Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-09-2022, 03:27 PM   #46
cj
@TimeformUSfigs
 
cj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 46,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
They had a nice crowd on Sunday also, at least until the heat started wearing some people out. The line was only 3 deep for a $23 corn beef sandwich in the grandstand. Am I supposed to include that in my ROI because eating and drinking tipped me negative for the day?
I stopped eating and drinking at the track long ago. Even now when I'm not as thrifty as I needed to be in my earlier days, I can't bring myself to pay the prices. The same goes at sporting events. I go to nearly every Thunder game and probably don't spend $100 a year on concessions.

The one exception I would still make would be Garden State Park pizza, but alas...
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2022, 04:36 PM   #47
Brass Hat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 52
We have breakfast at the Latham 76 diner. A combo omelet with a side of corn beef hash keeps me satisfied until dinner. Never eat at the track, except, years ago, used to get a meal at the West Indian stand at Belmont and eat it on a picnic table on the apron before the races. Closed, too bad.
Brass Hat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2022, 08:07 PM   #48
classhandicapper
Registered User
 
classhandicapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 18,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I stopped eating and drinking at the track long ago. Even now when I'm not as thrifty as I needed to be in my earlier days, I can't bring myself to pay the prices. The same goes at sporting events. I go to nearly every Thunder game and probably don't spend $100 a year on concessions.

The one exception I would still make would be Garden State Park pizza, but alas...
I'm typically like you. I've always had a soft spot for the Manhattan clam chowder, but it was just too hot out.
__________________
"Unlearning is the highest form of learning"
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-10-2022, 07:49 AM   #49
Tom
The Voice of Reason!
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Canandaigua, New york
Posts: 108,340
I remember sitting on that bench around the corner eating a bowl of that chowder, drenched in sweat, and loving it.
__________________
Who does the Racing Form Detective like in this one?
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-10-2022, 09:33 AM   #50
Suff
Beat up 💪
 
Suff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Beach life in Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 11,821
Effective immediately

No reason provided.

Quote:
NYRA is not accepting horses stabled at Delaware Park or race and returns from NYRA to Delaware until further notice.
__________________
Here for entertainment.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-10-2022, 02:39 PM   #51
ScottJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post
No reason provided.
Any time you see a ban like this, it has to be a herpes virus call. Simply put, there is just too much at stake for NYRA to take the chance if there is a hint of the virus.

https://www.horseracingnation.com/ne..._suspicion_123
ScottJ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2022, 03:38 PM   #52
Tom
The Voice of Reason!
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Canandaigua, New york
Posts: 108,340
Trending still.....the video continues to be terrible. Camera angles totally amaturist, when two horses are head to head on the backstretch, it looks they are 2 lengths apart. The chicklettes are way off from the voice and don't show up every race. Very poor job by NYRA. Aquedrab in February is FAR better presented.
__________________
Who does the Racing Form Detective like in this one?
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2022, 04:02 PM   #53
classhandicapper
Registered User
 
classhandicapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 18,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Trending still.....the video continues to be terrible. Camera angles totally amaturist, when two horses are head to head on the backstretch, it looks they are 2 lengths apart. The chicklettes are way off from the voice and don't show up every race. Very poor job by NYRA. Aquedrab in February is FAR better presented.
I don't how it all works, but I've found some of the head on shots frustrating when I'm trying to see how for off the rail a horse is. Part of the shot will be blocked by a tree or something and then as soon as I'm about to get the view I need it cuts to another angle.
__________________
"Unlearning is the highest form of learning"
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2022, 04:21 PM   #54
Tom
The Voice of Reason!
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Canandaigua, New york
Posts: 108,340
I wonder who directs the video production?

__________________
Who does the Racing Form Detective like in this one?

Last edited by Tom; 08-12-2022 at 04:22 PM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2022, 03:42 PM   #55
Cholly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 903
Here's a Saratoga trend:

Through the first five weeks of the meet, trainer Robbie Davis is winning at a 50% clip, for a $2 win bet ROI of 12,750%.
Cholly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2022, 12:14 AM   #56
ranchwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: near Lone Star Park
Posts: 4,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cholly View Post
Here's a Saratoga trend:

Through the first five weeks of the meet, trainer Robbie Davis is winning at a 50% clip, for a $2 win bet ROI of 12,750%.
Yes, 1 for 2 with a $51 winner.
__________________
Ranch West
Equine Performance Analyst
ranchwest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2022, 10:13 AM   #57
metro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I don't how it all works, but I've found some of the head on shots frustrating when I'm trying to see how for off the rail a horse is. Part of the shot will be blocked by a tree or something and then as soon as I'm about to get the view I need it cuts to another angle.
Did they have to change some of the longstanding locales for their cameras because of the new construction, especially the clubhouse turn?
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2022, 10:50 AM   #58
grant miller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 181
here is my saratoga trend -too many maiden clamers on the turf !
grant miller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2022, 01:10 PM   #59
Tom
The Voice of Reason!
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Canandaigua, New york
Posts: 108,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant miller View Post
here is my saratoga trend -too many maiden clamers on the turf !
Prepping for the Molassas Stakes later in the meet.
__________________
Who does the Racing Form Detective like in this one?
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2022, 04:17 PM   #60
ranchwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: near Lone Star Park
Posts: 4,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant miller View Post
here is my saratoga trend -too many maiden clamers on the turf !
There are not many non-maiden non-stakes non-7f dirt races. They card a lot of races that are not common fare at other tracks.
__________________
Ranch West
Equine Performance Analyst
ranchwest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Do you use energy percentages?
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2022 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.