Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:53 PM   #1
Valuist

2015-2016 NBA thread

Opening night is Tuesday. It's Ring Night for the Warriors, and historically, teams haven't been great on Ring Night. Maybe its added incentive for the visiting team. New Orleans was beaten 4 straight by GS in the playoffs last year, but did cover the number in 3 of the 4 games. But lastly, Alvin Gentry went from being Kerr's number 1 assistant to Pelicans head coach. Not asking New Orleans to win outright; just lose by single digits.

New Orleans +9.5 (Heritage)
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2015, 10:25 PM   #2
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Screw the spread....Strong ML play on Pelicans +475 via Westgate
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2015, 10:16 AM   #3
Canarsie

Just an idea but maybe a bunch of us can throw in $25 a head or so and each gets one pick in FB. I don't even have a clue how to play so it would also be a learning experience. If there was lots of interest there could be two teams or more.

Even if it was a buck a game (could be higher there are 82) the lucky selectors could have bragging rights for a game or two. I think it would be fun for PA alumni trying to overcome the young whippersnappers.

It also would help other members who are clueless like me how to make your selections down to a science.

Since we need a commissioner to run this thing if it gets off the ground I hereby nominate the GREAT (ok I might have gone a little overboard ) SRU to be the first commissioner of PA League Selectors or PALS. I know the nickname is really WEAK somebody please bail me out.

Thoughts???
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-02-2015, 01:12 AM   #4
Valuist

0-1 YTD

Oklahoma City -2

Must be the Kardashian jinx on James Harden; everything they touch gets destroyed. Rockets have lost each of the first 3 games by exactly 20 points. Yes, at some point the shooting slump will end. But in the meantime, gotta keep going against them.
Old 11-07-2015, 11:07 PM   #5
Valuist

In the ATS world, Orlando is perfect so far at 7-0 ATS, despite their actual 3-4 record.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:45 AM   #6
Valuist

Dallas +7 over LAC

Think the Mavs have had this one circled for awhile with D. Jordan returning to Dallas for the first time since reneging on a tentative deal.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:21 PM   #7
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
Dallas +7 over LAC

Think the Mavs have had this one circled for awhile with D. Jordan returning to Dallas for the first time since reneging on a tentative deal.
Lol I'm toying using lac minus 7 as one of my official picks but not sure yet, still pondering it.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2015, 10:14 PM   #8
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Dallas +7 over LAC

Congrats, easy winner, lac looks horrible, just getting out worked.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:58 PM   #9
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Congrats, easy winner, lac looks horrible, just getting out worked.
Lets face it; the Mavs had this game circled the second the schedule came out, The idiot ESPN announcer (wasn't Tirico or Collins) asks "how could the Mavs have so much energy tonight and were so lifeless last night"? How do these guys keep their jobs? Are they completely brain dead.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:01 PM   #10
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Lets face it; the Mavs had this game circled the second the schedule came out, The idiot ESPN announcer (wasn't Tirico or Collins) asks "how could the Mavs have so much energy tonight and were so lifeless last night"? How do these guys keep their jobs? Are they completely brain dead.
It was Mike Breen....BANG!
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2015, 01:07 AM   #11
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Teams get up for the clippers like no other team in the NBA. More examples tonight with Dallas mailing in a game but then diving face first into broken glass less than 24 hours later playing a complete 48 minute game after being embarrassed by a winless team and the Rockets shot out of a cannon w James Harden playing like it was his last day on earth vs LAC and then these guys turn around and get humiliated at home by a winless team. You can't make this stuff up.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:24 AM   #12
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Teams get up for the clippers like no other team in the NBA. More examples tonight with Dallas mailing in a game but then diving face first into broken glass less than 24 hours later playing a complete 48 minute game after being embarrassed by a winless team and the Rockets shot out of a cannon w James Harden playing like it was his last day on earth vs LAC and then these guys turn around and get humiliated at home by a winless team. You can't make this stuff up.
The Nets beat the Rockets tonight, in Houston no less. I guess everybody really gets up for the Rockets too.

You think the Spurs and Cavs and Thunder and Warriors don't get every team's best shot? Come on.

Last edited by cj; 11-12-2015 at 01:25 AM.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:38 AM   #13
Canarsie

Quote:
I thought teams only get up for the team with the conference or NBA title. How can a person get excited over a team that blew a 3-1 lead and a 19 point lead in the second half of game six at HOME.

Houston Rockets beat L.A. Clippers 119-107 with stunning comeback

http://www.syracuse.com/axeman/index..._comeback.html
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2015, 09:59 AM   #14
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I thought teams only get up for the team with the conference or NBA title. How can a person get excited over a team that blew a 3-1 lead and a 19 point lead in the second half of game six at HOME.

It's cathartic for him to overlook his team as the main reason for a loss.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:42 PM   #15
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarsie

If you watch the games it's not hard to see the increased passion, effort, body language, facial expressions, etc of the players. Teams don't seem to get up for GS and they're largely not getting up for NE in the NFL. Teams are rolling over when they play the champs, not sure why, GS isn't winning all their games by double digits because teams are laying it on the line for 48.