Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:32 PM   #481
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
He comes across like he doesn't like media in general. Maybe there's more angst towards Smith, but I don't get the vibe he's a 'giving' athlete when it comes to being generous to the media.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14...ays-hate-media

He's not a fan of the media and the process. Doesn't make him a bad guy though, but it is what it is.
I think he is a smart guy and gets tired of media that doesn't really know the game, which is a lot of them. Of course he doesn't like media that generates their own stories either, who would? Remember the whole Westbrook / Durant "feud"? That was totally made up from the get go. Of course he grew tired of answering questions about a non-story.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2016, 04:17 PM   #482
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I think he is a smart guy and gets tired of media that doesn't really know the game, which is a lot of them. Of course he doesn't like media that generates their own stories either, who would? Remember the whole Westbrook / Durant "feud"? That was totally made up from the get go. Of course he grew tired of answering questions about a non-story.
The media is the intermediary of the fans, you don't have to 'know the game' to be a media member, you just have to try and ask what fans might ask if they had access. Fans want to hear what KD has to say and it's like pulling teeth to get anything out of him.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-06-2016, 09:01 AM   #483
Canarsie

Quote:
Seems like the entire media is PNG w KD, it's not like he dislikes SAS and likes everyone else.
Would you like it if ten people including me asked you about your stance on SW every day stating how wrong you are? How about if I challenged biggestsal from the beginning of any of his posts being wrong and posting that every day?
Don't tell me you wouldn't get tired of it quickly.

With so many people doing exactly what I described its amazing his game hasn't gone downhill it can get the best of you.
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-06-2016, 09:15 AM   #484
Canarsie

Quote:
The media is the intermediary of the fans, you don't have to 'know the game' to be a media member, you just have to try and ask what fans might ask if they had access. Fans want to hear what KD has to say and it's like pulling teeth to get anything out of him.
Well I would like to hear the true story of the Blake Griffin incident. You don't have to know the game, just try and ask what fans and others might ask.

As a fan I would also like to know why charges weren't filed against Griffin because if convicted at bare minimum he gets three years probation, a $5,000 fine or both.

Why hasn't the press asked these questions of did some higher up in the Clippers organization say they're out of bounds.
Old 02-06-2016, 01:14 PM   #485
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Would you like it if ten people including me asked you about your stance on SW every day stating how wrong you are? How about if I challenged biggestsal from the beginning of any of his posts being wrong and posting that every day?
Don't tell me you wouldn't get tired of it quickly.

With so many people doing exactly what I described its amazing his game hasn't gone downhill it can get the best of you.
Are you suggesting that KD is getting asked questions that others are not? Is he being unfairly picked on for redundant questions?
Old 02-06-2016, 01:16 PM   #486
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Well I would like to hear the true story of the Blake Griffin incident. You don't have to know the game, just try and ask what fans and others might ask.

As a fan I would also like to know why charges weren't filed against Griffin because if convicted at bare minimum he gets three years probation, a $5,000 fine or both.

Why hasn't the press asked these questions of did some higher up in the Clippers organization say they're out of bounds.
I'm sure when the nba releases the results of their investigation, info will come out and media can ask about it.
Old 02-06-2016, 01:27 PM   #487
Valuist

I think any talk of Durant going to Golden State is crazy. Curry only has one year left on his contact. The guy is a legend here in the Bay area. He's at $11.5 million this year and $12 million next year. They aren't going to let him walk. He will obviously get a max deal after that. Klay is at $15.5 million; Draymont Green at $14.2 million. Bogut is at $13.8 million and Iguodala at $11.7 million. Durant will obviously command a max deal. What is that, $20-25 million a year? I don't see how they could afford Durant.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-06-2016, 01:39 PM   #488
thaskalos

Quote:
The media is full of shit. They are not trying to mimic the fans...they are trying to convince the fans that they know what they are talking about...even when they haven't the foggiest clue about what they are asked to cover. I sometimes turn on the sports radio station when driving...and I shake my head at the mock-controversies that the media invents in order to find things to talk about. Reporting things is one thing...but INVENTING things is another.

I now LOVE it when I see an athlete act hostile towards the media. My highpoint last year was when local blabber-mouth Steve Silverman engaged an irate Jay Cutler in a post-game interview.

"Jay, my pet peeve is when the offense...", Silverman began...to which Cutler curtly interupted with, "Steve...I couldn't care less what your pet peeve is".

I thought it was great.

Last edited by thaskalos; 02-06-2016 at 01:53 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-06-2016, 01:42 PM   #489
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
I think any talk of Durant going to Golden State is crazy. Curry only has one year left on his contact. The guy is a legend here in the Bay area. He's at $11.5 million this year and $12 million next year. They aren't going to let him walk. He will obviously get a max deal after that. Klay is at $15.5 million; Draymont Green at $14.2 million. Bogut is at $13.8 million and Iguodala at $11.7 million. Durant will obviously command a max deal. What is that, $20-25 million a year? I don't see how they could afford Durant.
Gotta get rid of a lot of players and build around Steph and KD. I agree it's going to be tough to make the math work.

Clippers also would have 3 max guys if they traded Blake (and other assets) to OKC for KD. Lots of rumors out there.

Another factor would be the NBA approving KD to GS. They might not allow that, GS making mockery of the league as it is.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:43 PM   #490
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Another factor would be the NBA approving KD to GS. They might not allow that, GS making mockery of the league as it is.
Don't think the NBA has any power to block a free agent signing.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2016, 09:58 AM   #491
Canarsie

Quote:
Are you suggesting that KD is getting asked questions that others are not? Is he being unfairly picked on for redundant questions?
I think he gets asked about free agency more than CP did when dictator Stern voided the trade to the Lakers and subsequently went to the Clippers. I didn't see Carmello Anthony being asked about free agency like Durant. Throw Love into that equation also.

Is it being unfair? I don't think so but the press has to do a better job asking questions. A bunch of fans are more educated on the NBA then they are when it comes to knowledge. It's just a dumb question at this point of the season. Again how come the Clippers aren't answering questions about the incident. There is no doubt in my mind they will know more than the NBA will find out.

How would Ballmer feel if I asked him everyday if he overpaid for the Clippers? I would probably be asked to politely leave the arena asap.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:00 AM   #492
Canarsie

Quote:
I'm sure when the nba releases the results of their investigation, info will come out and media can ask about it.
According to your logic shouldn't Durant be afforded the same opportunity until free agency begins? Talk about being a homer.
Old 02-07-2016, 01:01 PM   #493
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
According to your logic shouldn't Durant be afforded the same opportunity until free agency begins? Talk about being a homer.
He should only be afforded the same opportunity as everyone else. If he doesn't want to be hounded, why not sign long term extension in OKC and profess love for his current city ?
Old 02-07-2016, 01:07 PM   #494
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
I think he gets asked about free agency more than CP did when dictator Stern voided the trade to the Lakers and subsequently went to the Clippers. I didn't see Carmello Anthony being asked about free agency like Durant. Throw Love into that equation also.

Is it being unfair? I don't think so but the press has to do a better job asking questions. A bunch of fans are more educated on the NBA then they are when it comes to knowledge. It's just a dumb question at this point of the season. Again how come the Clippers aren't answering questions about the incident. There is no doubt in my mind they will know more than the NBA will find out.

How would Ballmer feel if I asked him everyday if he overpaid for the Clippers? I would probably be asked to politely leave the arena asap.
Maybe they hound KD because they know he gets agitated. If KD didnt act as if he hates the media maybe they would leave him alone. Also, Stephen A Smith said during his Dur-RANT that he doesn't have to talk TO you to talk ABOUT you.

As far as the Clippers answering questions, the difference is that the Griffin thing might be a legal matter, as far as the Clippers not answering questions goes, you're still allowed to ask them as a journalist. KD has same opportunity to say 'no comment' when asked about his FA status.
Old 02-07-2016, 05:11 PM   #495
Stillriledup
Veteran

NBA talking about altering the hack a rules. I like it, change it up.

If I was in charge of the NBA I would also get rid of 'and 1s' if you make the bucket there's no common foul. Flagrant won't change, but common fouls waved off if ball goes in.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: