Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 01-17-2021, 11:31 PM   #1
omar2

PacePlus ver1.4

Does anyone use or have used this program. every few times i open the fps screen portion of the program i keep getting a run-time error "5": invalid procedure call or argument.
every time i uninstall and re-install the program after x amount of times using the program it keeps giving me the same error and keeps closing.
I have access to the other 2 screens of the program.
Any suggestions on how to fix??
If anybody knows how to get into the program let me know. Just send me your email address and i will send you the setup files for the program via Google Drive. It's really a good program but i have no luck with the programmer who seems unwilling to do the FIX.
If anyone knows how to get into the program, let me know and i'll try to figure it out myself. I'm not a programmer but i am quite smart.
Please respond.
Omar

Last edited by omar2; 01-17-2021 at 11:34 PM. Reason: addition
omar2 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2021, 11:57 PM   #2
acorn54

off the top of my head, without a google search of the run time error you are getting, i would suggest always opening the program with the "run as administrator" function of windows.
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2021, 12:18 AM   #3
omar2

Tried that, same result.
Old 01-18-2021, 02:37 AM   #4
fast4522

Two main screens, the first one is junk. I used the PacePlus trial to make a neat PP Generator with TPR's better than the program had that was fixed. Updating the pars I lost interest after the second year. I found Pace Makes the Race (book) superior to a program that does not have the update of pars as a option.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2021, 10:59 AM   #5
theotherside

Pace plus

On the Pace plus program how do you get the pps up? Does the program itself display the pps?
theotherside is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2021, 01:27 PM   #6
lefty359

Is this the RPM prgm? If so, did you ask Dave Powers for help. Generally I have found he will help and if you are dissatisfied he will honor a refund request.
lefty359 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2021, 09:48 PM   #7
omar2

There's no pp's with the program. You can access them with by using brisnet's custom pp utility with the same single data file the program uses. I use the post time daily pp's. No it isn't an RPM program. It was developed by Kenneth Edwards and Bill Collins (programmer). Website is paceeval.com.
If anyone knows the formulas for calculating Deceleration and Pace Class that would be helpful to me. Thanks. Omar

Last edited by omar2; 01-18-2021 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-19-2021, 12:04 AM   #8
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

I believe that the deceleration is F1 - F3. I'm not use about the PC rating.
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2021, 03:08 AM   #9
omar2

Thanks. You were almost right. I double checked it but it's F3-F1=Deceleration.
Now I just have to figure out the pace class figure and I think I just did. Looking at the answers on the screen for PC it seems to be TWICE the value for AP or FW. I couldn't tell you why it is except I know that AP has to deal with CLASS, going back to my early Sartin days back in 1984.

As far as TPR numbers go I try to keep things as simple as possible. I'm not interested in calculating a PERFECT NUMBER by incorporating daily variants or half variants or par times. All I try to do is use the BEST TPR number in SPRINTS and the BEST FFR number in ROUTES when choosing the Pace Line for each horsey in the race. Just keep things simple. Try and use the best race when comparing horses to each other. That I learned from MR. RAY TAULBOT. Back then he had his way of measuring pace and speed, today we have BETTER ways, PERIOD.
If I think the horse's best race is no longer RELEVANT, meaning I don't think he can run back to that higher class race with that best number then I have to adjust my thinking as to what company the horse is best suited for today and use that best race. AND I always try to use a race where the horse was COMPETITIVE, but if the horse is a dead closer and only runs SUSTAINED, for him or her that's a competitive race. CASE IN POINT: ZENYATTA. Do you think all her races were competitive- you betcha!

I may be no good in calculating numbers, but I'm very good in EVALUATING READOUTS, knowing what to look for.
Later, Omar.
Old 01-19-2021, 07:12 AM   #10
theotherside

run-time error "5"

Omar2...I have the same problem! Have you found the solution?
theotherside is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2021, 09:38 AM   #11
omar2

What I do is this and believe me it sucks, first i save all my files to separate folders-bris download, drf data and pp data. Next i uninstall the program; then re-install it. If you don't save your files first you'll lose 'em.
what i'm trying now is not putting back all those pp data files, maybe it's overloading the program???. Then hope it lasts awhile.
My only other option is to use HTR2, but i don't want to spend $119/mo., because I only look at 2 tracks per day, weekends only, BUT like Sean Connery says: Never Say Never.
Are you using the same program?
Old 01-19-2021, 12:52 PM   #12
lefty359

I dl'd the trial. Just another ripoff of old Doc Sartin.
Old 01-19-2021, 02:28 PM   #13
lefty359

I don't see a price on website. Can someone fill me in?
Old 01-19-2021, 03:07 PM   #14
omar2

It says $399 plus $6 S&H.
I had bought both versions 4 years apart. When I purchased the updated version Bill says he doesn't have me on file. When I emailed him last year that I needed a replacement CD, mine was scratched, again he says I'm not registered and wanted to charge me $75. I told him forget it.
Old 01-19-2021, 06:35 PM   #15
lefty359

I'd say $399 pretty expensive for a pgrm like this.
But I wish you nothing but the best with it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: