome trophy. Fetal tissue is a much more accurate and honest term.
Yeah...kind of like the powers that be in pre-WW2 Germany referring to Jews as animals and perhaps not of this world subhumans, making their extermination much more palatable in the end to those who may have actually still had a conscience.

Propaganda at its finest...and I won't ignore this happens ON BOTH SIDES of the abortion debate. But once again, the truth resides in the middle where few dare to go...
Old 01-27-2016, 01:08 PM   #21
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
deceased fetuses
That means you acknowledge that they were once alive.
Can't be deceased if you were never alive.

So now that we have established you recognize a fetus as a form of life, let's work on your terminology.

They are technically murdered fetuses, deceased being a cover up word, or code for the American holocaust deniers.
Old 01-27-2016, 01:47 PM   #22
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Isn't the Driver's License the gov't document? I'm only tangentially aware of this story, but all I heard was that they are being busted for using fake California driver's licenses.

As if investigative journalists never faked their identity before to gain access to the story...calling Mike Wallace...calling the dude who set up all those child pervs to come over and ring the doorbell...

I mean, really? They're busting these guys over using fake driver's licenses which they didn't even use to DRIVE WITH but rather to get into PP with...

BIG STORY!
In other words, you don't know what you are talking about, but you are going to talk about it anyway. Here is a link which better explains the story. Fake drivers licenses was only a part-a small part-of the indictment.
http://www.khou.com/story/news/local...sers/79317946/
The following excerpts are all statements by KHOU legal expert Gerald Treece.
"Here is the key concept. It's a hoax. They were in fact creating something that wasn't real." Treece said.

It's not just trickery. It's almost like they cut and paste. According to the Harris County District Attorney, they created an image and presented to the grand jury that wasn't truthful. It was tampering with evidence." Treece said.

I think the official charge was tampering with a government record. That record being the grand jury proceedings.

Having a fraudulent drivers license is a crime, but that is not the major part of the charge.
Old 01-27-2016, 02:00 PM   #23
mostpost

Whether we like it or not, abortion is legal in the United States. In their obsession with abortion, groups like Centers for Medical Progress used fraud to try and shut down Planned Parenthood.

Planned Parenthood provides 3,600.000 contraceptive services annually.
Planned Parenthood treats 4.500,000 cases of sexually transmitted diseases annually.
Planned Parenthood administers 1,000,000 cancer screenings every year.
Planned Parenthood administers pregnancy tests and provides prenatal care for 1,000,000 clients each year.

3% of Planned Parenthood's services involve abortion.

Planned Parenthood's clientele leans heavily toward the poor and disadvantaged.

Abortion is legal. Yet the anti abortion zealots want to shut down Planned Parenthood, thereby denying women-poor women in particular-access to needed healthcare.
Old 01-27-2016, 02:03 PM   #24
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo
Your one sick puppy Mostie, one very sick puppy.
Another example of someone with nothing to add to the discussion, resorting to personal attacks. Clocker will be along soon to chastise you................I'm sure he is on his way..................maybe his damn wifi is blocking access.
Old 01-27-2016, 02:07 PM   #25
davew

Quote:
In other words, you don't know what you are talking about, but you are going to talk about it anyway. Here is a link which better explains the story. Fake drivers licenses was only a part-a small part-of the indictment.
http://www.khou.com/story/news/local...sers/79317946/
The following excerpts are all statements by KHOU legal expert Gerald Treece.
"Here is the key concept. It's a hoax. They were in fact creating something that wasn't real." Treece said.

It's not just trickery. It's almost like they cut and paste. According to the Harris County District Attorney, they created an image and presented to the grand jury that wasn't truthful. It was tampering with evidence." Treece said.

I think the official charge was tampering with a government record. That record being the grand jury proceedings.

Having a fraudulent drivers license is a crime, but that is not the major part of the charge.

for many DEMocrats, a felony is not as bad as a misdemeanor because of their leaders examples
Old 01-27-2016, 02:13 PM   #26
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
That means you acknowledge that they were once alive.
Can't be deceased if you were never alive.

So now that we have established you recognize a fetus as a form of life, let's work on your terminology.

They are technically murdered fetuses, deceased being a cover up word, or code for the American holocaust deniers.
I never said a fetus was not alive. The disagreement comes in when a fetus transitions to human.

But that is not the point of this thread. No one is saying Planned Parenthood does not perform abortions. No one is saying Planned Parenthood does not provide fetal tissue to researchers and such. We are saying that they do not realize a profit in doing so. And we are saying that Deleidin and Merritt committed fraud in trying to prove their case.
Old 01-27-2016, 02:22 PM   #27
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
The disagreement comes in when a fetus transitions to human.
As opposed to what, little puppies for a few month, then kitty cats, then birdies.....then, halfway through the birth canal. Pixie dust is applied and *presto* a human?
Old 01-27-2016, 02:24 PM   #28
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
You sure about this? Because it's starting to sound like you don't know much more about this case than I do...
Old 01-27-2016, 02:26 PM   #29
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I never said a fetus was not alive. The disagreement comes in when a fetus transitions to human.
Transitions....

I hear if you squint really hard, you can see a faint glow when it happens on an ultrasound...
Old 01-27-2016, 02:32 PM   #30
davew

Quote:

But that is not the point of this thread. No one is saying Planned Parenthood does not perform abortions. No one is saying Planned Parenthood does not provide fetal tissue to researchers and such. We are saying that they do not realize a profit in doing so. And we are saying that Deleidin and Merritt committed fraud in trying to prove their case.

It I a good thing there are transitions. If a government controlled health plan gets pushed through - the transitions argument will easily be applied to eliminate death panels for premature and deformed fetus expulsions.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: