Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-17-2022, 12:51 PM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

This is the end game

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...024/ar-AAZEz8K

It's amazing what Democrats will try to achieve with such little evidence.

But you all will let them get away with it. Not that anyone needs Trump to run again or be President. There are a few very capable people waiting to take his place on the right.

But this entire episode just goes to show how far Democrats are willing to go...destroy our Democracy in order to rid themselves of the orange man.
Old 07-17-2022, 01:18 PM   #2
Inner Dirt

I think they are just trying to drag this Jan 6th theater as long as possible, definitely to mid terms, bring down Trump and tie every Republican to him.

From what I have seen of DeSantis I like him so far, not sure who else.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2022, 02:37 PM   #3
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I think they are just trying to drag this Jan 6th theater as long as possible, definitely to mid terms, bring down Trump and tie every Republican to him.

From what I have seen of DeSantis I like him so far, not sure who else.
The Demos will do the same to DeSantis. They've already started just in case he decides to run, which I hope he doesn't, unless it is as Trump's VP. Trump/DeSantis - 2024; DeSantis/? - 2028 and 2032.

Mark my words: Trump will run in 2024, and he will win.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2022, 02:56 PM   #4
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
The Demos will do the same to DeSantis. They've already started just in case he decides to run, which I hope he doesn't, unless it is as Trump's VP. Trump/DeSantis - 2024; DeSantis/? - 2028 and 2032.

https://rumble.com/embed/v1734uz

I don't want Trump to run, about the only wallet issues I had with him were the way a lot of my suppliers tried to game things because of tariffs. That really wasn't on Trump, but the way the market reacted. It was all on raw materials, even though I always sourced domestic steel and aluminum which were not subject to tariffs, the suppliers of those items raised prices, quite a bit, but it settled back down, then Biden took office and now I am paying 2-3x what I did before January 2021 on aluminum and stainless steel.

I know there are people that don't score Trump on results, but his personality. It is way to late to send him to charm school. We need his ideals in someone a little more PC and not so rough around the edges. I seriously believe elections are swung by people that aren't that bright and a mean Twitter guy or whatever Trump posted on can lose a lot of votes. There honestly are people who have no clue how government, the economy and taxes work. A candidate needs votes from those people, unfortunately.
I really wish you had to pass a test to get a voting license, that would eliminate candidates trying to appeal to stupid people, of which there are many on both sides.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2022, 04:34 PM   #5
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:

He is running and will beat Trump in the primaries
Old 07-17-2022, 05:55 PM   #6
fast4522

Quote:

I would like to see it, but as I said before it is a process. Just like born near the USA Ted Cruz was going to win when Trump did. We are responding to what is done during the process and so far not much has happened.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2022, 09:43 PM   #7
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
DeSantis hasn't committed to running for president, yet. I'm not convinced that he will, but if he does and Trump does, too (which I believe he will), I'm not convinced that he will take the primaries; at least, not at this next go-around. If Trump decides not to run and DeSantis does, then DeSantis goes to the front. He would be formidable candidate, for sure.

As of July 15th:

Quote:
Ron DeSantis insists he’s focused only on trying to win his reelection race for governor this year.
Quote:
One survey released this week, from the New York Times/Siena College, found 49% of people who planned to vote in the 2024 GOP presidential primary said they backed Trump. The potential candidate with the second highest share of the vote, however, was DeSantis, with 25% support.

The governor’s next closest competitor, Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, registered just 7% support in the survey, despite running once before in a GOP presidential primary in 2016.
Quote:
Surges of interest in candidates, no matter how intense, can be short-lived, and political veterans caution that there’s no guarantee the early signs of support for DeSantis would last by the time the primary begins.
Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/pol...#storylink=cpy

It's too bad that the Repubs/Conservatives can't stay glued together like the Demos do...come hell or high water!
Old 07-17-2022, 09:45 PM   #8
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
I would like to see it, but as I said before it is a process. Just like born near the USA Ted Cruz was going to win when Trump did. We are responding to what is done during the process and so far not much has happened.
You are correct!
Old 07-17-2022, 10:55 PM   #9
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I don't want Trump to run, about the only wallet issues I had with him were the way a lot of my suppliers tried to game things because of tariffs. That really wasn't on Trump, but the way the market reacted. It was all on raw materials, even though I always sourced domestic steel and aluminum which were not subject to tariffs, the suppliers of those items raised prices, quite a bit, but it settled back down, then Biden took office and now I am paying 2-3x what I did before January 2021 on aluminum and stainless steel.

I know there are people that don't score Trump on results, but his personality. It is way to late to send him to charm school. We need his ideals in someone a little more PC and not so rough around the edges. I seriously believe elections are swung by people that aren't that bright and a mean Twitter guy or whatever Trump posted on can lose a lot of votes. There honestly are people who have no clue how government, the economy and taxes work. A candidate needs votes from those people, unfortunately.
I really wish you had to pass a test to get a voting license, that would eliminate candidates trying to appeal to stupid people, of which there are many on both sides.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2022, 11:01 AM   #10
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Hi Ralph. Don't you think the right fears Trump's destructive wrath should he not get nominated?

No expert on politics ( and the area I live in emanates a perhaps non-predictive far-right perspective on the next presidential election), but if I had to bet money today, it goes on Trump.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2022, 11:31 AM   #11
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
Hi Ralph. Don't you think the right fears Trump's destructive wrath should he not get nominated?

No expert on politics ( and the area I live in emanates a perhaps non-predictive far-right perspective on the next presidential election), but if I had to bet money today, it goes on Trump.
You make a good point, but if he loses in the primaries he will be effectively neutered. When it comes right down to it the maga crowd will vote for Desantis on the big day. No matter how they feel about Trump.

Trump got a ton of votes just to keep Hillary at bay. Me included.

I fear the Democratic machine has perfected mail in ballots and they control the inner cities where the votes are counted. I hope that an overwhelming Repub Congress (veto proof) can steam roll Biden in his last two years and keep that up after 2024 no matter who gets elected.

The Supremes look to help out that cause at the State level with some upcoming cases.

I truly would love to find a way to wrestle control of vote counting from the inner cities where corruption and tribalism rule.

Trump had his chance and Paul Ryan pushed him around like a schoolboy. He blew it
Old 07-18-2022, 11:31 AM   #12
lamboguy

i am way outside the box, just like i was in 2015 calling Trump. my money is down on Liz Chaney, and if she loses her seat in Wyoming, i am doubling down on her for next president.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2022, 11:36 AM   #13
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i am way outside the box, just like i was in 2015 calling Trump. my money is down on Liz Chaney, and if she loses her seat in Wyoming, i am doubling down on her for next president.
You can't be serious
Old 07-18-2022, 11:42 AM   #14
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
That’s one person the MAGA Crowd will never vote for…..
Old 07-18-2022, 11:44 AM   #15
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
You can't be serious
This must be an episode of "Laugh-In!"
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply