Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-08-2022, 10:07 AM   #31
the little guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarchCapper View Post
For semantics' and clarity's sake, if AA had said "Wasn't just people, it was *a* high profile trainer" or "it was some trainers [article headline], including a pretty high profile one" what tack does the response thread take? To be fair, the response above does seem to deflect in the other direction a little, as if Todd Pletcher saying what he did isn't noteworthy or weighty at all vis-a-vis the internet whinings of a few of us BDHs (old Dave Feldman readers, anyone?).

I think we all know that track maintenance is a tricky thing with constantly changing conditions and there are some pretty impressive track men out there - Glen Kozak being one of the best. I think we also know the input of trainers in these matters isn't ignored. Maybe that is all that needs to be said.
I understand you are trying to be "the nice guy" and that's cool. I also don't have a problem with Andy. I think his enthusiasm is great. He and I don't have to agree. Who cares if we do or not. The point here is that one extremely legitimate voice, Todd Pletcher, voiced some reasonable questions and planned to talk to Glen. I'm confident they had a productive conversation.

Let's not pretend I had not read Grening's article before ever posting in this thread. That would be preposterous. Let's also not pretend that I am unaware of the entire situation. That would be even more ridiculous. The problem is a constant "chicken little" attitude here, and on social media, that does nothing to help and much to hurt. It's a preponderance of false information inflaming situations ( and I'm not talking about just racing ).
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2022, 10:10 AM   #32
Andy Asaro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 4,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
I'm not wrong and I want to know who the high profile trainer was besides Todd. It's a fair question given your claim.

There wasn't one, that's why you deflected.

You have little to no idea what actually goes on here. You can pretend you do all you want, apparently that's what the internet is for, but it doesn't change things.
Look, your petty bullshit is tiresome. You come on here and belittle people all the the time and when you're wrong you don't want to admit so you go on and on about bullshit. The people who you gave a hard time to probably read the same article. Give it up with this nonsense
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2022, 10:11 AM   #33
Andy Asaro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 4,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarchCapper View Post
For semantics' and clarity's sake, if AA had said "Wasn't just people, it was *a* high profile trainer" or "it was some trainers [article headline], including a pretty high profile one" what tack does the response thread take? To be fair, the response above does seem to deflect in the other direction a little, as if Todd Pletcher saying what he did isn't noteworthy or weighty at all vis-a-vis the internet whinings of a few of us BDHs (old Dave Feldman readers, anyone?).

I think we all know that track maintenance is a tricky thing with constantly changing conditions and there are some pretty impressive track men out there - Glen Kozak being one of the best. I think we also know the input of trainers in these matters isn't ignored. Maybe that is all that needs to be said.
Forget it with this guy. He gets off on pettiness. The guy is a top on air analyst on a national show and he has some need to belittle people all the time. It's unbelievable really
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2022, 10:41 AM   #34
the little guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
Look, your petty bullshit is tiresome. You come on here and belittle people all the the time and when you're wrong you don't want to admit so you go on and on about bullshit. The people who you gave a hard time to probably read the same article. Give it up with this nonsense
I don't belittle people in the slightest. In fact, I do the opposite. You are lashing out because you don't like when people with credibility call out your BS. You know this, I know this, and so do MANY others.

Rock on Andy.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2022, 10:45 AM   #35
Andy Asaro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 4,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
I don't belittle people in the slightest. In fact, I do the opposite. You are lashing out because you don't like when people with credibility call out your BS. You know this, I know this, and so do MANY others.

Rock on Andy.
Post of the year. You can't make it up
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2022, 11:22 AM   #36
classhandicapper
Registered User
 
classhandicapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 18,807
Quote:
SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. -- Some horsemen have expressed concern with Saratoga’s main track, specifically that the inside is too deep in the stretch, but is not that way on the backside.
Setting aside the debate about the track, I thought this was far and away the most valuable sentence in the article for horseplayers. In almost every discussion about bias here and on Twitter for the last GOD knows how many years I always make a point of saying that tracks aren’t uniform. IMO you should think of biases in terms of sections of the track. I think an endless number of biases are missed or misdiagnosed because people think in terms of the rail being uniform around the track. I typically think in terms of the turn and stretch as separate components and find plenty of days where I think the turn is clearly biased but the stretch is not. However, over the years I’ve even seen days where the turn seems neutral and the stretch is heavily biased. It happens. And as gamblers, IMO it’s worth the extra time.
__________________
"Unlearning is the highest form of learning"

Last edited by classhandicapper; 08-08-2022 at 11:31 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2022, 11:24 AM   #37
Andy Asaro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 4,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I thought this was far and away the most valuable sentence in the article for horseplayers. In almost every discussion about bias here and on Twitter for the last GOD knows how many years I always make a point of saying that tracks arenít uniform. IMO you should think of biases in terms of sections of the track. I think an endless number of biases are missed or misdiagnosed because people think in terms of the rail being uniform around the track. I typically think in terms of the turn and stretch as separate components and find loads of days where the turn is clearly biased but the stretch is not. However, over the years Iíve seen days where the turn seems neutral and the stretch is heavily biased.
At Saratoga with all the weather they have it's almost impossible to keep it consistent. I guess the best thing to do when you hear this is to upgrade horses who ran during that period against the bias.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2022, 12:12 PM   #38
classhandicapper
Registered User
 
classhandicapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 18,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
At Saratoga with all the weather they have it's almost impossible to keep it consistent. I guess the best thing to do when you hear this is to upgrade horses who ran during that period against the bias.
As long as the track is safe Iím OK with occasionally biases, fast tracks, slow tracks etcÖ NYRAís record on safety is great.

Iím a horseplayer. I donít mind biases, especially if people misdiagnose what was actually going on on a specific day. It creates potential betting opportunities with real value as long as I donít screw up too often myself.

The only downside from my perspective as a fan is that I like to see top horses separate themselves without the track being a factor. But even when a track is especially hard and fast, deep and slow, biased etc.. the truly great ones show it by winning and running fast despite the track. Thatís one way we know they are great.
__________________
"Unlearning is the highest form of learning"
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2022, 01:23 PM   #39
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 78,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
Post of the year. You can't make it up
Is it possible to belittle someone who actually deserves it?

Therefore, is it actually belittling? I think not.
__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2022, 01:33 PM   #40
Sheffwed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 57
Just Imagine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
Post of the year. You can't make it up
Imagine if NYRA had a smart, nice women in the role of lead handicapper at Saratoga

Would be better than that ridiculous Best Housewives promotion they had, and a real way to appeal to an important demographic at Saratoga and show they were more with the times

How many people would qualify with a blank piece of paper?

Caton Bradar comes to mind, Gabby Gaudet would be perfect, I could go on

But no, we get the 2nd Avenue Deli
Sheffwed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2022, 01:35 PM   #41
Andy Asaro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 4,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheffwed View Post
Imagine if NYRA had a smart, nice women in the role of lead handicapper at Saratoga

Would be better than that ridiculous Best Housewives promotion they had, and a real way to appeal to an important demographic at Saratoga and show they were more with the times

How many people would qualify with a blank piece of paper?

Caton Bradar comes to mind, Gabby Gaudet would be perfect, I could go on

But no, we get the 2nd Avenue Deli
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2022, 01:35 PM   #42
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 78,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheffwed View Post
Imagine if NYRA had a smart, nice women in the role of lead handicapper at Saratoga

Would be better than that ridiculous Best Housewives promotion they had, and a real way to appeal to an important demographic at Saratoga and show they were more with the times

How many people would qualify with a blank piece of paper?

Caton Bradar comes to mind, Gabby Gaudet would be perfect, I could go on

But no, we get the 2nd Avenue Deli
BINGO

There it is

That's EXACTLY why Andy gets most of the shit he gets

Because he's Jewish

THANK YOU for being not only anti-Semitic, but honest as well. It's a breath of fresh air all the other Serling haters could stand to live up to...but they don't have the meaty balls like you do.
__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2022, 01:36 PM   #43
Andy Asaro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 4,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
BINGO

There it is

That's EXACTLY why Andy gets most of the shit he gets

Because he's Jewish

THANK YOU for being not only anti-Semitic, but honest as well. It's a breath of fresh air all the other Serling haters could stand to live up to...but they don't have the meaty balls like you do.
I thought he was referring to Stabile.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2022, 01:36 PM   #44
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 78,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
You're one of the most guilty.
__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2022, 01:37 PM   #45
Andy Asaro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 4,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
You're one of the most guilty.
Most guilty of what?
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Do you use energy percentages?
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2022 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.