Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 1.31 average.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:35 PM   #1
Stillriledup
Veteran

SRU's 60/40 NBA picks for 2015-16 season

Ill post sides and use the most widely available line at the time of the post. As full disclosure, I won't be making any selections (on or against) OKC due to CJs request that I not mush his team. CJ, you can let me know if any OKC is 'off limits' or not. Ill try and give a writeup when I can.

I'm calling this the 60/40 thread because out of the approx 100 games I released here last season, I had about 60 wins, thus, 60/40.

Ill be keeping track of wins and losses, feel free to post your own selections here in this thread as well as debate games or tell me why my picks are garbage.

Have a wonderful season everyone, lets try and Make some cash.

Two official picks for tonight

Utah -1 at Det

Pistons coming off upset win at ATL, quick turnaround here vs a hopefully underrated Jazz squad. Money coming in on the 'sharp' side.

Sac + 5.5 vs LAC

kings will be fired up here in front of energetic crowd, they play hard vs the clippers, 5.5 seems like some value.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2015, 11:45 PM   #2
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Ill post sides and use the most widely available line at the time of the post. As full disclosure, I won't be making any selections (on or against) OKC due to CJs request that I not mush his team. CJ, you can let me know if any OKC is 'off limits' or not. Ill try and give a writeup when I can.

I'm calling this the 60/40 thread because out of the approx 100 games I released here last season, I had about 60 wins, thus, 60/40.

Ill be keeping track of wins and losses, feel free to post your own selections here in this thread as well as debate games or tell me why my picks are garbage.

Utah -1 at Det

Pistons coming off upset win at ATL, quick turnaround here vs a hopefully underrated Jazz squad. Money coming in on the 'sharp' side.

Sac + 5.5 vs LAC

kings will be fired up here in front of energetic crowd, they play hard vs the clippers, 5.5 seems like some value.
You're fine picking on or against OKC, no worries.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2015, 11:57 PM   #3
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
You're fine picking on or against OKC, no worries.
Thanks. Appreciate that.

Trying to get Kings home to cover, LAC playing well, these Kings aren't half bad, they're competitive.

Congrats on OKC tonight, didnt see the game but looks like RW and KD were in form from the box scores.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:00 AM   #4
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Thanks. Appreciate that.

Trying to get Kings home to cover, LAC playing well, these Kings aren't half bad, they're competitive.

Congrats on OKC tonight, didnt see the game but looks like RW and KD were in form from the box scores.
Were down most of the game...Russ was fabulous, KD only so so. Kanter was really good and Waiters hit a couple clutch shots late.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:19 AM   #5
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:

Utah -1 at Det

Sac + 5.5 vs LAC

If you can continue that 60% win rate...I'll climb aboard in a heartbeat.
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2015, 12:25 AM   #6
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
If you can continue that 60% win rate...I'll climb aboard in a heartbeat.
Lol, that's not likely to happen again, but I guess anythings possible!
Old 10-29-2015, 12:34 AM   #7
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Lol, that's not likely to happen again, but I guess anythings possible!
To be honest SRU, maybe 10 games you won were on the lucky side, and in 5 games you caught bad luck for the loss. You should be able to win at 55% or better, but I do like you trying to be humble...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2015, 12:48 AM   #8
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
To be honest SRU, maybe 10 games you won were on the lucky side, and in 5 games you caught bad luck for the loss. You should be able to win at 55% or better, but I do like you trying to be humble...
I remember that I got unlucky 10 times and lucky 5, funny how my brain remembers it differently.

I know how hard 60 pct is to accomplish, especially with 100 or more picks, I think I was slightly unlucky to not at least split tonight, I liked my picks and was in both games to the end.

Tomorrow is another day.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:48 AM   #9
Robert Fischer
clean money

Knicks were at least respectable last night.

Melo Porzingas and Derrick Williams could possibly stabilize into a trio that makes them less horrible and simply bad.

Rooting for them to be watchable.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:34 PM   #10
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
Knicks were at least respectable last night.

Melo Porzingas and Derrick Williams could possibly stabilize into a trio that makes them less horrible and simply bad.

Rooting for them to be watchable.
Don't think the Knicks will ever win with that numbskull owner--it's almost like a disease that infects the entire organization. See Isaiah Thomas for further proof.
Reason I even bring something up that every Knick fan already knows is....there is light at the end of the tunnel. Warrior owner Cohen MERCIFULLY sold the team after over a decade of losing, and instantly, Golden State returned to respectability--resulting in an NBA Championship last year. It will happen eventually in NY too.
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2015, 02:24 PM   #11
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
Don't think the Knicks will ever win with that numbskull owner--it's almost like a disease that infects the entire organization. See Isaiah Thomas for further proof.
Reason I even bring something up that every Knick fan already knows is....there is light at the end of the tunnel. Warrior owner Cohen MERCIFULLY sold the team after over a decade of losing, and instantly, Golden State returned to respectability--resulting in an NBA Championship last year. It will happen eventually in NY too.
You talking about the Raiders or the Knicks?
Old 11-02-2015, 10:42 PM   #12
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I posted the Rockets would beat the Thunder, no idea where it went.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:23 AM   #13
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I posted the Rockets would beat the Thunder, no idea where it went.
You did, I responded that you were reverse jinxing and i was proud of you for that. You get credit Mr McEnroe
Old 11-03-2015, 09:41 AM   #14
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
You did, I responded that you were reverse jinxing and i was proud of you for that. You get credit Mr McEnroe
I'm going to pick just Thunder games this year and see how I do. I usually have a pretty good feel for how they will play.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:26 AM   #15
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Must win game for Charlotte Hornets tonight vs. Bulls, as they will start road trip going to Dallas, then Spurs. Coach Clifford's job is in peril if the 0-3 Hornets don't win tonight, as expectations were high with acquisitions of Batum, Lamb and Lin, plus coming off 7-1 preseason......ML play- Charlotte +160 via Betonline.ag
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply