Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-10-2021, 10:48 PM   #31
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
Do we really have to debate the preferred accent? It's 2021 and this is a worldwide game. How about someone good at the job?

Craig, best of luck in the future with your TuP gig and (more importantly) with your health.
Why not? Is there a more interesting racing topic that you would like to "debate"? If so, then bring it on...and we'll put the "preferred accent" debate on the backburner.
Old 04-11-2021, 02:45 AM   #32
JHK

Anyone who constantly smacks their lips - I'm looking specifically into Australia.

Perloff on TVG is long overdue for a Saturday Night Live skit to mock him.

"The thing about this horse... ugh ugh ugh, see..."
JHK is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2021, 11:44 AM   #33
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
"...[Concert Tour] is now a length-and-a-half in front..."
That was pretty funny
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2021, 12:10 PM   #34
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Why not? Is there a more interesting racing topic that you would like to "debate"? If so, then bring it on...and we'll put the "preferred accent" debate on the backburner.
The point flew right over your head, didn't it?

We already had people ripping Craig for his accent. Then he had to defend himself, as well as talk about how sick he's been. So now you want to go BACK to arguing over the "correct" accent for an announcer (and what an argument it will be, considering Vic is a long-time top announcer and American, never guess he'd prefer American announcers! Wow!). So then Craig can defend himself again?

Last edited by castaway01; 04-11-2021 at 12:16 PM.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2021, 12:39 PM   #35
JHK

Sorry, I meant Matt Carothers, not Perloff.

How does Carothers stay on television with his constant stuttering?
JHK is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2021, 01:10 PM   #36
thaskalos

Quote:

We already had people ripping Craig for his accent. Then he had to defend himself, as well as talk about how sick he's been. So now you want to go BACK to arguing over the "correct" accent for an announcer (and what an argument it will be, considering Vic is a long-time top announcer and American, never guess he'd prefer American announcers! Wow!). So then Craig can defend himself again?
Vic is a long time top announcer, and I knew that he probably prefers American announcers...but I have an opinion too, and I felt like saying it. Your point went over my head because it sounded as if we were boring you. If that was your point...why didn't you make it right after the original poster started the thread?
Old 04-11-2021, 01:34 PM   #37
thaskalos

PS...

Quote:

I am never getting into another "argument" here...whether it's with Vic or anybody else. I've promised myself to be less confrontational going forward...especially on the racing side of the board. But I see no harm in posting a trivial opinion now and then, whether I do it or anybody else. After all...the "serious" topics are few and far between.

Last edited by thaskalos; 04-11-2021 at 01:37 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2021, 04:05 PM   #38
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Personally don't care whether the announcer has an accent or not. I want calls I can understand that tell me what is going on, not what the announcer thinks is going to happen. I don't mind some excitement mixed in when it fits the eye test.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2021, 04:27 PM   #39
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Personally don't care whether the announcer has an accent or not. I want calls I can understand that tell me what is going on, not what the announcer thinks is going to happen. I don't mind some excitement mixed in when it fits the eye test.
Good measure of what is necessary.
Old 04-11-2021, 05:37 PM   #40
craigbraddick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Good measure of what is necessary.
46Zilzal:

I am prepared to learn from anyone. How do you think I can meet that criteria better to your mind? Feel free to message me if you like.

Regards,
Craig.

Last edited by craigbraddick; 04-11-2021 at 05:41 PM.
craigbraddick is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2021, 05:40 PM   #41
craigbraddick

Quote:

Hi Castaway!

Thanks for your comments. I did not feel anyone was ripping me for my accent. Someone else raised I had been a poorly and I just wanted to add to them it has helped shape my life (and race calls) for the better, but I did not feel a need to defend myself, nor did I feel I was being attacked in any way!

Thanks for your support. I really appreciate it and hope we can meet up someday!

Regards,

Craig.
Old 04-11-2021, 09:42 PM   #42
arw629
First Time Gelding

I get annoyed when my bet loses and frank mirahmadi uses words like sparkling and dazzling to describe the winner crossing the wire.
arw629 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2021, 10:13 PM   #43
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by arw629 View Post
I get annoyed when my bet loses and frank mirahmadi uses words like sparkling and dazzling to describe the winner crossing the wire.
Old 04-11-2021, 11:00 PM   #44
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by arw629 View Post
Well the horse had to turn in a sparkling performance. It's the only way he could beat the horse you bet!
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2021, 11:04 PM   #45
SG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbraddick View Post
46Zilzal:

I am prepared to learn from anyone. How do you think I can meet that criteria better to your mind? Feel free to message me if you like.

Regards,
Craig.

I have a bone to pick with a number of announcers...in this day in age where the answer to almost everything is a click away, how can so many words etc be mispronounced? I know it's completely nitpicking, but it drives me crazy, and I imagine if you're an owner of one of these horses it's a real let down. My advice to any announcer would be just take the very small amount of time to check a pronunciation here and there. And if you could, make some friends who speak a variety of other languages who you can always double check with as well for foreign names.
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: