Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-12-2022, 08:22 PM   #16
craigbraddick

Just heard the first three races on Friday. Just a beat slower, voice sounds 15 years younger and some very nice racecalling. This is why no matter how good you are you can never truly beat a champion. So glad to hear Trevor back there today and loving it!
Old 08-13-2022, 06:24 PM   #17
Zman179
Registered Wacko

I know Trevor’s lost a few steps, but this will probably be his last meet. So enjoy his calls while you can, even if he isn’t at his best. His previous back injury probably has a lot to do with it.
Zman179 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2022, 02:44 PM   #18
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenoa View Post
Butchered 3 races today, wonder if he even wants to finish out the meet after today.

Enjoy the final few weeks, Trevor will go down as one of the best of all-time, he stuck around 1 or 2 years too long. Durkin went out a champ.
So I just watched the last race on August 11 again, for a different reason. Not only was Trevor's call awful (he didn't pick up the runaway winner until the wire), but his mispronunciations of "ChickenFingerFriday" were actually profane in two languages. He kept calling him "ChingaFrickinDay". "Frickin" is of course a version of the f-word in English, and "Chinga" IS the f-word in Spanish. And he called this horse that, over and over again in the call. I was howling.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2022, 08:33 PM   #19
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
So I just watched the last race on August 11 again, for a different reason. Not only was Trevor's call awful (he didn't pick up the runaway winner until the wire), but his mispronunciations of "ChickenFingerFriday" were actually profane in two languages. He kept calling him "ChingaFrickinDay". "Frickin" is of course a version of the f-word in English, and "Chinga" IS the f-word in Spanish. And he called this horse that, over and over again in the call. I was howling.
That was trevor being funny, great move.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: