Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 04:34 PM   #1
DrugSalvastore
I Love DrugS <3 <3 <3 <3

Is it True?

i am a dork
Old 12-07-2006, 05:00 PM   #2
Valuist

Was that the name of the horse who the drunk fan tried to punch on Preakness day a few years back? Or was it Yes its True?
Old 12-07-2006, 05:06 PM   #3
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
Was that the name of the horse who the drunk fan tried to punch on Preakness day a few years back? Or was it Yes its True?
Artax
Old 12-07-2006, 05:07 PM   #4
Murph
Public Handicapper

Quote:
HEHE - That was Artax in the Pim Special that year if I recall correctly. He came onto the track from the infield and stood directly in Artax' path as they came hard down the stretch.

Murph
Old 12-07-2006, 05:14 PM   #5
Tee

Yes It's True won the race - the Maryland BC Handicap.

As to DrugS being a dork, that I don't quite know.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:31 PM   #6
Overlay

Is It True won the 1988 Breeders' Cup Juvenile.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:53 PM   #7
rrpic6

The Baltimore Sun had a great picture on their front page the next day. I know I kept it for a momento. Crazy ruling by the Stewards, as they called Artax a non-starter. He had little chance to even hit the board when the incident happened. He was the favorite, I bet Yes Its True to win, it became the favorite, I got screwed on the win money. My buddy singles Artax in a pick 3 and hits because of that dude. My buddy and myself got more than our money's worth, as we were standing by the Pimlico Security Office after they caught the guy. Looked like Du Koo Kim. (Boxing fans of Ray (Boom Boom) Mancini will know what I'm talking about).
Old 12-07-2006, 06:04 PM   #8
bigmack

Given we don't know the direction DrugS is going, I trust it's Highjack City:

Lee Ferrell, who stood on the track during a race at Pimlico Saturday, was charged with assaulting a jockey on Monday.

Ferrell of Bel Air also was charged with trespassing, reckless endangerment, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and alcohol-related offenses, according to a police report released Monday.

The 22-year-old man punched jockey Jorge Chavez at Pimlico Race Course on Saturday, an assault that has been shown repeatedly on television.

Ferrell was taken to Baltimore's central booking facility, said Barbara Cooper, a spokeswoman for the Division of Pretrial Detention and Services. He was released Sunday after posting $2,500 bond.

Police spokeswoman Angelique Cook-Hayes said Ferrell was first taken to Sinai Hospital for a psychiatric review, but was released Saturday night. Hospital spokeswoman Amy Mickolite refused to comment on whether Ferrell had been at the facility, citing hospital policy.

"We don't know why he did it," Cook-Hayes said.

The bizarre episode occurred several hundred yards from the finish line during the seventh race, about 2 1/2 hours before the Preakness.

Ferrell made his way to the track from the infield and crossed a fence separating the fans from the turf course. He then staggered to the inside rail, which he pounded with his fist before ducking under it, and walked onto the main track.

As the horses approached, he stood with his fists clenched and arms upraised. As the horses charged by on both sides, Ferrell could be seen in replays trying to punch two horses.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:33 PM   #9
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrpic6
The Baltimore Sun had a great picture on their front page the next day. I know I kept it for a momento. Crazy ruling by the Stewards, as they called Artax a non-starter. He had little chance to even hit the board when the incident happened. He was the favorite, I bet Yes Its True to win, it became the favorite, I got screwed on the win money. My buddy singles Artax in a pick 3 and hits because of that dude. My buddy and myself got more than our money's worth, as we were standing by the Pimlico Security Office after they caught the guy. Looked like Du Koo Kim. (Boxing fans of Ray (Boom Boom) Mancini will know what I'm talking about).
Would that be before or after Mancini killed him in the ring?
Old 12-07-2006, 10:43 PM   #10
bigmack

Quote:
Would that be before or after Mancini killed him in the ring?
What an odd aftermath: The bout's referee, Richard Greene, committed suicide in February of 1983, and so did Kim's mother, four months later.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:37 PM   #11
Bruddah
Veteran

I saw the the fight with Mancini and Kim.

Never before or since have I seen a boxing match, where both fighters' punches landed with such ferocity and strength. When watching, you kept asking yourself, "how much more can either fighter take". Both fighters' punches were vibratingly solid. Somehow, all knew, it would end with one of the fighters seriously hurt.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:44 PM   #12
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I applaud those who tried in earnest to get this thread on a horse racing track.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:32 AM   #13
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

PS. This thread was started by a "friend" of DrugS as a test thread, because DrugS' PC was giving him trouble whenever he went to type in a reply. He wanted to see if his "friend" would encounter the same trouble....alas, his "friend" did not, as we have all seen....

What a whacky evolution this thread has endured....
Old 12-08-2006, 03:39 AM   #14
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
What a whacky evolution this thread has endured....
Endured was a sub-par foal out of Exclusive Native not to be confused with the five H's named Endure of which the most notable was the US bred sired of Damascus with its dam being Kleptomaniac.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:59 AM   #15
BIG RED
Son O'War

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
What an odd aftermath: The bout's referee, Richard Greene, committed suicide in February of 1983, and so did Kim's mother, four months later.
I think BoomBoom had accidently broken his neck after? Maybe a cloud was above the ring that night