Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
Old 01-26-2016, 11:57 PM   #451
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManU918
I don't know what's going on behind the scenes but if I were that equipment manager I would be conducting a search right now for which law firm I was going to move forward with.
I'd bet he is being paid off not to press charges. Grown men usually don't get away with punching people inn the face.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2016, 12:16 AM   #452
ManU918

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I'd bet he is being paid off not to press charges. Grown men usually don't get away with punching people inn the face.
Deadspin posted iimages from the equipment managers Instagram page and it looks like these two are or were pretty tight. Maybe no lawsuit will come up but I'm sure the Clippers will suspend Griffin.
ManU918 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2016, 10:37 AM   #453
Canarsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Good point about Riles.

I think you can read a lot Into who is selecting these coaches, Lebron is SO big in the game that he's basically commissioner. Gilbert couldn't have gotten him back without promising to let Lebron make decisions on teammates and coaches. I wonder if Lebron wanted Kevin love because that seems kinda like they're not on the same page. Love is going to get traded I'm thinking, him being there just isn't working from a chemistry perspective.

When Lebron came to Cleveland he deliberately (imo) left off Wiggins name when talking about the Cavs.

Cavs' Andrew Wiggins not mentioned in LeBron James' announcement

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...s-announcement

To be fair here is an explanation from James even though I'm (along with countless others) sure this was handed over to a professional management team even if its for one sentence.

LeBron reveals why he left Wiggins out of his 'I'm coming home'

letter

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...ng-home-letter
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2016, 02:43 PM   #454
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Crazy theory time.

Domestic violence.

Think about it.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2016, 02:47 PM   #455
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Interesting pictures.

http://heavy.com/sports/2016/01/mati...fight-toronto/
Old 01-27-2016, 04:34 PM   #456
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Crazy theory time.

Domestic violence.

Think about it.
???

You think they are lovers?
Old 01-27-2016, 04:39 PM   #457
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
???

You think they are lovers?
Seemed there was some passion behind this, he followed the guy outside, it seems deeper than just two macho guys having an argument. Also, how does a guy like that infiltrate the NBA elite, some waterboy who has been with the team for a year is that close to star NBA guys? Makes no sense really. Also, the guy who got beat up is some kind of clothing designer? Strange.
Old 01-27-2016, 04:46 PM   #458
ronsmac

Quote:
Seemed there was some passion behind this, he followed the guy outside, it seems deeper than just two macho guys having an argument. Also, how does a guy like that infiltrate the NBA elite, some waterboy who has been with the team for a year is that close to star NBA guys? Makes no sense really. Also, the guy who got beat up is some kind of clothing designer? Strange.
I doubt they're lovers , though anything's possible. In the macho sports world they would be much more discreet if they were involved.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2016, 12:01 PM   #459
Canarsie

Quote:
No.

I wasn't a real nba fan until the last decade or so. I did watch MJ and his rivalries w the Knicks and some of those good battles Reggie Miller had w NYK but didn't really follow the sport day in and day out back then. I was more of a playoffs only fan, when they started I watched. The other 3 major sports I was into but not nba, that came later for me.

Good info!
Did you know that the NBA actually had a territorial draft?

Evolution of the Draft and Lottery

http://www.nba.com/history/draft_evolution.html
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2016, 03:12 PM   #460
Stillriledup
Veteran

[YT=""]g7b6bbigACA[/YT]

Lance Stephenson poster from the other night.
Old 02-02-2016, 03:30 AM   #461
Stillriledup
Veteran

If GS can't catch the 72 win record, they'll rest players and focus on playoffs. The only way they WON'T get the record is if the top teams beat them enough times. If you're the spurs, OKC or lac, you want these guys battling hard down to the final game of the season.

If they get the record, it will feel like a major accomplishment, human nature will kick in and by definition, you can't be as hungry for the title, even if it's by a little bit.

I sense some cockiness setting in, these guys think they're in invincible, that can't be an advantage.

Also, they'll accumulate pressure being the team that's 'supposed to' win. Less pressure on the opponents. If GS plays SA in the WCF and then CLE in the finals, I like the chances of SA or CLE going into the series as a decided underdog that nobody thinks can win.
Old 02-04-2016, 12:06 AM   #462
Valuist

OKC succumbs to the dreaded "Golden State in on deck circle" angle as Orlando comes away with a 114-117 cover as 11 1/2 point dog. Portland will be the next recipient of this angle, as they face off with Houston on Friday. Not that one needs another reason to bet against Houston....
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2016, 12:56 AM   #463
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
OKC succumbs to the dreaded "Golden State in on deck circle" angle as Orlando comes away with a 114-117 cover as 11 1/2 point dog. Portland will be the next recipient of this angle, as they face off with Houston on Friday. Not that one needs another reason to bet against Houston....
These teams are now a miserable 16-33 ATS in the game before they play the Warriors. That's more than players looking ahead. That's coaches changing their rotations so they can try to not be embarrassed on Sportscenter when they show the Warriors highlights.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2016, 04:56 AM   #464
ManU918

Durant could potentially be playing against his future team on Saturday.
ManU918 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2016, 09:30 AM   #465
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManU918
Durant could potentially be playing against his future team on Saturday.
Any team could possibly be his future team. All this talk now is just made up by the media. KD isn't talking to anyone about his future beyond June.