Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-28-2020, 02:10 AM   #121
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevecsd2 View Post
This situation with police officers exerting too much force won't change until we remove their government approved qualified immunity.
What the hell are you talking about? No such thing exists.......
Old 05-28-2020, 02:18 AM   #122
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Looting US Bank

http://twitter.com/maxnesterak/statu...443392/video/1
Old 05-28-2020, 02:30 AM   #123
TJDave

So where are the police?
Old 05-28-2020, 02:49 AM   #124
highernote

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Fascinating. I would have thought looters would be more frenetic.
No. Not surprising. The Wall Street bankers were cool, calm, collected, and not frenetic as they looted trillions of dollars. Richard Fuld, CEO of Lehman Brothers got 600+ million dollars in total compensation. Largest bankruptcy ever. Lehman goes bankrupt and it didn't cost him a cent.

Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch and others paid billions each in fines, but that is far less than they made from the financial crisis. No one spent a second in jail for all the billions they made from their fraudulent repackaging of liar loans to sell as securities to sucker buyers.

But it wasn't all bad. A lot of construction workers made a living by being employed to build all those homes that were funded by liar loans. So there is that.

It was great for everyone until the bubble burst.

The smart criminals made billions, were never prosecuted, and never lost a cent.

The Bernie Madoff types were pikers and too stupid to avoid being caught compared to the big CEOs on Wall Street.

So to see these people looting a Target -- it's sad and it's wrong, but they're small potatoes.

The biggest crimes that are the most financially damaging are committed at the highest levels.
highernote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2020, 02:50 AM   #125
MargieRose

No excuse for looting/stealing/destroying property. This is where my sympathy goes out the window.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2020, 05:43 AM   #126
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I enjoy reading your posts MONEY, and I wish all cops were like you and JustRalph...but I must disagree with you on the "cops are people just like everybody else" argument. Unlike everybody else...the cops have been equipped with guns by the state. So...this privilege means, to me at least, that the cops should be held to a much higher standard...as far as "behavior" is concerned.
Quite correct. I have relatives in law enforcement. Just regular people helping police the community. One of my cousins (once removed) is a police officer here in jersey. I trust him with my life that he does the right thing when it comes to law enforcement.

It’s a tough job and give him a lot of credit.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2020, 07:44 AM   #127
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
people mourn in different ways...dont be judgmental.
Hey, with this lock down people NEED new big screen TVs.
Cut them some slack, after all, governors have OKed spring training, so they need to get ready for the summer riots.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:51 AM   #128
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
I enjoy reading your posts MONEY, and I wish all cops were like you and JustRalph...but I must disagree with you on the "cops are people just like everybody else" argument. Unlike everybody else...the cops have been equipped with guns by the state. So...this privilege means, to me at least, that the cops should be held to a much higher standard...as far as "behavior" is concerned.
At least they don't use those guns to go out get them some big screen TVs!

You bring up a good point,though.
Yes, they ARE held to a higher standard, but they are also disrespected by the public in many areas, spit on, have water poured on them, sometimes get gunned down in their squad cars (NYC)

horsey suggested people be forced to go to school with their kids to prevent them from learning racism. Maybe they could add an hour or two to that say and teach the kids how to RESPECT not only police, but other people and property.
To use horsey's words, looting and rioting are learned responses.

The justice system will take care of the 4 cops - who will take care of the rioters and looters in the streets?
Old 05-28-2020, 07:53 AM   #129
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevecsd2 View Post
This situation with police officers exerting too much force won't change until we remove their government approved qualified immunity. When they start being personally responsible for their actions it should improve.

And, fortunately, this one was on video. And the news said he was handcuffed when that officer put his knee on the man's neck. If two officers can't handle him and get him into the police car without doing this they should be fired.
They were.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:55 AM   #130
garyscpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
protesting, rioting and looting (Target, Cub Foods, more?) seems reasonable for such an injustice. Nothing like a new HD flatscreen television to cool the embers.

I do not remember such activity after Mohamed Noor shot Justine Damond.
Yes, but I believe this voids the warranty on the TV. Another form of racism.

Last edited by garyscpa; 05-28-2020 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Auto-correct
garyscpa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2020, 07:57 AM   #131
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
Quite correct. I have relatives in law enforcement. Just regular people helping police the community. One of my cousins (once removed) is a police officer here in jersey. I trust him with my life that he does the right thing when it comes to law enforcement.

It’s a tough job and give him a lot of credit.

Allan
Ever watch COPS and Live PD?

Cops deal with a special groups of stupid every day. It is amazing more people aren't found shot along side the road.

Obviously these cops are a minority, but the rioting and looting response is pretty much SOP.

Hats off to you cousin.

The way to honor the good cops is to make theses 4 get fried, juiced, whatever - Murder 1. All 4.

Last edited by Tom; 05-28-2020 at 08:10 AM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2020, 10:29 AM   #132
classhandicapper

Quote:
I agree with you, but unfortunately, despite our efforts, bad apples still slip through in every area of life. We see that in corporations, among school teachers, ministries, the priesthood, media etc..

No question the goal should be to do a LOT better than we are now, but I think the media DOES NOT do a good job of explaining the statistics on the ethnic makeup of the country and police forces, of the data for white on back, black on white, white on Hispanic etc.. incidents among police officers while using proper controls for crime in various areas.

I suspect if a responsible media did that, they'd find the incidence of racism was actually way lower than the perception that people have based on irresponsible/incompetent/agenda driven media reporting.
Old 05-28-2020, 11:43 AM   #133
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Ever watch COPS and Live PD?

The way to honor the good cops is to make theses 4 get fried, juiced, whatever - Murder 1. All 4.
Pause on using Cops as a window into people. For many reasons, among them that everyone involved signs releases to be shown.

Please raise your hand if you’d sign that release.
Seeing no hands, I close cops.

Lets wait and see what the run-up to this was. If the victim put hands on , then they can kill him. Usually that’s carte-blanche for cops if you strike them or make them fear for their safety...they can bury you on the spot.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2020, 11:56 AM   #134
Tor Ekman

Looks like there's a loose interpretation of "curbside pick-up" in effect in Minnesota
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2020, 12:37 PM   #135
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor Ekman View Post
Looks like there's a loose interpretation of "curbside pick-up" in effect in Minnesota
Terrible handling by the cop. Listening to him: “are you going to get up and get in the car”. I think it’s likely he was uncooperative in being placed in the car.

Even handcuffed if you resist, you can’t be placed in a car.

Usually cops do things similar to this to demonstrate overwhelming force, and the subject becomes compliant & gets in the car.

News today is that it was a bad-check. He was trying to cash a bad check. Allegedly. God help us if he actually was doing nothing wrong.

You have to think he was. With Covin-19 the police are not eager to put more people in jail. It had to be arrest worthy.

Speaking of being arrested & put in jail, with covin-19 , resistance spikes to life/death levels. Who the F wants to be in jail now?

Also consider: Financially, again, with covin-19, the man was trying everything he could to put cash in his pocket. Bad check.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply