Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-23-2017, 09:33 AM   #1
Jess Hawsen Arown

Invitation Withdrawn!

Steph Curry won't go to The White House despite the invite of the Golden State Warriors for their championship win. He said it was to show unity. (i.e., unity with the other hate-America liberals).

So President Trump withdrew the invitation for the entire team.

Yet another move by President Trump that is not politically correct, but Americans applaud wholeheartedly.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2017, 09:50 AM   #2
lamboguy

i like that move. you have to give Trump some credit, he knows how to work things to his advantage.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2017, 10:13 AM   #3
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Funny thing is there was never an invitation to begin with.

The big baby was trying to save face to his disciples. Curry and Durant already talked about not going. Trump's fragile ego was hurt so he tried to play it off like he wasn't going to allow the team anyway.

Those pesky facts.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2017, 10:44 AM   #4
upthecreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post

The big baby was trying to save face to his disciples. Curry and Durant already talked about not going. Trump's fragile ego was hurt so he tried to play it off like he wasn't going to allow the team anyway.

Those pesky facts.
Yea like the ones you leave out:

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/t...-golden-state/

They were to meet to decide on it
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2017, 10:48 AM   #5
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post

Those pesky facts.
Those are facts? I guess the rest of the world has to redefine what we interpret as facts since your IQ is so high. Ok, people, we have been wrong.

What happened to your other two laughing emojis. I'll bet you tried so hard to post without any, but you have so little faith that anyone would pay attention to your words, you closed your eyes and hit the laughing emoji button. If you close your eyes, it doesn't count.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:49 AM   #6
classhandicapper

I would consider this significant if I thought any of these athletes had a firm grasp of reality instead of the nonsense they are hearing and reading in the media.

Who cares if another bunch of misinformed idiots doesn't want to go to Washington?
Old 09-23-2017, 10:53 AM   #7
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreek View Post
Yea like the ones you leave out:

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/t...-golden-state/

They were to meet to decide on it
They were going to meet to decide IF an invitation was given, would they go. There has been no invitation.

Fact
Old 09-23-2017, 10:54 AM   #8
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I would consider this significant if I thought any of these athletes had a firm grasp of reality instead of the nonsense they are hearing and reading in the media.

Who cares if another bunch of misinformed idiots doesn't want to go to Washington?
What I'd hope is for a backlash among their fans. They do understand what hits their wallets. Which interestingly isn't what they're opening in their stand. Why don't they do something meaningful like give to charities or start their own charity that supports what they believe is a need. Taking a knee is easy and cheap.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2017, 10:54 AM   #9
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown View Post
Those are facts? I guess the rest of the world has to redefine what we interpret as facts since your IQ is so high. Ok, people, we have been wrong.

What happened to your other two laughing emojis. I'll bet you tried so hard to post without any, but you have so little faith that anyone would pay attention to your words, you closed your eyes and hit the laughing emoji button. If you close your eyes, it doesn't count.
Yeah....I know it might seem crazy to you, but everything Trump tweets out isn't a fact.

The rest is just more of your bruised ego nonsense.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:58 AM   #10
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Kevin Durant who has already said he wouldn't go IF invited is incredibly generous and has his own charitable foundation. CJ could probably speak more on that.

Steph Curry is very active as well.

Facts
Old 09-23-2017, 11:04 AM   #11
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
What I'd hope is for a backlash among their fans. They do understand what hits their wallets. Which interestingly isn't what they're opening in their stand. Why don't they do something meaningful like give to charities or start their own charity that supports what they believe is a need. Taking a knee is easy and cheap.
Since the Warriors play in the San Francisco Bay Area, many,if not most ,of their fans would be upset if they did go to the White House to meet Trump.The 49er's best selling jersey is Colin Kapernick.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)

Last edited by barahona44; 09-23-2017 at 11:07 AM.
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2017, 11:16 AM   #12
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown View Post
Steph Curry won't go to The White House despite the invite of the Golden State Warriors for their championship win. He said it was to show unity. (i.e., unity with the other hate-America liberals).

So President Trump withdrew the invitation for the entire team.

Yet another move by President Trump that is not politically correct, but Americans applaud wholeheartedly.
It is just another example of our president doing stupid things. Americans do not really care that much one way or another whether athletes go to the White House. It is funny to see that he withdrew an invitation that was never extended in the first place and people like you throwing high fives as though the president really showed them who is boss.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:20 AM   #13
BaffertsWig

So a bunch of millionaires don't want to meet president Dotard, why is this news?
BaffertsWig is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2017, 11:23 AM   #14
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
It is just another example of our president doing stupid things. Americans do not really care that much one way or another whether athletes go to the White House. It is funny to see that he withdrew an invitation that was never extended in the first place and people like you throwing high fives as though the president really showed them who is boss.
So they were talking with the White House about a visit to the White House that didn't exist? They were going to vote on whether to accept an invitation that didn't exist? All you had to do was read what was posted to know what you posted isn't right.

People don't care if athletes go to the White House, but they do care when they play politics. If your job is to entertain, then it's not smart to piss off 50% of the audience.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2017, 11:54 AM   #15
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
People don't care if athletes go to the White House, but they do care when they play politics. If your job is to entertain, then it's not smart to piss off 50% of the audience.

Which is exactly what JFK told Jerry Lewis (included entertainers), per Jerry Lewis in his documentary, Method To The Madness of Jerry Lewis.

Another reason for today's liberals to loathe the self-defined liberal -- John Fitzgerald Kennedy. Back in the day, liberals were also Americans. Most of those liberals actually hated Communism.