Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 01-19-2021, 06:48 PM   #16
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

I saw $149 + $6 for shipping.
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2021, 07:32 PM   #17
lefty359

speed, was that on the website? I didn't see it, but that price would be more in the ballpark, i'd say.
lefty359 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2021, 07:39 PM   #18
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

I think this is the same software.
http://paceeval.com/PEPurchase.html
Old 01-19-2021, 07:41 PM   #19
lefty359

I went back to site and found the price. In fact I found 4 of them for 4 iterations of the prgm.

Pace Eval Plus $149
Pace Plus $399
Pace Plus Enhanced $449
Pace Plus Value Plays $99.
Plus $6 shipping.
Old 01-19-2021, 10:51 PM   #20
theotherside

Pace eval

The owner passed away some time ago and I believe though the website is up the software cant be bought.
theotherside is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2021, 11:02 PM   #21
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by theotherside View Post
The owner passed away some time ago and I believe though the website is up the software cant be bought.
I went back and checked some old emails and he did indeed pass away. I had sent an email though the site thinking that the owner was the programmer. I received an email back stating that Kenneth who defined the algorithms passed away several years ago. I believe you could still purchase it on the website as the programmer Bill replied to my email. This was Jan 19 and Bill was 75 at the time.
Old 01-19-2021, 11:09 PM   #22
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty359 View Post
I'd say $399 pretty expensive for a pgrm like this.
But I wish you nothing but the best with it.
Any seasoned hard core Sartin schooled survivor used the evaluation period to determine that $399 progie was no better than what they already had with Dick Schmidt & Tom Hambleton's work. The examples these guys put out were so easy to program into spreadsheets and many people on this forum did. I referenced PP Generator in this thread but did not really say I wrote one that included the TPR number. During that time period I exchanged mail with Dick Schmidt and told him about it saying that it was for personal use only, he was OK with that and said his interests were then with forex trading or something like that. During that time period I sent examples to Elliott Sidewater and a few others here getting good comments and suggestions. My suggestion is forget about programs that never really had a following, and instead look to the ones that are still alive.

Last edited by fast4522; 01-19-2021 at 11:12 PM.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2021, 08:14 AM   #23
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
My suggestion is forget about programs that never really had a following, and instead look to the ones that are still alive.
Exactly. Well said, fast. I don't understand the fascination with old, unsupported software unless it produces some kind of proprietary number that is still viable in today's handicapping game.
Old 01-20-2021, 02:38 PM   #24
omar2

One more point about that error 5 code. I recently was running my Program under windows 7 and every time I encountered that error I would google search for a solution and Each time it would refer me to the registry and I would change this value and that value. Eventually the computer would not function right and I had to run system restore. Well the first time I tried that, the program worked for an extended period and then WHAMMO- error 5 again. So i said to myself I'll do system restore again. This time the program worked for awhile and error 5 again. Each time I ran system restore the error showed up faster and faster, like the program was trying to out think me. I will not give in to a machine. If it won't let me use the FPS/velocity screen, fine I will find another program with the same screen like MPH PRO to get the info I need. I've made up models for GP, TAM,OP,KEE, some Aqu, Lrl,CD,Bel and Fg. I know what wins at each distance/surface at these Tracks. The other 2 screens with PacePlus I can access, no problem. Is it going to take me a little more time,yeah. Is it going to cost me a few $$ more,yeah. I will not let a non thinking machine beat me. Handicapping is tough enough. I'm not going to let a non thinking program out think me!!
Omar

Last edited by omar2; 01-20-2021 at 02:41 PM.
omar2 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2021, 06:32 PM   #25
lefty359

I emailed the address given 3 times but never got an answer. Too bad as I

went through the prgm tday and like what I saw. I was thinking about buying the 149 ver.

Interesting about putting what was in the book ino a spread sheet but don't know how to do that as I know bupkas about Spread sheets.
Old 01-20-2021, 11:44 PM   #26
omar2

Spreadsheets are easy. You just label the columns, and either copy the info from the screen you want to model. By copying the fps for f1,f2,c2,f3 I can then calculate the sartin energy values that I want to model. Eg. Med%. If you know the formula easy. Each column has a letter,each row has a number. Let's say f1=column E,f2 =column F and f3=column H, then you enter the formula in the first row under the heading Med% as follows: =(e2+f2)/(e2+f2+h2)*100. Once you see the answer you click on that box, hold the shift key and press the down arrow for as many rows u need to calculate. Then click the end of the formula box and hit ctrl + enter, and now the formula calculates the value each row in that column. Formulas in excel always Start with an = sign.
Anything u need to know about excel,just ask google search and then read your answer. U can even Watch it on YouTube video.
Sometimes it takes that guy 7-10 days to read his emails and respond. I know if I had a program I wanted to sell I would answer you right away. I use Office 2013. I paid $50/$60 on website called PCdestination.com for a life time license.
Sometimes my brain needs a rest so I'll nap from 3pm till I Awake.
Omar
Old 01-21-2021, 01:38 AM   #27
omar2

ok. the $149 price is for the OLDER program with just the 1 screen with just the TPR numbers. I have both versions but I use the PacePlus with the 3 screens.
Old 01-21-2021, 02:05 AM   #28
omar2

ok. the $149 price is for the OLDER program with just the 1 screen with just the TPR numbers. I have both versions but I use the PacePlus with the 3 screens.
The problem with this version is if u mark a horse as a scratch and then use the print function, program only prints a blank page and closes. However if u just hide the horse then it prints fine. Another point is i let's say u print 3 selected races, after each race it gives u a blank page, 6 races, 6 blank pages. Print out all the races, only 1 blank extra page.
When I brought this to the programmers attention he said he's too busy to correct the problem. Imagine that. Did not have this problem with the $149 version, besides you if u want that older program I can let u have it for $39 and
send it to u over Google Drive, no s&h. My email is nbroat@yahoo.com if you're interested.
The main problem with with the version i'm using is after awhile using that fps screen, without warning i get that invalid argument error 5 code. Then to use that screen again u have to uninstall/reinstall the program but u can still access
the other 2 screens without a problem.
Old 01-22-2021, 09:38 PM   #29
lefty359

Omar, It's a deal. I sent you an email. Let me know the arrangements.
Chuck
Old 01-24-2021, 12:15 AM   #30
oswaldrha

A possible alternative...

Hi Chuck (and everyone else),
If you're still interested in using an old school Phase III style program, you might want to take a look at this. It's basically a modernized version of Tom Brohamer's MPH program.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-EQUALIZ...EAAOSwsW9YyDBP
oswaldrha is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: