Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-12-2022, 10:28 AM   #256
Karakorum Kabbage
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Still can't figure out why Saul looked so angry in the booth two episodes back...what they showed in this latest episode didn't seem to lend itself to that kind of outburst...
Nice to see you have as good of a handle on this show as you do everything else

Maybe this will help:

Karakorum Kabbage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2022, 10:38 AM   #257
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakorum Kabbage View Post
Nice to see you have as good of a handle on this show as you do everything else

Maybe this will help:

https://youtu.be/Nd_u8jvixuE
Fuck off. I saw that scene. That's what generated my comment.

Nowhere during the call in the last episode do we hear Saul get super angry. And she ends it by telling him she's glad he is still alive. Is that what made him go ape shit and kick in the phone booth?

I love how you can't dial it back at all, no matter the topic. Even a fucking TV show and you can't be anything but a total dick.
Old 08-12-2022, 10:48 AM   #258
Karakorum Kabbage
Veteran

Quote:
Fuck off. I saw that scene. That's what generated my comment.

Nowhere during the call in the last episode do we hear Saul get super angry. And she ends it by telling him she's glad he is still alive. Is that what made him go ape shit and kick in the phone booth?

I love how you can't dial it back at all, no matter the topic. Even a fucking TV show and you can't be anything but a total dick.
The link I posted is a combined two scenes. Saul's reaction after Kim hangs up on him is his frustration exploding, not sure why that needs to be explained.

You've been on a crazed perma-tilt around here for the better part of years, so spare me your whining about other people's attitudes.
Old 08-12-2022, 10:51 AM   #259
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
The link I posted is a combined two scenes. Saul's reaction after Kim hangs up on him is his frustration exploding, not sure why that needs to be explained.
Frustration at what, exactly? They hadn't spoken in what, 6+ years? He's the one who told her "have a nice life" after they signed the papers.

And now he's expecting what? An outpouring of emotion and love from Kim? What exactly was he expecting that got him so pissed off that he didn't get?

I stand by my opinion that the scene didn't make much sense from Saul's perspective.

But continue dragging your baggage in here from the political threads. It's a good look.
Old 08-12-2022, 11:21 AM   #260
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I had a hard time buying into the “new Kim”

No matter the plain Jane black n white footage.

Her character was a much more intelligent being who would never be attracted to Jim Bob the Boyfriend.

The whole sprinkler system office gal was a little much too
Old 08-12-2022, 12:18 PM   #261
Karakorum Kabbage
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
I had a hard time buying into the “new Kim”

No matter the plain Jane black n white footage.

Her character was a much more intelligent being who would never be attracted to Jim Bob the Boyfriend.
You and PA should host a clinic on missing the point.

Kim was totally immersed in a character of her own guilt-ridden creation, designed primarily as a constraint and punishment for herself.

"Jim Bob" was part of that.
Old 08-12-2022, 09:25 PM   #262
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
You and PA should host a clinic on missing the point.

Kim was totally immersed in a character of her own guilt-ridden creation, designed primarily as a constraint and punishment for herself.

"Jim Bob" was part of that.
I get that. But it was almost cliche………way overdone
Old 08-15-2022, 11:42 AM   #263
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

I see only two outcomes for the finale tonight.

Saul dies (either by his own hand or the cops - most likely by his own hand) or he eludes capture. He can no longer afford the "vaccuum guy" so I'm not sure how he would escape.
No way he's going to accept getting captured and going to jail. It's not in his nature. If he's captured and extradited back to New Mexico, I think he would get killed in prison...and he knows that.

Most likely scenario for me is that he's cornered somewhere (holed up in a hotel room maybe) with no way out, and he offs himself. His existence has become drab & unfulfilling, and Kim has clearly closed the door to any reconciliation. He really has nothing to live for.

Then again, they've said all along during this series, "it's not gonna turn out the way you think"...should be a great finale!
Old 08-15-2022, 12:22 PM   #264
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post

Saul dies (either by his own hand or the cops - most likely by his own hand) or he eludes capture. He can no longer afford the "vaccuum guy" so I'm not sure how he would escape.
No way he's going to accept getting captured and going to jail. It's not in his nature. If he's captured and extradited back to New Mexico, I think he would get killed in prison...and he knows that.

Most likely scenario for me is that he's cornered somewhere (holed up in a hotel room maybe) with no way out, and he offs himself. His existence has become drab & unfulfilling, and Kim has clearly closed the door to any reconciliation. He really has nothing to live for.

Then again, they've said all along during this series, "it's not gonna turn out the way you think"...should be a great finale!
I played along on forecasting the finale to Breaking Bad, which was a bit easier, seeing that Walt was already terminal.
I thought and said a couple of weeks ago, that the Producer/writer for BCS was setting this ending up for yet another sequel. Why kill the golden goose? I think Saul lives and creates yet another criminal enterprise, maybe even a criminal empire. Still Bad. Either way, I'll watch and go with the flow. Like Ralph, I wasn't quite getting Kim's transformation but thought it was a setup for her saying to herself, 'Screw this sprinkler girl BS, I'm going back to Jimmie'. Or maybe everyone goes down in a hail of bullets.
Old 08-15-2022, 12:40 PM   #265
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
I played along on forecasting the finale to Breaking Bad, which was a bit easier, seeing that Walt was already terminal.
I thought and said a couple of weeks ago, that the Producer/writer for BCS was setting this ending up for yet another sequel. Why kill the golden goose? I think Saul lives and creates yet another criminal enterprise, maybe even a criminal empire. Still Bad. Either way, I'll watch and go with the flow. Like Ralph, I wasn't quite getting Kim's transformation but thought it was a setup for her saying to herself, 'Screw this sprinkler girl BS, I'm going back to Jimmie'. Or maybe everyone goes down in a hail of bullets.
Interesting take...I'm hoping you're right and Saul does survive (and thrive again).
Would be nice to see Kim 'break bad' again and reunite with Saul
That would make for a great final scene. Those two sort of riding off into the sunset.
Old 08-15-2022, 03:59 PM   #266
Richie

Quote:
Interesting take...I'm hoping you're right and Saul does survive (and thrive again).
Would be nice to see Kim 'break bad' again and reunite with Saul
That would make for a great final scene. Those two sort of riding off into the sunset.
like thelma and louise
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2022, 10:57 PM   #267
Longshot6977

Spoiler Alert!

If you don't like spoilers, then stop reading. The final episode just ended. 86 years in New Mexico prison, really? I'm not sure I understand the part where he generously got 7 (8?) years by the Feds, then stood up and confessed more crimes. The judge even said it was the most lenient sentence she ever saw in her 22 years on the bench. Saul then got himself 86 years.

Maybe he really wanted to show remorse for everything and wanted what he truly deserved. It was nice seeing Kim again. At least the other prisoners will (probably) respect him since they now realize he is the "Better Call Saul" guy and is on their side. The bus ride had me worried for a bit.
And now Bob Odenkirk has a new series as well as Giancarlo Esposito(Gus Fring). Good for them both. Should be two good series.
Longshot6977 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2022, 11:19 PM   #268
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The show ended as it existed...
Old 08-16-2022, 05:35 AM   #269
TJDave

Quote:
The show ended as it existed...
Well put.

A tragic character.
Old 08-16-2022, 08:08 AM   #270
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:

Well, that was wrong