Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:40 AM   #1636
mikesal57
Veteran

Some towns here now have curfews.....

what does that really do but scare people even more

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (41.1 KB, 5 views)
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2020, 03:41 AM   #1637
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Well, whaddya know...futures are lock limit UP instead of down for a change...that's right...futures have circuit breakers during non-regular trading hours for big UP as well as big down moves....time for bed.
Old 03-17-2020, 05:19 AM   #1638
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Well, whaddya know...futures are lock limit UP instead of down for a change...that's right...futures have circuit breakers during non-regular trading hours for big UP as well as big down moves....time for bed.
anyone that could have predicted limit up today is a better man than i
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2020, 06:15 AM   #1639
sammy the sage

Well I'll predict a kitten bounce...at best for today...thinking it will end up down...

Closing of public gatherings and now curfews....sheer STUPIDITY.....not really....but that's not for debate in this forum...there is an ulterior motive....
Old 03-17-2020, 08:37 PM   #1640
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
Well I'll predict a kitten bounce...at best for today...thinking it will end up down...

Closing of public gatherings and now curfews....sheer STUPIDITY.....not really....but that's not for debate in this forum...there is an ulterior motive....
Well I was dead nuts wrong for a day anyways....no way to time anything anyways...

People aren't going to take and put that stimulus money in the market tho...it'll be toilet paper or cigarettes or booze or pot...

Long term....this is so dangerous....
Old 03-17-2020, 10:06 PM   #1641
Secondbest

So much for today’s rally. Dow futures down 575. S&P 70
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2020, 10:31 PM   #1642
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest View Post
So much for today’s rally. Dow futures down 575. S&P 70
I'm certain this doesn't surprise you at all...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2020, 11:17 PM   #1643
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

If anybody listened and bailed around 2800, don't touch this market again with a 10-foot pole. There is no telling how low it will go and there will be NO appreciable "V" shaped recovery or quick snapback.

We're digging ourselves the deepest hole we've ever seen, and yet people just want to dig even deeper...have to get away from that virus!!!

Forget about the failed businesses and the massive amounts of unemployed people the longer this goes on...

What about what the gov't is doing in terms of monetary policy? What kind of hole are they digging?? They were in a giant hole before.

No way this doesn't take 10 to 20+ years to fix in the end...

I think everybody will know when we hit bottom in the market this time around. There will be no mistaking it. We're not even close...UNLESS there is a major turnaround in current policy, which will never happen.

I hope I'm wrong, but I know I'm not.
Old 03-18-2020, 12:17 AM   #1644
thaskalos

Quote:
If anybody listened and bailed around 2800, don't touch this market again with a 10-foot pole. There is no telling how low it will go and there will be NO appreciable "V" shaped recovery or quick snapback.

We're digging ourselves the deepest hole we've ever seen, and yet people just want to dig even deeper...have to get away from that virus!!!

Forget about the failed businesses and the massive amounts of unemployed people the longer this goes on...

What about what the gov't is doing in terms of monetary policy? What kind of hole are they digging?? They were in a giant hole before.

I think everybody will know when we hit bottom in the market this time around. There will be no mistaking it. We're not even close...UNLESS there is a major turnaround in current policy, which will never happen.

No wonder the Democrats want nothing to do with winning the upcoming presidential election. It's becoming clear now...
Old 03-18-2020, 02:46 AM   #1645
davew

the market is like a bouncing ball, going down a hill
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-18-2020, 05:20 AM   #1646
lamboguy

Quote:

there will be a decent bounce around S+P 2000. the amount of that bounce will give us a pretty decent clue as to how much more this thing will fall. the one thing for sure is that we are at the end of the 40 year bull market in treasury bonds.
Old 03-18-2020, 05:35 AM   #1647
lamboguy

almost 4 years ago i thought the Trump was the perfect guy to preside over the worlds largest bankruptcy. he has had plenty of experience, now i suspect he is finally going to get his chance.
Old 03-18-2020, 10:19 AM   #1648
Ocala Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
almost 4 years ago i thought the Trump was the perfect guy to preside over the worlds largest bankruptcy. he has had plenty of experience, now i suspect he is finally going to get his chance.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-18-2020, 10:45 AM   #1649
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
this place was going bad before Trump got in, he just helped it get here faster. to give him some credit, he lowered the unemployment rate down to 3.5%. now it looks like that rate is going up to 35%.

as i said before, this place was going bad before he got in, he has just accelerated the process with a small chance of digging us out of our problems.
for a while, his ideas looked like they had some type of chance of working. at least he went to the plate swinging away.

with Trumps personal assets, he must be close to broke or worse by now.
Old 03-18-2020, 10:55 AM   #1650
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
With Trumps personal assets, he must be close to broke or worse by now.
Which is probably why his tone towards the problem has changed from it being "a hoax" , to it being a"National Emergency".

Not knocking the man for it. It's the way everybody reacts ," all is well until it affects me."

Last edited by jk3521; 03-18-2020 at 10:58 AM.
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: