Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 08-17-2017, 03:52 AM   #31
jim michalak

valuecapper win %

in the valuecapper video series mp states that the win % is 30% for the first (top) pick and 50% for the top 2 picks, for all races. as has been stated previously mp advises against this, so if one is selective the win % should be even higher.

Last edited by jim michalak; 08-17-2017 at 03:58 AM.
jim michalak is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-17-2017, 05:51 AM   #32
acorn54

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim michalak View Post
in the valuecapper video series mp states that the win % is 30% for the first (top) pick and 50% for the top 2 picks, for all races. as has been stated previously mp advises against this, so if one is selective the win % should be even higher.
the operative word in your statement is "selective", valuecapping isn't about picking the most winning horses, it is about getting value from the horses you bet. that's a big difference. if you watch the symposium videos you will get an idea on how the people who use black magic experience and think in their approach. they are looking to maximize PROFITS, not WINNERS. i'd suggest keeping an open mind while watching the rest of the valuecapper videos. i understand picking alot of winners is fun and all, and betting for value might not be as much of an opportunity for celebration. however you can have either very frequent winners, or you can have a good profit level, buy you can't have them both.
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-17-2017, 10:29 AM   #33
Secondbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn54 View Post
the operative word in your statement is "selective", valuecapping isn't about picking the most winning horses, it is about getting value from the horses you bet. that's a big difference. if you watch the symposium videos you will get an idea on how the people who use black magic experience and think in their approach. they are looking to maximize PROFITS, not WINNERS. i'd suggest keeping an open mind while watching the rest of the valuecapper videos. i understand picking alot of winners is fun and all, and betting for value might not be as much of an opportunity for celebration. however you can have either very frequent winners, or you can have a good profit level, buy you can't have them both.
Exactly right. It's all about overlaid price horses.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-17-2017, 10:57 AM   #34
acorn54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest View Post
again, it does not have to be "price" horses if you are referring to only betting longshots, just getting value. there are people who use black magic and testify that there bread and butter bets are in the 9/2-7-1 range. it really depends on how accurate the software's odds line is.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:53 PM   #35
Secondbest

I understand. When I say price I mean anything that pays double digits. Not necessarily $30 but say $12 and up. Anyway good luck.Im sure you'll do well.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-17-2017, 01:23 PM   #36
acorn54

Quote:
I understand. When I say price I mean anything that pays double digits. Not necessarily $30 but say $12 and up. Anyway good luck.Im sure you'll do well.
yeah well it ain't going to be rags to riches. the most successful coach of the wizards, claims he just makes some money from the software to take a vacation. and he's been using the software since it's inception as blam 1.0. he has a regular full time job to pay the bills. so the morale of the story is, if anyone is buying the software to try to make an income, don't quit your day job. that's what i like about the wizard club, they are fun guys and gals, but frank.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:33 PM   #37
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by oughtoh View Post
I was just going by 1 winner out of 8 races. $2 bet on 8 races was $16. Wasn't going by the %.
1 winner out of 8 would be a 12.5 % win percentage. In that case you are correct that the average winner would have to be $16 to break even.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:58 PM   #38
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
This is a misunderstanding. An overlay is an overlay no matter what the price. That is to say both a 4-5 and a 10-1 could be overlays. Or, they could both be underlays. In either case, making a bet based on "value" comes down to an accurate odds line which, of course, is very challenging to get right. If people haven't read Barry Meadow's Money Secrets at the Racetrack or Commonsense Betting by Dick Mitchell I highly recommend that they do.
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 10:14 AM   #39
Bullet Plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim michalak View Post
That's what the crowd can do also. Same odds as crowd picks.

So, it is a tool. Like the Sheets, The DRF, Timeformus, Etc.

I would say it is geared toward the contest player, as it can crunch a lot of races.

There are some contest winners who use onlly the free pp's given out at the book.

There are others who use state of the art technology.

Both can win.

Obviously, I hold the guy who can do it with free bare bones pp's in higher esteem.

But, there is no extra credit for that in the contest world.
Bullet Plane is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 11:00 AM   #40
acorn54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Plane View Post
That's what the crowd can do also. Same odds as crowd picks.

So, it is a tool. Like the Sheets, The DRF, Timeformus, Etc.

I would say it is geared toward the contest player, as it can crunch a lot of races.

There are some contest winners who use onlly the free pp's given out at the book.

There are others who use state of the art technology.

Both can win.

Obviously, I hold the guy who can do it with free bare bones pp's in higher esteem.

But, there is no extra credit for that in the contest world.
saw your post. i am a senior citizen looking for some add'l income, not an ego trip or what others think of me. the people that use black magic are frank and don't lay claim to making a living from the valuecapper. just some side money to have some discretionary income. if you have any other expectations with this software it is not for you.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:24 AM   #41
oughtoh

Acorn That is exactly what I was looking at valuecapper for. Also being a senior an having two kids in college alittle extra money would help out.
oughtoh is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2017, 01:11 PM   #42
rlopez781

I had the privilege of playing with a beta tester of Value Capper for almost 6 months last year.There were some bombs of $58,$42 and $98 horses,and the program odds line will say 4/1 or 6/1 and compare it to the contention line(public) and tote board line of 12/1 or 15/1...then it's a bet.But you will also have to be prepared to lose on most of them and cash on a few. .He wasn't betting those bombs because
he was more interested in the 'bread-and-butter' bets,wherein the Value Capper will have the horse at 8/5 and the contention line says 4/1 and tote board has it at 9/2.There were more of them on those kind of value bets in regards to the kind of bettable races he liked to play.The program made it a lot easier to see
those value bets because it was automatic.You just have to do a little double-check on it's pp...

Ray
rlopez781 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2017, 02:13 PM   #43
SandyW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlopez781 View Post
I had the privilege of playing with a beta tester of Value Capper for almost 6 months last year.There were some bombs of $58,$42 and $98 horses,and the program odds line will say 4/1 or 6/1 and compare it to the contention line(public) and tote board line of 12/1 or 15/1...then it's a bet.But you will also have to be prepared to lose on most of them and cash on a few. .He wasn't betting those bombs because
he was more interested in the 'bread-and-butter' bets,wherein the Value Capper will have the horse at 8/5 and the contention line says 4/1 and tote board has it at 9/2.There were more of them on those kind of value bets in regards to the kind of bettable races he liked to play.The program made it a lot easier to see
those value bets because it was automatic.You just have to do a little double-check on it's pp...

Ray
WHEN IS VALUECAPPER SOFTWARE COMING OUT????

I have been hearing soon for the last two years, I am 78 years old right now and I would like to get a chance to use this software before I am dead and buried.
I personally think that this software will never ever be offered for sale because no such software has been programed or written.
SandyW is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2017, 02:45 PM   #44
rlopez781

Sandy,

It is already on sale to those that subscribed to his rants.Registration is going on right now but he might close it as soon as he meets the number of customers he can accomodate on the wizards forum.
As for the price, it is around $1300 to those that have the Black Magic 1.0.The
price to newbies is $1797 or split into 3 monthly payments of $677.It is not for recreational players.All the supplemental videos and manuals are now interactive and it is all on the website and just login and put your password and everything is there.The software also includes the original Black Magic 1.0 to those that
might want to check or compare the old with the new.I don't know how much the monthly unlimited data and results files are and also the membership to the wizards forum.But i heard it's around $125...

Ray
rlopez781 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2017, 07:51 AM   #45
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyW View Post
WHEN IS VALUECAPPER SOFTWARE COMING OUT????

I have been hearing soon for the last two years, I am 78 years old right now and I would like to get a chance to use this software before I am dead and buried.
I personally think that this software will never ever be offered for sale because no such software has been programed or written.
I went to their marketing site and sent a request about availability and price points. I got an email saying I had to watch 4 videos and the answers would Magically appear. So I waded through video 1 @ 48 minutes long, and the next 3 videos are locked to me? Bizarre marketing techniques, but I suppose Mike P. knows what he's doing? I did find his five point plan on video 1 kind of a good refresher course on getting value.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: