Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 2.00 average.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:07 PM   #1
Stillriledup
Veteran

Is Tom Brady overrated?

Forgetting all the cheating allegations against him and his team, would he still be viewed in the same light if he didnt play for the games greatest coach and owner combo, play in a soft division for a decade? He didn't have to play the Steelers twice per year, didnt have to play Ray Lewis and his boys twice a year, ended up playing weak sisters of the poor twice a year which let them get championship games at home.

Manning gets put behind Brady because of rings and payoff wins, but if Manning was the qb in New England for the last ten years, he would have done just as well as Brady if not better. Manning played under morons Dungy and Caldwell, why isn't any of this a factor when talking about legacy?
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2015, 06:13 PM   #2
thaskalos

If Brady is overrated...then EVERYBODY is overrated.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:16 PM   #3
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
If Brady is overrated...then EVERYBODY is overrated.
My point is that when discussing Brady, nobody brings up his cupcake schedule and playing for a coach who's 10x better than everyone else.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:22 PM   #4
newtothegame

Still,
I don't think we can control the circumstances on which we play. You mention a cupcake schedule for Brady.....
The AFC SOUTH isn't a barn full of contenders (I mean Houston, Jacksonville, tennesse etc etc ) aren't exactly the elite of the NFL.
I would suggest that Brady has done more with less (especially considering draft position).
Manning was supposed to be this good and ranked highly. Brady was a nobody essentially.
Right now, Brandon Lafell might be the best receiver the Pats have and still only TWO losses???? Come on, Brady deserves all of the accolades and then some (even though Rodgers is better) lmao
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2015, 06:23 PM   #5
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
My point is that when discussing Brady, nobody brings up his cupcake schedule and playing for a coach who's 10x better than everyone else.
Is Belichick REALLY that much better as a coach than everybody else?

What was his record when he coached the Cleveland Browns for 5 years?
Old 12-07-2015, 06:30 PM   #6
Rookies
Canadian since 51

SRU:

Crack is a terrible choice before you post here!

Honest to God, as a Bills fan, THAT is the most ridiculous comment I've seen here, on the Sports Topic- ever!

Let me get away from all his known great plays, Playoff records, 4th Quarter comebacks, Super Bowl appearances and value, etc.

Do you know what Brady's value is on 3rd/4th & 1? He gets the Cheatriots a first down NINETY-SIX % of the time!

96 on over 100 attempts. The NFL average is at least 15-20% off that.

That guy does virtually everything better than anyone else.

Last edited by Rookies; 12-07-2015 at 06:31 PM.
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2015, 06:30 PM   #7
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Is Belichick REALLY that much better as a coach than everybody else?

What was his record when he coached the Cleveland Browns for 5 years?
He got better as he got older?
Old 12-07-2015, 06:35 PM   #8
thaskalos

Quote:
He got better as he got older?
Then...how come I get WORSE as I get older?
Old 12-07-2015, 06:37 PM   #9
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Then...how come I get WORSE as I get older?
You're an outlier?
Old 12-07-2015, 06:39 PM   #10
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookies
SRU:

Crack is a terrible choice before you post here!

Honest to God, as a Bills fan, THAT is the most ridiculous comment I've seen here, on the Sports Topic- ever!

Let me get away from all his known great plays, Playoff records, 4th Quarter comebacks, Super Bowl appearances and value, etc.

Do you know what Brady's value is on 3rd/4th & 1? He gets the Cheatriots a first down NINETY-SIX % of the time!

96 on over 100 attempts. The NFL average is at least 15-20% off that.

That guy does virtually everything better than anyone else.
Say no to crack love it!!

I'm not saying Brady isn't exceptionally good, I'm just saying that nobody seems to mention cupcake schedules that permitted him to get bye weeks and home playoff games as well as the genius as his coach.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:40 PM   #11
thaskalos

Quote:
You're an outlier?
Yeah...lucky me.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:40 PM   #12
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:

I'm not saying Brady isn't exceptionally good, I'm just saying that nobody seems to mention cupcake schedules that permitted him to get bye weeks and home playoff games as well as the genius as his coach.
You can't be serious on this one. Nice try.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2015, 06:47 PM   #13
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
You can't be serious on this one. Nice try.
A player is either underrated, overrated or properly rated. The guy has been put in the best possible situation to win, he's never had a clown for a coach and he's rarely had to win 2 or 3 road games to GET to the Super Bowl. Great player, but I'm thinking a bit overrated. Sorry Mike.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:49 PM   #14
proximity

Quote:
Forgetting all the cheating allegations against him and his team, would he still be viewed in the same light if he didnt play for the games greatest coach and owner combo, play in a soft division for a decade? He didn't have to play the Steelers twice per year, didnt have to play Ray Lewis and his boys twice a year, ended up playing weak sisters of the poor twice a year which let them get championship games at home.

Manning gets put behind Brady because of rings and payoff wins, but if Manning was the qb in New England for the last ten years, he would have done just as well as Brady if not better. Manning played under morons Dungy and Caldwell, why isn't any of this a factor when talking about legacy?
(1) tom brady IS a great player. but....

(2) manning gets put behind brady? uhhhh???? would brady have led the colts and broncos to as many wins? probably NOT.

(3) tony dungy is FAR from a moron. possibly the dumbest thing you've ever posted here.

(4) caldwell may not be a good head coach but he isn't a moron either.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2015, 06:54 PM   #15
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:

Here's the way the kooky NFL system works. If you pile up the Ws, from Labour Day- New Year's, you get to sit on your arse at Home awaiting the worst survivor. They have this whacky system in place every year and I guess, it's by mere chance that Brady, with his constantly changing Offensive parts, has been home waaaaay more often than not! The system is designed, that in addition to the AFC-E, when New England finishes first, they must play the #1 teams of all the remaining Division opponents. No, they don't play the best teams in the entire NFL, but my guess is that nobody EVER does!

In ANY honest survey of the greatest QBs in NFL history, the vast majority rate Brady in the top two- neck and neck with Joe.

I wish he wasn't that good, but FFS- he is.
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: