Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 12-09-2019, 02:39 PM   #46
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey View Post
Interesting that Nitro posts such gory detail before and after the race, but never an actual bet structure or ticket. How hard is that ? He seems to be good at cut & paste.

Maybe we know why
Maybe you know NOTHING at all! In fact, perhaps the only thing you know how to do is troll along with your repulsive and irrelevant comments in attempts to antagonize others.

Have you ever made an actual written positive contribution to this site.
Have you ever offered to even share a selection of your own?

My god man how hard is it to recognize a 3-entry Dutch Win bet? After all of the information I’ve posted about structuring Exotic bets and you still don’t get it! Maybe I should take my selections and bet them for you.

You strike me as the epitome of an envious long time looser.
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2019, 03:02 PM   #47
castaway01

If I could only bet on Nitro derailing another thread with his hot garbage posts, I wouldn't have to worry about the early money or the late money. It's as certain as the sun rising in the morning. I'd place my bet on "yes" and just have that cartoon bag with a dollar sign on the side brought to my house every day.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2019, 04:04 PM   #48
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
If I could only bet on Nitro derailing another thread with his hot garbage posts, I wouldn't have to worry about the early money or the late money. It's as certain as the sun rising in the morning. I'd place my bet on "yes" and just have that cartoon bag with a dollar sign on the side brought to my house every day.
“Derailing”? You’ve got some pair buddy! Perhaps you ought to read (or try to comprehend) the entire thread!

I can’t help it if other’s pose unrelated questions. I realize that it might be difficult for you to recognize, but very often one man’s garbage may be another man’s gold.

BTW we’re not interested in your superfluous betting tendencies. But while you’re at it - instead of commenting about my posts why not stay on topic yourself.
Old 12-09-2019, 04:37 PM   #49
jay68802

I for one find what Nitro has to say educating. Nitro and I have what might be described as contradicting styles of handicapping. And reading opposing views is what this forum is about. I am always trying to learn and incorporate new things.

The late money can be very telling, it can also be confusing. I found that the late money seems come for three different reasons. Meaning that the reason it is bet, has three different causes.

1 is to correct the market. theses horses are pretty easy to find cause they usually have a speed figure in one of there last three starts that figure in the race.

The second is the confusing one and is probably inside money. The only way to figure this out is to guess, and that is not a way I want to handicap a race.

The third is probably more back up money on the pick em bets. covering a couple possibilitys just in case.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2019, 07:45 AM   #50
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
I for one find what Nitro has to say educating. Nitro and I have what might be described as contradicting styles of handicapping. And reading opposing views is what this forum is about. I am always trying to learn and incorporate new things.

The late money can be very telling, it can also be confusing. I found that the late money seems come for three different reasons. Meaning that the reason it is bet, has three different causes.

1 is to correct the market. theses horses are pretty easy to find cause they usually have a speed figure in one of there last three starts that figure in the race.

The second is the confusing one and is probably inside money. The only way to figure this out is to guess, and that is not a way I want to handicap a race.

The third is probably more back up money on the pick em bets. covering a couple possibilitys just in case.
Agree on all points, but I might add one category. What about the dumb money? It's often the category that I fall into. Late money in my case is difficult to gage and have time to react in order to make a late bet. When late money puts me into a quandary, do I get onboard and cancel my other bets? Or just include it my exactas, if I already haven't?

I can't speak for Nitro, but 2 to 3MTP is about as late as I can logically make a change to my betting strategy and get it done. It always gives me a feeling unrest when it counters my previous plan. While I hate to see odds drop on horses already bet, it does reinforce my bets if I see the late money stream in on my picks. I started trying to react to late money, back when we still had somewhat long lines at the ticket counters, while watching the monitors overhead, making changes as I got closer to the teller, and then just walking away when I finally arrived. That convinced me to just go with my earlier picks; which gave me peace of mind.
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2019, 11:45 AM   #51
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
how is it even possible when all the late money doesnt even hit till 2nd flash or so 30 sec to a min into the race?
\

Up on the roof, in the TV studio, big racks of decoders are all humming away only to stop their lights flashing when ZERO activity is going through them. This is data coming in from other courses on the local races.

I never, once, ever saw then turn off as the race started...How can you glean information locally, that is behind the race running?

Can't be done.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:00 PM   #52
ultracapper

You guys are aware that Nitro has posted enough plays over the years to lend credence to his claims? Right?

Seriously, as hard a time as he's been given by many, including myself, he has shown that what he's doing is legitimate.

It's not my "style of play", but I have to admit when I see something working.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2019, 01:36 PM   #53
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
\

Up on the roof, in the TV studio, big racks of decoders are all humming away only to stop their lights flashing when ZERO activity is going through them. This is data coming in from other courses on the local races.

I never, once, ever saw then turn off as the race started...How can you glean information locally, that is behind the race running?

Can't be done.
I sometimes read these posts out loud with a mental picture of the poster, or in this case, to the tune of Up on the Rooftop.

Up on the rooftop, horsies prance,
Racks of decoders humming askance.

Lights a-flashin until they stop,
Data down to Zero, plop, plop, plop.

Ho-ho-ho, who wouldn’t go,
Ho-ho-ho, who wouldn’t go.

Up on the rooftop, horses round da track,
Bets R’ all in, ya’ ain’t gettin it back.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:56 PM   #54
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper View Post
You guys are aware that Nitro has posted enough plays over the years to lend credence to his claims? Right?

Seriously, as hard a time as he's been given by many, including myself, he has shown that what he's doing is legitimate.

It's not my "style of play", but I have to admit when I see something working.

Can't really tell. Only way to tell if there's anything REALLY there is to see actual bet structure before the race.

How hard is that ?

He doesn't have to post it in time for anyone else to bet, just before the gates open.

He obviously has plenty of time, as he posts recaps after the races . ALL OF THAT!!!

How hard is that ?

This would prove his prowess. Or not . If he refuses to do it, then there must be a reason.

Your move

Last edited by AltonKelsey; 12-10-2019 at 02:59 PM.
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2019, 05:24 PM   #55
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post

I agree to a point.

If you are an at home player like many of us are on here, having a computer program like Nitro has gauging late money odds can be very helpful. And I agree with a lot of what his thoughts are on the subject. However, there has to come a cutoff point be it 1 or 2 'legitimate' MTPs before you have to take the information at hand and make your wagers or risk being shut out. Keying in Dutch Win bets and multiple Tri/Super bets isn't easy to crank out in a minute, but I'm sure most of us have mastered the craft of quick-fire wagering on-line.

However, wagering $2Tri and $2Super wagers like it is nobodies business becomes very expensive. Whether you are boxing 5 to 7 horses or keying 2 horses over 4 to 5 others, the Tri and Super bets alone reach up to $1k per race.., or <gasp> even more. Unless you are a serious whale or a conglomerate, you simply aren't making those wagers race in and race out on ANY card much less then posting them on PA.

I don't have a problem with the theory, and why to play it.

I do have a problem with the claims of massive winning wagers in $2 exotic denominations without betting slips as proof of said wagers and a ledger to show profit/loss. I also don't see any reason why to call out "your" method as the one and only real method to win and that the rest are simply a bunch of mindless chumps. While that may not be what Nitro is saying, it sure does come off that way a lot of the time.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2019, 05:45 PM   #56
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
I agree to a point.

If you are an at home player like many of us are on here, having a computer program like Nitro has gauging late money odds can be very helpful. And I agree with a lot of what his thoughts are on the subject. However, there has to come a cutoff point be it 1 or 2 'legitimate' MTPs before you have to take the information at hand and make your wagers or risk being shut out. Keying in Dutch Win bets and multiple Tri/Super bets isn't easy to crank out in a minute, but I'm sure most of us have mastered the craft of quick-fire wagering on-line.

However, wagering $2Tri and $2Super wagers like it is nobodies business becomes very expensive. Whether you are boxing 5 to 7 horses or keying 2 horses over 4 to 5 others, the Tri and Super bets alone reach up to $1k per race.., or <gasp> even more. Unless you are a serious whale or a conglomerate, you simply aren't making those wagers race in and race out on ANY card much less then posting them on PA.

I do have a problem with the claims of massive winning wagers in $2 exotic denominations without betting slips as proof of said wagers and a ledger to show profit/loss. I also don't see any reason why to call out "your" method as the one and only real method to win and that the rest are simply a bunch of mindless chumps. While that may not be what Nitro is saying, it sure does come off that way a lot of the time.
Didn't the last person who was always posting pics of her winners get banned? LOL. As to posting all your bets for your picks, try doing that for several races, making a decision on your bets, getting them in, and then typing how you structured all your bets on PA at 1 Mtp. If you handicap a stakes race using whatever method , there's a lot more time to show how you "might" structure bets.
Old 12-12-2019, 01:31 AM   #57
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
I agree to a point.

Good post
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2019, 12:35 PM   #58
Nitro

I’m getting the impression that my methodology is too rich for the blood of some of members here.
I guess I didn’t realize that there were so many $2 bettors.
I personally haven’t been at that level since 1974.

So regarding HK racing, I recently posted my recommendations for betting structures of various bets that could be made using the selections I post. (Something I've posted many times over the years) I'm assuming it hasn't been seen or read by those making idiotic complaints is because they don't play HK anyway!

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/n...eply&p=2543325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
For those of you that have the resources to bet more than $2 per race you might want to consider the following in terms of betting:
1) Win Dutching 3 entries means betting each of the 3 entries so that no matter which one wins the return is the same. (Recommend waiting until 4 mins to post for final odds calculations).

2) For Quinellas there are many options:
a) Using all 3 of the top Keys with all the others = 12 bets
b) Boxing all 6 selections = 15 bets

3) Triples there also many options:
a) Using any Key in the top position w/All others = 20 bets
b) Using all 3 Keys in the top position w/All others = 60 bets
c) Using Top 4 selections in the top position w/All others = 80 bets
d) Boxing all 6 selections = 120 bets
(Warning: The odds of the selected entries @ 7 mins to post should determine playability by comparing the combined value of each group of 3 that may complete the triple with the amount to be bet).
Sorry if you don’t have the capital to take advantage, but as the saying goes, “Its TAKES money to MAKE money”.

BTW I don’t have the time to go beyond finalizing my selections, make a bet, and post any updates on PA by 4 mins to post.

Let me know if you can find anyone who posts:
1) Their preliminary selections (well before post time)
2) Updates those selections (in real time), and
3) Then posts a betting structure as to how to make the best play. (You’ve got to be kidding!!!!).

As far as I’m concerned, anyone who needs item #3 to be handed out for them shouldn’t be playing. Period!
Or at best be paying a handsome fee for that type of service.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:22 PM   #59
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post

This is the guy that comes to my house
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2019, 05:47 PM   #60
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
I’m getting the impression that my methodology is too rich for the blood of some of members here.
I guess I didn’t realize that there were so many $2 bettors.
I personally haven’t been at that level since 1974.
Don't your knuckles hurt when you pound your chest so long?