Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 08-13-2021, 10:24 AM   #2791
FakeNameChanged
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
"There's no way in Hades, that most WFH employees are working as much or as long as they would in the company office. No way."

But they're doing the SAME work...presumably. Whatever needs to get done...will get done...or it will get noticed.

So...the only explanation is, they were UNDERUTILIZED at BOTH office AND home...the only difference is, while at work, they had to WORK HARDER at PRETENDING they were busy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kafq7yrKAOQ
Of course, you are correct. Meetings were my pet peeves, Managers, HR folks, corporate trainers, all want you to attend meetings ad infinitum when you're on site. No need for re-training the workforce to work smarter, leaner, safer, sensitivity training, sexual harassment training, etc. if you're at home.
__________________
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2021, 11:14 AM   #2792
FakeNameChanged
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,126
APPLE

Apple has been compressing for a month, and it looks to me like they're gearing up to make another run. If they break above 150, they make take the NASDAQ along with them. Volume is about half from when it started that last run.

August, seasonally has been the best month for AAPL over the last ten years. And these past two weeks it has not impressed anyone. That doesn't mean it will continue for year eleven.
__________________
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2021, 11:46 AM   #2793
geroge.burns99
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
Apple has been compressing for a month, and it looks to me like they're gearing up to make another run. If they break above 150, they make take the NASDAQ along with them. Volume is about half from when it started that last run.

August, seasonally has been the best month for AAPL over the last ten years. And these past two weeks it has not impressed anyone. That doesn't mean it will continue for year eleven.
Another kick in the arse for the Doomsters.....

They heard you, dropping off day high......been in a sideways mode for a while...

Last edited by geroge.burns99; 08-13-2021 at 11:49 AM.
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2021, 10:55 AM   #2794
lamboguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston+Ocala
Posts: 22,854
gold smackdown

Gold COT Report - Futures
Large Speculators Commercial Total
Long Short Spreading Long Short Long Short
277,260 108,854 27,767 124,720 320,361 429,747 456,982
Change from Prior Reporting Period
4,117 32,046 -11,813 3,371 -32,272 -4,325 -12,039
Traders
171 65 70 49 53 246 165
Small Speculators
Long Short Open Interest
47,485 20,250 477,232
-4,106 3,608 -8,431
non reportable positions Change from the previous reporting period
COT Gold Report - Positions as of Tuesday, August 10, 2021


last Sunday night, someone walked up to the window and put up $4 billion dollars to short gold.. this turned out to be someone or a group of someones that were naked short 32,272 contracts. they covered all those contracts and bought back enough to be long 3371 new contracts.

this move has worked every single time in gold for the past 20 years. right now it looks like the bankers have a small long position.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2021, 03:01 PM   #2795
FakeNameChanged
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
Apple has been compressing for a month, and it looks to me like they're gearing up to make another run. If they break above 150, they make take the NASDAQ along with them. Volume is about half from when it started that last run.

August, seasonally has been the best month for AAPL over the last ten years. And these past two weeks it has not impressed anyone. That doesn't mean it will continue for year eleven.
AAPL, down almost 3 bucks earlier today, now up a buck-fifty. It's over 150, on good volume; the last two weeks to make August the best month over the last 12 years, I said eleven above, and that was wrong.

I think this could be the catalyst to get the QQQ's back in black, if Apple can sustain a run.
__________________
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2021, 03:14 PM   #2796
geroge.burns99
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
AAPL, down almost 3 bucks earlier today, now up a buck-fifty. It's over 150, on good volume; the last two weeks to make August the best month over the last 12 years, I said eleven above, and that was wrong.

I think this could be the catalyst to get the QQQ's back in black, if Apple can sustain a run.
It went that way early...

at 9am ...down $400

at 10 ...down $1200

then BOOM.....positive country

i guess it was profiteers in the morning....

With APPL ...hold on till it closes over 150.....its testing it once again
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2021, 07:37 PM   #2797
myohmyjustify
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 668
When Apple was $123 someone posted on here to get out because Wellington sold off a lot of their Apple holdings. That wasn't too long ago and now Apple is up about $25 since that post.


I am sure the poster meant well but it was a real bad call, imo.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2021, 07:54 PM   #2798
lamboguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston+Ocala
Posts: 22,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
When Apple was $123 someone posted on here to get out because Wellington sold off a lot of their Apple holdings. That wasn't too long ago and now Apple is up about $25 since that post.


I am sure the poster meant well but it was a real bad call, imo.
it was me, and I am often wrong! but so aren't most of us, so the game comes down to managing your money properly... this game is about predicting what someone else is going to do, not what you can do! that borders on the lines of being a mind reader. It's the same thing in horse race betting, but with horses, you have to predict what the horse may or may not do!
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2021, 08:07 PM   #2799
geroge.burns99
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
When Apple was $123 someone posted on here to get out because Wellington sold off a lot of their Apple holdings. That wasn't too long ago and now Apple is up about $25 since that post.


I am sure the poster meant well but it was a real bad call, imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
it was me, and I am often wrong! but so aren't most of us, so the game comes down to managing your money properly... this game is about predicting what someone else is going to do, not what you can do! that borders on the lines of being a mind reader. It's the same thing in horse race betting, but with horses, you have to predict what the horse may or may not do!

Apple should be hitting a new high after this break out.....

Doesn't matter if you sold it , you could buy again and STILL be happy

I hope do better with stocks than my horse pickin's
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2021, 10:53 PM   #2800
FakeNameChanged
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
Apple should be hitting a new high after this break out.....

Doesn't matter if you sold it , you could buy again and STILL be happy

I hope do better with stocks than my horse pickin's
Uh, that new high happened today. But using two different methods that I use, it looks like 169 to 172 near term. All insiders have been selling for the past year; to a contrarian, that's a bullish sign.

I still think Apple leads the Nasdaq back to another bullish cycle.

I heard this afternoon, that some hedge fund guy?(can't remember name) has taken out a huge short on Kathy Wood's ARKK fund, which is heavy technology. Her biggest holding by far is Tesla. That investigation on their self driving technology and potential lawsuits looks like it may be a good contrarian play to go long after the dust settles a little.
__________________
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2021, 11:00 PM   #2801
geroge.burns99
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
Uh, that new high happened today. But using two different methods that I use, it looks like 169 to 172 near term. All insiders have been selling for the past year; to a contrarian, that's a bullish sign.

I still think Apple leads the Nasdaq back to another bullish cycle.

I heard this afternoon, that some hedge fund guy?(can't remember name) has taken out a huge short on Kathy Wood's ARKK fund, which is heavy technology. Her biggest holding by far is Tesla. That investigation on their self driving technology and potential lawsuits looks like it may be a good contrarian play to go long after the dust settles a little.
From your mouth to everyone's ears....

When are they going realize driverless cars dont think about the other guy

Just imagine how much road kill we'll see

Mike

PS- Kathy Wood will get the last laugh

Last edited by geroge.burns99; 08-16-2021 at 11:02 PM.
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2021, 11:23 PM   #2802
FakeNameChanged
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
From your mouth to everyone's ears....

When are they going realize driverless cars dont think about the other guy

Just imagine how much road kill we'll see

Mike

PS- Kathy Wood will get the last laugh
Hey geroge, maybe this one went unnoticed: AAPL Contrarian call on June 2nd @ $124- in the Contrarian thread.
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...pl#post2737422 #279

I swing trade AAPL regularly, primarily because it's been a long time momentum leader for the whole market. It's somewhat battered recently, and I've seen a couple of print articles and talking heads saying it's no longer the leader in the tech sector. It's down about $20 since its high in late Jan. A few talking heads have even suggested that Cook's recent association with Trump was causing the choppy downward or sideways spiral. I think AAPL with be the mother of contrarian plays when it gets its footing.


But really I pay almost no mind, to predictions, even my own. Just ride the momentum until it stops.
__________________
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-17-2021, 07:40 AM   #2803
geroge.burns99
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
Hey geroge, maybe this one went unnoticed: AAPL Contrarian call on June 2nd @ $124- in the Contrarian thread.
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...pl#post2737422 #279

I swing trade AAPL regularly, primarily because it's been a long time momentum leader for the whole market. It's somewhat battered recently, and I've seen a couple of print articles and talking heads saying it's no longer the leader in the tech sector. It's down about $20 since its high in late Jan. A few talking heads have even suggested that Cook's recent association with Trump was causing the choppy downward or sideways spiral. I think AAPL with be the mother of contrarian plays when it gets its footing.


But really I pay almost no mind, to predictions, even my own. Just ride the momentum until it stops.
your better off!!
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-17-2021, 08:04 AM   #2804
lamboguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston+Ocala
Posts: 22,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
Apple should be hitting a new high after this break out.....

Doesn't matter if you sold it , you could buy again and STILL be happy

I hope do better with stocks than my horse pickin's
i haven't owned aapl since the day it was an IPO. i had 100 shares of the stock at $20 and sold it @ $23!

the best one I had and never made any money on was EMC. i held 500 shares for 5 years and the thing never moved, I sold it to buy Western Digital, WDC went down and EMC kept doubling and splitting for the next 15 years.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-17-2021, 08:39 AM   #2805
geroge.burns99
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i haven't owned aapl since the day it was an IPO. i had 100 shares of the stock at $20 and sold it @ $23!

the best one I had and never made any money on was EMC. i held 500 shares for 5 years and the thing never moved, I sold it to buy Western Digital, WDC went down and EMC kept doubling and splitting for the next 15 years.
Feb 2019 , I had an IRA with $53,000 in it for about 30 years.....

There were 5 funds that gained shit over time....

I decided to sell 3 and bought ETF's and 121 shares Apple

Its now at $127,000....even the ETF's are at over 85%

I was 62 at the time and said what the F am I going to do with 53 thousand when I retire.....now I can enjoy a few more hot dogs...

Mike
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Do you use energy percentages?
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2022 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.