Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-26-2020, 03:26 PM   #4006
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Proving once again that God's thoughts are not man's and His ways are not man's.

P.S. As explained at length in the past, the Amalekites didn't play nice with the Hebrews when they were in the Wilderness. God was just avenging the great wrong those wicked, pagan people did to his chosen people.
So your high-falutin deity sought revenge on some of his own creation? Is that like a tempestuous spoiled 5 year old child knocking over his blocks because they wouldn't stay balanced in the shoddy, shaky piled he built?

And why did your immature ass-hiolean deity order the death of the children and farm animals of the misbehaving tribe he himself screwed up creating, (sloppy job )?......who attacked the Israelite who he also created, but according to you did not practice Judaism as true literal-minded biblical 16th century John Calvin or Martin Luther aficionados?

Why didn't your god foresee the rumble in the desert? Or why couldn't your deity create a peace pipe and order both sides to inhale deeply rather than practice infanticide ????

And you recommend "hermeneutics".?

"Herman" was no sage, and looks like maybe a failed writer of comic books.

Last edited by hcap; 03-26-2020 at 03:30 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2020, 03:26 PM   #4007
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
No, and for god reason. All of that is shallow beyond belief. Any interpretation that takes this as real, is sheer lunacy.

1 Samuel 15:3...

Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’ ”

Why would your pathetic deity "utterly destroy"......nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’ ” LITERALLY?

Bunky? Are you serious?
It might interest you to know that there are Jews who believe that the Palestinians are the descendants of the Amalekites and according to biblical edict, should be eradicated. Their spiritual leader was/is Meir Kahane. Many fundamentalist Christians support their claims.
Old 03-26-2020, 03:37 PM   #4008
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
It might interest you to know that there are Jews who believe that the Palestinians are the descendants of the Amalekites and according to biblical edict, should be eradicated. Their spiritual leader was/is Meir Kahane. Many fundamentalist Christians support their claims.
You agree boxcar's god was justified in doing a whole bunch of eradicating. People, children, infants and farm animals

He keep telling us that over and over again in gory detail.
Is all that murdering also a biblical edict?

Did Herman interpret it?

I grew up among literal minded Jews.

Frankly I don't give a shit what they think
Turn any fanatic inside out and all Christian, Jew and Muslim are all the same

Last edited by hcap; 03-26-2020 at 03:43 PM.
Old 03-26-2020, 03:37 PM   #4009
boxcar

Quote:
So your high-falutin deity sought revenge on some of his own creation? Is that like a tempestuous spoiled 5 year old child knocking over his blocks because they wouldn't stay balanced in the shoddy, shaky piled he built?

And why did your immature ass-hiolean deity order the death of the children and farm animals of the misbehaving tribe he himself screwed up creating, (sloppy job )?......who attacked the Israelite who he also created, but according to you did not practice Judaism as true literal-minded biblical 16th century John Calvin or Martin Luther aficionados?

Why didn't your god foresee the rumble in the desert? Or why couldn't your deity create a peace pipe and order both sides to inhale deeply rather than practice infanticide ????

And you recommend "hermeneutics".?

"Herman" was no sage, and looks like maybe a failed writer of comic books.
He avenged a great wrong perpetrated upon his beloved chosen people by a wicked people. It's called JUSTICE!! In fact, it's called Divine Justice!

And how did God screw up his creation? By giving mankind free will -- the ability to choose?

Tell us, please, how much you personally HATE your ability to make free choices. (But be careful here 'cause you're going to have a very time lying to us; for it's very obvious to me that you dearly love choosing to blaspheme your Creator and Judge!)

And after you do that, tell us what you think God should have done: programmed us to be mind-numbed robots, perhaps?
Old 03-26-2020, 03:40 PM   #4010
boxcar

Quote:
You think your spoiled god was justified in doing a whole bunch of eradicating. People, children, infants and farm animals

You keep telling us over and over again in gory detail.
Is all that murdering also a biblical edict?

Did Herman interpret it?
Just wait until the Righteous Judge of All gets around to "eradicating" you. Just think: You'll have all eternity to whine about it and improve your whining skills.
Old 03-26-2020, 03:52 PM   #4011
hcap

Quote:
He avenged a great wrong perpetrated upon his beloved chosen people by a wicked people. It's called JUSTICE!! In fact, it's called Divine Justice!

And how did God screw up his creation? By giving mankind free will -- the ability to choose?

Tell us, please, how much you personally HATE your ability to make free choices. (But be careful here 'cause you're going to have a very time lying to us; for it's very obvious to me that you dearly love choosing to blaspheme your Creator and Judge!)

And after you do that, tell us what you think God should have done: programmed us to be mind-numbed robots, perhaps?
I guess all I can say your spoiled god made humans, and if he made "free wil, why did it turn out that ways it did? Ultimately your god is responsible for their choices. Not a devil who he also is responsible for. He made human impulses behind "free will", pretty inhuman and gory. Why?

If your god is Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent, your god broke it, and ultimately he must be Omni-resposible

Last edited by hcap; 03-26-2020 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-26-2020, 04:01 PM   #4012
boxcar

Quote:
I guess all I can say your spoiled god made humans and is ultimately responsible for their choices. Why did he make "free will" so inhuman and gory"

If your god is Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent, your god broke it, and ultimately he must be Omni-resposible
Are you ultimately responsible for anyone else's choices but your own?

And how can a humans truly be free if we don't truly have the ability to freely make choices?

Finally, do you consider yourself to be "so inhuman and gory"?
Old 03-26-2020, 04:07 PM   #4013
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Did a pretty good robot job on you.
Old 03-26-2020, 04:33 PM   #4014
boxcar

Quote:
Did a pretty good robot job on you.
Answer my questions.
Old 03-26-2020, 04:43 PM   #4015
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
And how can a humans truly be free if we don't truly have the ability to freely make choices?
We aren't and we don't.
Old 03-26-2020, 04:44 PM   #4016
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Answer my questions.
Which ones?
Old 03-26-2020, 04:50 PM   #4017
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Wow! Aren't you an Almost Paragon of wisdom?
I should have put quotes around it. The original statement is from Walter Benjamin.
Old 03-26-2020, 04:54 PM   #4018
hcap

Quote:
Answer my questions.
Why? You have been ducking mine about your child and infant murdering god and how allegorical, metaphorical interpretations avoid your literal monstrous atrocities committed by your absurd spoiled brat of a deity.

Also I posted chapter and verse of your mentor Norman Geisler refuting you. With his allegories and metaphors. 2 times I posted.

How come no rebuttal?
Old 03-26-2020, 05:14 PM   #4019
boxcar

Quote:
Why? You have been ducking mine about your child and infant murdering god and how allegorical, metaphorical interpretations avoid your literal monstrous atrocities committed by your absurd spoiled brat of a deity.

Also I posted chapter and verse of your mentor Norman Geisler refuting you. With his allegories and metaphors. 2 times I posted.

How come no rebuttal?
Post a link or post number to Geisler "refuting" me.

I don't duck your questions. I just don't answer questions the way you want whenever your premise is false. Why should I honor a false premise with the kind of answer you're looking for?

P.S. Never mind. I agree with Geisler. After all I never said the writers of scripture never expressed themselves figures of speech. NEVER! But what I have also consistently maintained is that I adopt the hermeneutics of the writers of scripture, namely the apostles and prophets, and also Jesus who interpreted the prophets of the OT.

You seem to think 99.99% of the bible is all figurative language (mostly allegory at that!) whereas I do not because Jesus, the apostles and prophets did not!

Last edited by boxcar; 03-26-2020 at 05:20 PM.
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2020, 05:21 PM   #4020
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Which ones?
Wasn't talking to you.