Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 07-07-2022, 04:02 PM   #4321
lamboguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston+Ocala
Posts: 22,854
heres one i just bought myself

they are coming in from everywhere on Bed, Bath and Beyond BBBY.

i got in at $5.03, the volume is intense, everyone in the company is buying and the funds are coming in too... i thought this company was bankrupt, or going under.

SOFI finally had a great day with volume up over 6% for the day.. i am sticking with this one waiting for the rumor or $8, whichever comes first. today was the first day that i didn't run into any rugpulls.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2022, 05:15 PM   #4322
geroge.burns99
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
they are coming in from everywhere on Bed, Bath and Beyond BBBY.

i got in at $5.03, the volume is intense, everyone in the company is buying and the funds are coming in too... i thought this company was bankrupt, or going under.

SOFI finally had a great day with volume up over 6% for the day.. i am sticking with this one waiting for the rumor or $8, whichever comes first. today was the first day that i didn't run into any rugpulls.
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2022, 12:10 PM   #4323
geroge.burns99
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,554
With great news on 80,000 cars produced for TESLA in June

just hope Musk keeps his damn mouth shut....
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2022, 07:20 PM   #4324
myohmyjustify
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
With great news on 80,000 cars produced for TESLA in June

just hope Musk keeps his damn mouth shut....

Well Elon opened his mouth today saying he's walking away from his Twitter bid.


Good move by him and once more, he proves he IS a genius.


Twitter is nothing but a scam company managed and run by left wing ideologues and deep state government traitors. Oh yeah, and add millions of bots and phony accounts too.

Hopefully, Twitter and the Board gets sued by all the companies, large and small, that paid high ad rates based on their phony member accounts. Millions of accounts have been dropped since Elon's bid and that tells me all those accounts were bots and not real people.

Elon will be back buying Twitter for a quarter of the market cap it was yesterday.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2022, 01:07 AM   #4325
lamboguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston+Ocala
Posts: 22,854
insider trades

this is the website that i have been using to find the insider trades. in case you guys are getting board with my posting them, and don't like my opinion for only posting the ones that i find interesting, here is the website and you can figure out what to do with the information. its free, but to me anyway, it takes a lot of work to sift out the good ones.


on a another note, Berkshire Hathaway just purchased $700 million worth of Occidental Petroleum shares. personally, i think oil is going to take a big bath now.

http://openinsider.com/

Last edited by lamboguy; 07-09-2022 at 01:09 AM.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2022, 06:33 AM   #4326
geroge.burns99
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
this is the website that i have been using to find the insider trades. in case you guys are getting board with my posting them, and don't like my opinion for only posting the ones that i find interesting, here is the website and you can figure out what to do with the information. its free, but to me anyway, it takes a lot of work to sift out the good ones.


on a another note, Berkshire Hathaway just purchased $700 million worth of Occidental Petroleum shares. personally, i think oil is going to take a big bath now.

http://openinsider.com/
Excellent!!!

But details has these people buying all along...its not just one buy trade

Like RKT...CEO FARMER JAY hes been buying since APRIL

and it hasn't been looking good for him or others

stock down over 50%

Last edited by geroge.burns99; 07-09-2022 at 06:34 AM.
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2022, 10:30 AM   #4327
lamboguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston+Ocala
Posts: 22,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
Excellent!!!

But details has these people buying all along...its not just one buy trade

Like RKT...CEO FARMER JAY hes been buying since APRIL

and it hasn't been looking good for him or others

stock down over 50%
these guys haven't done well, i agree. about a month ago, i was giving out winner after winner here on the long side. so now its become very challenging.
i trade from both sides of the stock, long and short. in the last 2 weeks, i haven't had any follow-through at all, so i am a slight loser. i was a wiseguy yesterday, i had a stock i bought @ $9.15 (stop @ $8.75) looking for $10.72. the stock went to $9.70 then started to pull back. i sold @ $9.40. went back down to $9.03 and then exploded to $11 3 minutes later. i wasn't in.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2022, 10:35 AM   #4328
lamboguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston+Ocala
Posts: 22,854
1 more thing, a lot of the stocks i trade, the shares are hard to borrow and i have to pay $20 for 2000 shares to borrow, whether i go short or not. finding shares to short in small-caps have been very tough to find. that's why i am always looking for different broker-dealers. i am told that Center Point is excellent. on Interactive Brokers, with whom i love, finding shares sometimes take hours and in most cases way to late for me.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2022, 09:18 AM   #4329
lamboguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston+Ocala
Posts: 22,854
Twitter deal

Musk pulls out, stock tanks..

there will be plenty of action on DWAC and PHUN to trade long and short today.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2022, 08:33 AM   #4330
lamboguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston+Ocala
Posts: 22,854
a couple of guys in the congress have been buying Dollar General DG. this is usually a good recession stock. as of now, we aren't technically in a recession, but these guys might know the numbers ahead of time and are going in with the stock.

on another note, on all the stocks i have ever posted, i make sure there is enough cash and other assets in the treasury to pay any note they might have for 6 months to the present date.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2022, 12:09 PM   #4331
geroge.burns99
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
a couple of guys in the congress have been buying Dollar General DG. this is usually a good recession stock. as of now, we aren't technically in a recession, but these guys might know the numbers ahead of time and are going in with the stock.

on another note, on all the stocks i have ever posted, i make sure there is enough cash and other assets in the treasury to pay any note they might have for 6 months to the present date.
recession or not...i'm there every 2 weeks!!!!

geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2022, 12:10 PM   #4332
Tape Reader
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
GREENWICH LIFE GLSI

ROCKET COMPANIES RKT mentioned before here

OVERSEAS SHIPPING GROUP OSG
GLSI. Thanks Lambo.
Tape Reader is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2022, 04:11 PM   #4333
lamboguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston+Ocala
Posts: 22,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tape Reader View Post
GLSI. Thanks Lambo.
i didnt have this beautiful baby, but i am happy you scored with it. it makes me feel good that someone did well with my posts.

i got myself in another rug pull today. i bought HSTO @ $3.98. before i could get my stop in for $3.81 the stock went right to 3.19 and got haulted! i got so pissed off, i doubled down @ $3.27. stock went back up the last 20 minutes and closed @ 3.76...


i really like the stock for big squeeze by Friday after a reverse split comeback.

the comeback is that it regained the price it got reversed split at. i have had some good ones like that prior.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2022, 04:14 PM   #4334
lamboguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston+Ocala
Posts: 22,854
the junior gold minors have gotten, laid, relayed and parlayed the past 6 months. everyone thinks the dollar is going to 120 now,... most people are usually wrong.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2022, 04:21 PM   #4335
letswastemoney
Registered User
 
letswastemoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,141
VOLTA

Does anyone have thoughts on VOLTA (VLTA)? I own 300 shares at $1.62. They are in the electric car charging business, from what I can tell. Some of their stations are present at Krogers.

Can it get to $8 or $9 at some point?
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Do you use energy percentages?
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2022 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.