Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 01-05-2021, 02:22 PM   #6661
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

spot play

I'm gonna show you a spot play I came up with--you can come up with many spot plays on your own. This one is simple and logical-the start of a good spot play.

Old 01-05-2021, 02:52 PM   #6662
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Old 01-05-2021, 03:04 PM   #6663
mapman

i cannot figure what track u r even at
Old 01-05-2021, 03:40 PM   #6664
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

So now you have horses that have early speed--and are potentially in good shape and stamina. To insure this--I require any contenders to have earned a Platinum Power Number.

The only exception I make is if a horse is the ONLY horse from his race to make the list.

My spot play w/my rules selected LUCKY ROCKET in the 2nd (ran out), and PERFECTLY SEASONED(paid $14.00 to win) in the 3rd, as they met all qualifying rules.

Also, these horses didn't qualify due to low odds, or no Power #, but won anyway. I didn't notice, but in the 7th there was a "single" contender--but I missed it completely.

1st REIGN OF FIRE
2nd TONY'S TAPIT
4th MR RIGHT NOW
7th WILLINLILVILLIAN (paid $55.00) yep I missed it! He didn't have a Power Number but qualified as a "single" as the only horse from the 7th on the list.

Good Luck,

-NCG
Old 01-05-2021, 03:42 PM   #6665
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapman View Post
i cannot figure what track u r even at
Sorry...thought I mentioned it--was yesterday's MVR
Old 01-05-2021, 04:00 PM   #6666
OzYank

Actually was yesterday's TUP.... I am liking this angle helped me with a great one in Gulfstream on the 3rd ...race #9 Plenum I think it was called. Paid #65.60 for the $2 win bet.
Old 01-05-2021, 04:05 PM   #6667
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzYank View Post
Actually was yesterday's TUP.... I am liking this angle helped me with a great one in Gulfstream on the 3rd ...race #9 Plenum I think it was called. Paid #65.60 for the $2 win bet.
Nice going, Oz! Don't know where my head is at today, forgot I was looking at TUP. It doesn't matter though--the spot play is the important part--the location is incidental.

On the other hand--some plays just flat out don't work at certain tracks so.........
Old 01-05-2021, 04:33 PM   #6668
hracingplyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
So now you have horses that have early speed--and are potentially in good shape and stamina. To insure this--I require any contenders to have earned a Platinum Power Number.

The only exception I make is if a horse is the ONLY horse from his race to make the list.

My spot play w/my rules selected LUCKY ROCKET in the 2nd (ran out), and PERFECTLY SEASONED(paid $14.00 to win) in the 3rd, as they met all qualifying rules.

Also, these horses didn't qualify due to low odds, or no Power #, but won anyway. I didn't notice, but in the 7th there was a "single" contender--but I missed it completely.

1st REIGN OF FIRE
2nd TONY'S TAPIT
4th MR RIGHT NOW
7th WILLINLILVILLIAN (paid $55.00) yep I missed it! He didn't have a Power Number but qualified as a "single" as the only horse from the 7th on the list.

Good Luck,

-NCG
No clue what u did here what did Willinlilvillian qualify on? He is not the best early or late horse in race 7
Old 01-05-2021, 04:48 PM   #6669
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

7th WILLINLILVILLIAN (paid $55.00) He didn't have a Power Number but qualified as a "single" as the only horse from the 7th on the list. At 15-1 ML he's worth a shot.

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 01-05-2021 at 04:50 PM.
Old 01-06-2021, 03:59 PM   #6670
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Did you understand that, Bob? Or are you still lost?

The Daily Double Calc is a good tool for eliminating false favorites. Look at these enough, and you'll get a feel for something that doesn't look right.

Old 01-06-2021, 04:59 PM   #6671
horseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
I'm gonna show you a spot play I came up with--you can come up with many spot plays on your own. This one is simple and logical-the start of a good spot play.

If the all button gives you "all" horses - why is there only 3 horses showing for race 1 ?
Old 01-06-2021, 05:48 PM   #6672
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

My bad...I was talking on the phone and trying to post a spot-play simultaneously.

Click the "all" button--THEN (I left this part out)--click the "early speed" button.* THEN go to the screen and double-click the "late" column, so you get highest to lowest. Without a data-base confirming...I believe this method can score a profit.
The key is to look for a race with a longshot WITH a Power Number...and preferably the only horse on that list from his race. If no Power Number, but he's a longshot--well, that's your call. I'll usually go for it, if he's over 10-1 and a "single" on the list-power number be damned.

If you have two or more--if you can see one of them stands out-and is a decent price, go for it. The race you emailed me about, Bob...had 4 horses from that 8th race on the list. However you got that $100 winner, good for you.

I just can't figure out how you did it.
Old 01-06-2021, 06:37 PM   #6673
lefty359

Is his he newest ver of Platinum that I'm seeing. Looks like a lot has changed from my version.
Old 01-06-2021, 06:45 PM   #6674
OzYank

Horseplayer has a good point, I didn't notice this before now but I am going back to multiple days and multiple different tracks and all I am doing is loading the file then clicking ALL which I would expect to see every single horse on the card in every race...... that is not happening sometimes I see 3 horses from a 10 horse field or maybe 5 from a 7 horse field etc etc.
I double-click an individual race just to see how many horses I should be seeing and can't figure out why these horses are showing whilst others are not.
The closest thing that I can take a wild guess is that its showing the top Q value horses maybe? Instead of every horse running......

Is this also occurring for other people?

If I am looking at this wrong let me know or if that button is meant to be ALL speed horses or something else. If it is broken am still glad I hit that big winner the other day hehehehe
Old 01-06-2021, 07:15 PM   #6675
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I'm glad you discovered this--although PLATINUM has an "all" button-that puts up all (every) horse from today's card.

When I asked for an "all" button for TM--Steve was under the impression I wanted all the spot-play qualifiers listed-not all of today's horses.

Sooo...he is correcting this as we speak. I will be sending out upgrades in a few minutes. Check your emails--delete the old program--and get as many copies of the updated Trainer Moves as you need (provided you don't need more than three copies)

This kind of stuff happens with a new program....there are always corrections to be made, and glitches to sort out. The reason for the ALL button is, for example, making up spot plays. Usually you want more than just the early horses, for comparison and testing.

Thanks for your patience

Watch your emails

-NCG
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: