Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 10:43 AM   #106
Tall One
Scum Bum!

Well...this thread has taken a surprising turn..

-Before the lock, congrats Serling..
Old 09-13-2016, 10:49 AM   #107
CincyHorseplayer

Wow. Outrage over complimenting a guy. What a douchebag!
Old 09-13-2016, 10:57 AM   #108
Alwaysonpoint36
loose on the lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer

PA is moderating right know. Which means you don't get to sit at the adults table.

Hush, have some pumpkin pie and watch the game.
Hahahaha that was some coldblooded ish right there.

Billy Bats was put in a trunk for telling Tommy to go get his shinebox. What's your fate here going to be?
Old 09-13-2016, 11:23 AM   #109
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Anyone know who has the inside track on the track announcer's job at Oaklawn.....
Old 09-13-2016, 11:26 AM   #110
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
This couldn't be further from the truth.

I asked an honest question. You made it about you. That was far from an unsolicited troll. It wasn't a troll, and it certainly wasn't unsolicited.

You said several could do it. I asked you to name them and you only name yourself. Comparing what you did on TVG to what Andy does at NYRA is, frankly, laughable.

I know Andy Serling. Andy Serling is a friend of mine. Vic, you are no Andy Serling.
He isn't Andy Serling, of course, he's much closer to Andy Dick.
Old 09-13-2016, 11:27 AM   #111
johnhannibalsmith

If he stops messing around with that dang NYRA job and Stronach one and the FOX gig and just heeds the great career advice, hey who knows, after a few years of layoff it could just be Serling one day.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
Old 09-13-2016, 11:32 AM   #112
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Wow...and to think I kicked a guy off the board today who didn't come close to this level of insult to cj...
Just curious, who did you "86" from the board, yesterday?
Old 09-13-2016, 12:06 PM   #113
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
Just curious, who did you "86" from the board, yesterday?

Lets just say I guess he told him.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:04 PM   #114
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
This couldn't be further from the truth.

I asked an honest question. You made it about you. That was far from an unsolicited troll. It wasn't a troll, and it certainly wasn't unsolicited.

You said several could do it. I asked you to name them and you only name yourself. Comparing what you did on TVG to what Andy does at NYRA is, frankly, laughable.

I know Andy Serling. Andy Serling is a friend of mine. Vic, you are no Andy Serling.
Best news I've heard all day.

I didn't name only myself. I added Frank Mirahmadi and offered to include others.

And you're right. What Andy does at NYRA and what the analysts do at TVG isn't comparable.

NYRA is nine 2 minute hits over the course of a race card.

TVG is 4 hours in studio juggling multiple racetracks. With lights, make up, suit and tie, and everything else live television entails.

I've done both and TVG is about 50,000 times tougher.

As I will say again, which you never acknowledge, I think Andy does a great job. Perhaps best in the business. But believe it or not there are others with skill sets just as talented.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:07 PM   #115
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysonpoint36
Hahahaha that was some coldblooded ish right there.

Billy Bats was put in a trunk for telling Tommy to go get his shinebox. What's your fate here going to be?
If they call and tell me I'm being made. I'M NOT GOING!
Old 09-13-2016, 01:23 PM   #116
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer
Wow. Outrage over complimenting a guy. What a douchebag!
You can't be speaking of me.

I've complimented TLG a hundred times on these pages.

The next positive thing he says about me, or anyone else, for that matter will be his first.

Andy and I have never met. From what I hear him say about handicapping, most of which I think is spot on, ironically I think we could be friends.

If not certainly have some heated debates about the intricacies of making money betting on horses.

But that can't happen. Because Andy was told by a third party that I was not a good person and decided to blindly accept that.

That's how people like him. And especially Mr. Third Party. Who more people hate than any 10 people in the business roll.

Oh well. I stopped worrying about him and his mediocrity many years ago.

When I was trying for the announcers job at NYRA. I had already decided that if I got it. I was going to approach Andy. Shake his hand and see if we could go forward with respect and a sense of teamwork. Alas I didn't get that opportunity. But should I see him at Oaklawn or the BC that's exactly what he can expect from me.

Do you people actually think there's any correlation between this site and the real racetrack world?

C'mon man!
Old 09-13-2016, 01:30 PM   #117
thaskalos

Quote:
Best news I've heard all day.

I didn't name only myself. I added Frank Mirahmadi and offered to include others.

And you're right. What Andy does at NYRA and what the analysts do at TVG isn't comparable.

NYRA is nine 2 minute hits over the course of a race card.

TVG is 4 hours in studio juggling multiple racetracks. With lights, make up, suit and tie, and everything else live television entails.

I've done both and TVG is about 50,000 times tougher.

As I will say again, which you never acknowledge, I think Andy does a great job. Perhaps best in the business. But believe it or not there are others with skill sets just as talented.
Here is the thing though, that you don't seem to understand. It is up to the AUDIENCE to decide whether an on-air personality is "just as talented" as someone else. And...if a poll were taken here between you, Mirahmadi and TLG, in the "handicapping presentation" department...I am fairly certain on what the outcome of the poll would be.

When the World Series Of Poker was first instituted...the intention was for the winner to be selected by a vote taken among the tournament's participants. But this practice had to be scrapped...because the entrants simply voted for THEMSELVES. It seems that we aren't very competent at judging our own level of skill/talent.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:36 PM   #118
thaskalos

Quote:

Do you people actually think there's any correlation between this site and the real racetrack world?

C'mon man!
From the looks of things...what you say here may turn out to be quite a compliment...for this SITE.
Old 09-13-2016, 02:14 PM   #119
castaway01

Quote:
It's good to hear you're not as big of a jackass in real life as you are here. Why you want to be a jackass to horse racing fans on the Internet is a whole other question for you and your therapist to work out.
Old 09-13-2016, 02:32 PM   #120
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Of course not. From what I've seen and heard people here think much more highly of him than those in the "real racetrack world"....
Closed Thread