Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 06-05-2022, 07:20 AM   #61
alhattab

Heard around Monmouth yesterday:

Hollendorfer horse in 4th started taking $ on Fridayand took more Sat morning. Heard this from a teller. Ended up paying about same closing fixed odds as in the pool. Impressive win btw- rail has been dead but no bother on way to easy 4 length win and 80 Beyer. Dam is Test winner Paola Queen

Heard one guy made a few scores thru the fixed odds, and they capped his play at $600 after he made a few $2,000 scores. Heard this from a friend/habitue who spoke directly to said player.
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2022, 07:36 AM   #62
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhattab View Post

Hollendorfer horse in 4th started taking $ on Fridayand took more Sat morning. Heard this from a teller. Ended up paying about same closing fixed odds as in the pool. Impressive win btw- rail has been dead but no bother on way to easy 4 length win and 80 Beyer. Dam is Test winner Paola Queen

Heard one guy made a few scores thru the fixed odds, and they capped his play at $600 after he made a few $2,000 scores. Heard this from a friend/habitue who spoke directly to said player.
$600 is still excellent to get down on non-pari-mutuel wagers.

as for the guys that bet the day before, that is pretty risky because they are without the benefit of knowing how the horse is behaving in the paddock and later on the track. in this instance, they got the best of the price. i personally bet on the horses that ran 2nd in both race 2+4. the ones i bet on looked pretty lousy, but now maybe i can give them an excuse because the rail was like lightning.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2022, 08:17 AM   #63
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:

You win they'll get you....

What happens after a few $600 scores????

Looks like he'll have to come with friends and family .....
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2022, 08:30 AM   #64
lamboguy

there ain't no one in this world that just wants to hand you money
Old 06-06-2022, 10:33 PM   #65
iamt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
$600 is still excellent to get down on non-pari-mutuel wagers.

as for the guys that bet the day before, that is pretty risky because they are without the benefit of knowing how the horse is behaving in the paddock and later on the track. in this instance, they got the best of the price. i personally bet on the horses that ran 2nd in both race 2+4. the ones i bet on looked pretty lousy, but now maybe i can give them an excuse because the rail was like lightning.

I've got a a feeling he wasn't cut back to $600 bets, but $600 winnings, so only allowed $100 on a 6-1 shot.

Welcome to fixed odds betting....
iamt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2022, 11:24 PM   #66
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamt View Post
I've got a a feeling he wasn't cut back to $600 bets, but $600 winnings, so only allowed $100 on a 6-1 shot.

Welcome to fixed odds betting....

NFL=No free lunch.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2022, 11:32 PM   #67
iamt

No, and like the sportbooks they're a business protecting their bottom line, not the savior for handicappers like they claim.
Old 06-07-2022, 06:43 AM   #68
biggestal99

Quote:

hearsay evidence is the best evidence.

according to the house rules. that scenario is impossible.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2022, 10:18 AM   #69
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
hearsay evidence is the best evidence.

according to the house rules. that scenario is impossible.

Allan
Allan do you have the house rules somewhere? The law seems to allow for this sort of restriction (see excerpt below) but I couldn’t find the house rules anywhere readily. I thought I had seen posted at the track but may have confused with the rule allowing for review of winnings over certain $ values:

(House rules include) A statement regarding the policy and methods for limiting the maximum amount that a patron can win on any particular wager; however, such policy will not preclude a patron from collecting a payout in excess of the purported amount if the system allows the patron to place a valid wager that pays more than the stated maximum amount;

h) The house rules, together with any other information the Division deems appropriate, shall be conspicuously displayed in the area where wagers are taken, posted on the operator's Internet website, and included in the terms and conditions of the account wagering system. Copies shall be made readily available to patrons.
Old 06-07-2022, 10:41 AM   #70
green80

restricted bettors will just have someone else make bets for them
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2022, 01:45 PM   #71
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80 View Post
restricted bettors will just have someone else make bets for them
they call them beards
Old 06-07-2022, 01:59 PM   #72
green80

seems like this would be next to impossible for the tracks to keep up with these days when bets are made at teller machines that issue vouchers for the winnings.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2022, 02:50 PM   #73
biggestal99

Quote:
Allan do you have the house rules somewhere? The law seems to allow for this sort of restriction (see excerpt below) but I couldn’t find the house rules anywhere readily. I thought I had seen posted at the track but may have confused with the rule allowing for review of winnings over certain $ values:

(House rules include) A statement regarding the policy and methods for limiting the maximum amount that a patron can win on any particular wager; however, such policy will not preclude a patron from collecting a payout in excess of the purported amount if the system allows the patron to place a valid wager that pays more than the stated maximum amount;

h) The house rules, together with any other information the Division deems appropriate, shall be conspicuously displayed in the area where wagers are taken, posted on the operator's Internet website, and included in the terms and conditions of the account wagering system. Copies shall be made readily available to patrons.

here they are:

https://global.racing/wp-content/upl...t-MAY-5-22.pdf

and the appropriate section.

BETTING OBLIGATIONS OF BOOKMAKERS
Any Bookmaker Betting on a racetrack offering Fixed Odds against a horse and conducting face-to-face Betting at a Fixed Odds teller window via cash, is required to accept a Fixed Odds bet in the categories described below up to the maximum amounts for the Bookmaker to lose as specified below, with amounts greater than subject to referral:

Fixed Odds Teller Terminal Only

Monmouth Park Race Meeting
a. In any one win or win/place/show: to lose $2,500 on day of actual race day

“is required”

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2022, 03:10 PM   #74
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
here they are:

https://global.racing/wp-content/upl...t-MAY-5-22.pdf

and the appropriate section.

BETTING OBLIGATIONS OF BOOKMAKERS
Any Bookmaker Betting on a racetrack offering Fixed Odds against a horse and conducting face-to-face Betting at a Fixed Odds teller window via cash, is required to accept a Fixed Odds bet in the categories described below up to the maximum amounts for the Bookmaker to lose as specified below, with amounts greater than subject to referral:

Fixed Odds Teller Terminal Only

Monmouth Park Race Meeting
a. In any one win or win/place/show: to lose $2,500 on day of actual race day

“is required”

Allan
Thank you. Also this:

“And for bets made before race day:
a. prior to the actual race day, betting limits are at the discretion of the operator
b. These amounts are subject to change at the discretion of Judges, Betting Supervisors or Regulators”

I don’t know who the “operator” is- I didn’t see that term defined. So from my read risk of loss > $2,500 is “subject to referral”, whatever that means, if made on race day. If other than race day loss limit is subject to someone’s discretion?
Old 06-07-2022, 04:01 PM   #75
iamt

Yes, there is no minimum limit for bets placed the day before so they could bar that action altogether from a winning player.