Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-14-2022, 08:35 AM   #16
davew

thank goodness Bidens group is negotiating with Iran to see how much money we should give them to make a nuclear bomb
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2022, 12:06 PM   #17
TJDave

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...alk-agent-says

Salman Rushdie’s “road to recovery has begun” but “will be long” after his stabbing in western New York late last week, his agent has said.

“The injuries are severe,” the agent, Andrew Wylie, said Sunday in an email to the Guardian, alluding to stab wounds that the author suffered to his neck, stomach, eye, chest and thigh two days earlier. “But his condition is headed in the right direction.”

The elder Rushdie had 10 knife injuries: three stab wounds to the right front of his neck, another four to his stomach, one each to his right eye and chest and a cut to his right thigh. He emerged with a damaged liver and severed nerves in an arm and an eye, Wylie said on Friday evening. He was likely to lose the injured eye.
Old 08-14-2022, 02:14 PM   #18
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

What happened to Rushdie isn't unlike what is happening to lots of people (although not as severe PHYSICALLY, of course) who speak out against "orthodoxy" in a number of different arenas these days.

Don't kid yourself and think this is some sort of lunatic extreme outlier.

The end results are the same. Your life will never be the same just because of something you said that a certain group found blasphemous.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 08-14-2022 at 02:15 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2022, 02:28 PM   #19
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
What happened to Rushdie isn't unlike what is happening to lots of people (although not as severe PHYSICALLY, of course) who speak out against "orthodoxy" in a number of different arenas these days.

Don't kid yourself and think this is some sort of lunatic extreme outlier.

The end results are the same. Your life will never be the same just because of something you said that a certain group found blasphemous.
Are you familiar with his history?

Rushdie spent ten years in hiding.
Old 08-14-2022, 02:41 PM   #20
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Are you familiar with his history?

Rushdie spent ten years in hiding.
I am very familiar with the whole thing. Remember it all back when it first happened.

The South Park guys have to be shaking in their boots now.
Old 08-14-2022, 03:16 PM   #21
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakorum Kabbage View Post
Let's add that the attacker is a 24yo man who was born in the US and is from New Jersey. His parents are Lebanese.
I notice you did not claim his parents are Americans of Lebanese descent... That raised their son to love the Country that opened it arms to them.

Quote:
Matar's social media accounts showed sympathy for Shiite extremism and the Iranian Revolutionary Guards.

L'Orient-Le Jour contacted two Hezbollah officials on Saturday morning, both of whom refused to comment on the affair.

On Saturday morning, the conservative Iranian press also hailed the assailant. The main ultra-conservative Iranian daily, Kayhan, congratulated the man who stabbed the author of "Satanic Verses", the target for more than 30 years of a fatwa from Iran.

"Congratulations to this brave and duty-conscious man who attacked the apostate and vicious Salman Rushdie," writes the newspaper, whose boss is appointed by Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. "Let us kiss the hand of him who tore the neck of the enemy
I guess Facebook,Twitter... FBI... DOJ where to concerned about rooting out and flagging Trump supporting Christians PTA meeting attendees and WhuFlu disinformation... to look into postings from a radical Muslim that supported Shiite extremist and IRG. Cause hey he's a good Democrat... hell bet he voted for Briben more then a few times in 2020.
Old 08-14-2022, 03:18 PM   #22
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

This (Rushdie attack) is obviously just more of your Trump MAGA right-wing extremist terrorism that is destroying our democracy and is the biggest threat our country faces right now.

Again, obviously...
Old 08-14-2022, 04:14 PM   #23
Inner Dirt

This brings up another question of mine liberals can never seen to answer or at least answer in a method that makes anything close to sense. Republicans are allowed to answer if they can come up with something.

We all know Democrats, liberals or whatever you want to call them get all over people who stereotype Muslims or condemn their religion. Their religion definitely oppresses women and has a very negative view of homosexuality.

In the same breath they will be all over condemning a Christian owned bakery
for refusing to bake a custom gay themed wedding cake. A lot of them made absurd comments like they were pulling a Jim Crow south type discrimination. They were just refusing a custom service that was against their political beliefs. It was a set-up anyway, no change the gay couple could not find a gay friendly bakery.

So back when that was all the rage I shared a true life story of mine to a website I do longer go to, owned by liberals and policed by biased liberals.
I was at a customer dropping off parts I made for a custom install for an automobile charging system upgrade and high end stereo install.

I arrived, the customer was already there, this guy sees what he is getting

and is impressed with the quality. The guy then asked if I could look at some designs he has for various automobile accessories, wants to know cost, etc,etc.

The only thing that keeps me somewhat polite is he is a customer of a customer and my share of the bill is $1500 of stuff that went under the hood. Everyone of his designs is all racist crap. I first told him I stay out of

producing anything that could draw negative attention to myself and someone who put that stuff on their vehicle makes themselves a target.

To me I did the same thing the Christian baker did, I refused to make a custom item I did not agree with because of my beliefs.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply