Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:10 PM   #1
TheEdge07
Veteran

CJ has replaced Beyer....

CJs pace figures are filthy...TimeformUS's pace figures,Bias indicator,adjusted final time are second to none.

Handicappers on twitter have said CJ's numbers blow away Beyer and twice on Sunday..

"Beyer #s" move over...CJ is the premier figuremaker in the country..

Many here will say CJ's numbers have been elite for a long time..

With social media,TimeformUS,Tvg..Cj has finally getting his due regonition..
TheEdge07 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2014, 03:25 PM   #2
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

That is nice of you to say. I'll be happy if I can contribute 5% of what Beyer has to the game...he is a legend.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2014, 03:30 PM   #3
TheEdge07
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
That is nice of you to say. I'll be happy if I can contribute 5% of what Beyer has to the game...he is a legend.
CJ times change..everyone gets replaced..

New era...
Magic,Bird,Mj,Kobe,Lebron..
Ruth,Mantle,Bonds,Pujols,Trout
Montana,Manning,Brady,Luck..
Old 09-06-2014, 03:34 PM   #4
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Great compliment from Edger, he loves you man.

Could you give us a quick tutorial on the difference between a pace figure and a figure that is just based on the final time, like Beyer or Thorograph. I know these are probably silly questions, but does this pace figure incorporate a final time figure, in other words, if a horse goes wild and runs a 43 half and opens up 15 lengths and comes to a dead stop in the lane and runs a very slow beyer figure, is that a horse who will have an amazing pace figure, or are you taking into consideration that the horse came to a walk and downgrading how fast he ran his first 2 or 3 furlongs?
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2014, 03:56 PM   #5
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup

Could you give us a quick tutorial on the difference between a pace figure and a figure that is just based on the final time, like Beyer or Thorograph. I know these are probably silly questions, but does this pace figure incorporate a final time figure, in other words, if a horse goes wild and runs a 43 half and opens up 15 lengths and comes to a dead stop in the lane and runs a very slow beyer figure, is that a horse who will have an amazing pace figure, or are you taking into consideration that the horse came to a walk and downgrading how fast he ran his first 2 or 3 furlongs?
Here is a start, no time to get into it today personally but I'll get back to this:

http://timeformusblog.com/2013/06/26...speed-figures/
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2014, 04:01 PM   #6
TheEdge07
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup

The example you posted is exactly what seperates his numbers..Sru cant begin to tell you how many horses win. Next time out with the example ypu posted..
Take time to read the blogs/selections

Old 09-06-2014, 04:19 PM   #7
thaskalos

CJ doesn't have to "replace" Beyer; the horseplayer needs BOTH of them.

In this game...there is room for more than one man at the top.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:31 PM   #8
TheEdge07
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
CJ doesn't have to "replace" Beyer; the horseplayer needs BOTH of them.

In this game...there is room for more than one man at the top.
Thas no more coupled entires. Only 1..
Old 09-06-2014, 04:45 PM   #9
VeryOldMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I'll be happy if I can contribute 5% of what Beyer has to the game...he is a legend.
Good stuff. I'm showing my age - it's not always clear to me if people appreciate just how revolutionary Beyer was.

If you and the TMUS team can improve upon it - that's what this sport/country is all about. I've always respected your views, and I appreciate that you don't act like the ultimate oracle.
VeryOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2014, 06:43 PM   #10
The Hawk

Beyers always have -- and they still do - drive the betting in North America. No offense to CJ but there's no comparison between the two in terms of the level of respect for the figures.
The Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2014, 06:54 PM   #11
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawk
Beyers always have -- and they still do - drive the betting in North America. No offense to CJ but there's no comparison between the two in terms of the level of respect for the figures.
I would make a wager that in time, that will change....The comparison isn't being made, I believe, simply because of unawareness and/or ignorance thus far...

When something is valid and worthy, it is only a matter of time before the world catches on....and in CJ's and TF's case, soon...
Old 09-06-2014, 07:20 PM   #12
TheEdge07
Veteran

[QUOTE=LottaKash]I would make a wager that in time, that will change....The comparison isn't being made, I believe, simply because of unawareness and/or ignorance thus far...

When something is valid and worthy, it is only a matter of time before the world catches on....and in CJ's and TF's case, soon...[/QUOTE

Yep..agree..

Example take a quick glance at todays timeformsus pps today at Belmont..

winners..
2nd-Winner American Quest parked three ride in debut ran fast pace figures red numbers..jogged 3/1
3rs
Laila Jazz- up agains the bias last race closed on a speed favoring track 2 back show fast pace figure..horse is razor sharp 5/1
4th-Pretension set extremely fast pace last race..red held on..3 back same race scored..
today scored 9/1 ..razor sharp fast pace figures indicating horse in top form.
6th-Sollys Mischief...different pace scenario...SM tried to close into slow pace.blue...last race..todays pace scenario set up nicely for SM gets the needed pace and runs down the leader in mid stretch..5/1
8th-Pace Projector had the 1 wiring the field..exactly what happen 5/1..

no redboard ..i followed todays races with timeformus pps..

The pps color coded makes it easssy to read...ill take the ipad you can keep the te cassette

Last edited by TheEdge07; 09-06-2014 at 07:21 PM.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:43 PM   #13
Cratos

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawk
I don't know if the Beyers will always be the favorites of bettors in North America, but the horse race betting market is very stagnate and it has been that way for a very long time which says to me that there is no new handicapping model that will significantly move bettors away from the Beyers.

An example of how the bettors didn't move to the next "best thing" is data to the bettors. Trakus provides better analysis data than either DRF or Equibase, but for whatever reason they have not moved the "needle."

"Science is correct; even if you don't believe it" - Neil deGrasse Tyson
Cratos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2014, 08:45 PM   #14
GameTheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cratos
I don't know if the Beyers will always be the favorites of bettors in North America, but the horse race betting market is very stagnate and it has been that way for a very long time which says to me that there is no new handicapping model that will significantly move bettors away from the Beyers.

An example of how the bettors didn't move to the next "best thing" is data to the bettors. Trakus provides better analysis data than either DRF or Equibase, but for whatever reason they have not moved the "needle."
Can an individual even get trakus data? (easily)
GameTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2014, 09:23 PM   #15
The Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cratos
Exactly right. Beyers were unavailable for four or five days when DRF went down and rather than switch to something else, players, by and large, simply waited for them to become available again. We're all creatures of habit but there's no creature of habit like the horseplayer.
The Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: