Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 02-12-2016, 12:58 PM   #91
Canarsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
McGary has had some injury issues that got him shuffled out of the rotation. He had a back issue and then had a concussion. It isn't like he can't get time on the Nets, this is a very good team. But I was never saying they could get a good piece for him alone. I don't even know where that came from to be honest. But this is a guy that with regular playing time last year average 15 and 12 per 36 minutes. There is definitely some talent there.

Not sure why you post to me lately like I'm a dope or something, but whatever.
I would never consider you a dope because your opinions (non thunder) are highly regarded. It just seems every player OKC gets via draft or free agency is a spectacular move. They have a great core but after that the team is incredibly thin with reserves except for Kanter.

I brought up McGary and Novak (to be honest I looked up their stats) because they haven't played much at all. I brought up Prigioni for the Clips because I thought he deserved some playing time. On that one I was right but can also be dreadfully wrong.

Again I'm asking who is getting traded and what will they get in return? I think its fair to ask what you will get in return for these players.

Roberson
McGary
Morrow
Singler
Collison (a player I would be interested in as a gm)
Augustin
Payne
Novak

It would be very hard (imo) to even get a decent 6th player from that list. If you could post a potential team that would be interested in these players that
would be welcomed with enthusiasm.

Again my apologies if you think I'm insulting you. My replies never had that intention.
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-12-2016, 02:16 PM   #92
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I would never consider you a dope because your opinions (non thunder) are highly regarded. It just seems every player OKC gets via draft or free agency is a spectacular move. They have a great core but after that the team is incredibly thin with reserves except for Kanter.

I brought up McGary and Novak (to be honest I looked up their stats) because they haven't played much at all. I brought up Prigioni for the Clips because I thought he deserved some playing time. On that one I was right but can also be dreadfully wrong.

Again I'm asking who is getting traded and what will they get in return? I think its fair to ask what you will get in return for these players.

Roberson
McGary
Morrow
Singler
Collison (a player I would be interested in as a gm)
Augustin
Payne
Novak

It would be very hard (imo) to even get a decent 6th player from that list. If you could post a potential team that would be interested in these players that
would be welcomed with enthusiasm.

Again my apologies if you think I'm insulting you. My replies never had that intention.
I don't think they get anything for any of those guys.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2016, 12:12 PM   #93
Stillriledup
Veteran

Is there any proof this guy is an actual human being and not some robot created in a lab?
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2016, 07:35 PM   #94
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Is there any proof this guy is an actual human being and not some robot created in a lab?
watch the Kevin Hart video, he says the same thing
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2016, 08:20 PM   #95
Stillriledup
Veteran

Does anyone think that Klay Thompson being SO great at shooting a complete coincidence that he's a teammate of the greatest shooter ever?

What about the theory that Steph figured something out that he can verbally share with others to make them much better shooters.

Besides Klay, the Warriors also have others who seem to be 'automatic'.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:10 PM   #96
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Does anyone think that Klay Thompson being SO great at shooting a complete coincidence that he's a teammate of the greatest shooter ever?

What about the theory that Steph figured something out that he can verbally share with others to make them much better shooters.

Boy, you are really reaching on this one. You are suggesting that Steph Curry has made Klay Thompson into a great shooter? That is laughable. Klay was lights out at Washington State. In fact, he shot a higher 3 pt % in his last year of college than Curry .398 to .387, although Curry had a higher career %.

Clearly, Curry is lights out and is the best shooter in the game, but it was talent and hard work that made both of them great shooters. The talent came from their dads, both of whom played in the NBA.
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2016, 09:11 PM   #97
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66
Boy, you are really reaching on this one. You are suggesting that Steph Curry has made Klay Thompson into a great shooter? That is laughable. Klay was lights out at Washington State. In fact, he shot a higher 3 pt % in his last year of college than Curry .398 to .387, although Curry had a higher career %.

Clearly, Curry is lights out and is the best shooter in the game, but it was talent and hard work that made both of them great shooters. The talent came from their dads, both of whom played in the NBA.
You missed the point.
Old 02-29-2016, 11:54 PM   #98
Valuist

Quote:

I don't know if its that big of a stretch. Curry gets so much attention it has to open up things for Klay, and others like Draymond Green or Barnes. Thompson would certainly still be good, but getting more open looks AND getting pushed to be better by a teammate like Curry has no doubt helped improve Thompson's game.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2016, 10:36 AM   #99
tophatmert

GS must have the most uncontested jump shots in the history of the league. I do not mean that as a knock on anyone's shooting ability, they are great shooters. Curry seems to think uncontested from 30 is better than contested from 25. You can't run at these shooters they will dish and head elsewhere. It is like covering Cam Newton or Russell Wilson -get him but don't get him too fast.
tophatmert is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2016, 11:28 PM   #100
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:

Sorry, I guess I focused on the bold part as part of "the point." If he figured something out that he can verbally share with others to make them better shooters, wouldn't that be commonly referred to as "teaching." Did I really miss the point, or did you just fail to state your point clearly?
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2016, 12:29 AM   #101
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Sorry, I guess I focused on the bold part as part of "the point." If he figured something out that he can verbally share with others to make them better shooters, wouldn't that be commonly referred to as "teaching." Did I really miss the point, or did you just fail to state your point clearly?
It seems to me that somehow Currys greatness is rubbing off on the other guys, but how? Unless he's given out some shooting tips, unless you think that Klay is independently great of Steph? Anything is possible I'm just asking if there's something they have figured out that they have shared with each other.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:30 AM   #102
Valuist

Quote:
It seems to me that somehow Currys greatness is rubbing off on the other guys, but how? Unless he's given out some shooting tips, unless you think that Klay is independently great of Steph? Anything is possible I'm just asking if there's something they have figured out that they have shared with each other.
I think we saw the Curry effect last night. When he's playing, Klay clearly benefits from more open looks, as Curry draws the bulk of the attention. But last night, in a game in which Curry did not suit up, Klay wasn't getting the open looks, and really struggled, hitting only 8 of 27 from the field. He finished with 26 and hit a couple big shots late in the game, but he would admit he struggled for most of last night.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2016, 11:08 AM   #103
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
I think we saw the Curry effect last night. When he's playing, Klay clearly benefits from more open looks, as Curry draws the bulk of the attention. But last night, in a game in which Curry did not suit up, Klay wasn't getting the open looks, and really struggled, hitting only 8 of 27 from the field. He finished with 26 and hit a couple big shots late in the game, but he would admit he struggled for most of last night.
When a player like curry is out there's a lot more to it than just makes v's misses, klay has made plenty of contested shots in his career and he's an incredible shooter. It's completely possible that open looks vs guarded looks is all there is, I'll keep that in mind going forward.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: