Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-05-2022, 12:37 PM   #1
metro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 355
Twin Spires bogus email promos

Anyone else get emails last week from Twin Spires about wagering promos? Ones that stated if you bet $100 over a 7 day period they will credit your account $20.

I did and though I'm not an active Twin Spires user thought I would use them last Saturday for some of my play. Anyway, I opted in, played like $150 using their site and, as of today, six days later, still have yet to receive a credit.

Emailed them Tuesday, they asked that I forward them the email about the promo (as if they didn't know what I was referring to), which I did, three days later and still no credit.

It's petty shit like this that keeps me from using their site on a regular basis, as I've gone through similar things with them in the past.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2022, 01:15 PM   #2
BarchCapper
Registered User
 
BarchCapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Clarksville, AR
Posts: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by metro View Post
Anyone else get emails last week from Twin Spires about wagering promos? Ones that stated if you bet $100 over a 7 day period they will credit your account $20.

I did and though I'm not an active Twin Spires user thought I would use them last Saturday for some of my play. Anyway, I opted in, played like $150 using their site and, as of today, six days later, still have yet to receive a credit.

Emailed them Tuesday, they asked that I forward them the email about the promo (as if they didn't know what I was referring to), which I did, three days later and still no credit.

It's petty shit like this that keeps me from using their site on a regular basis, as I've gone through similar things with them in the past.
Not a TwinSpires customer, so can't help you specifically there, however ..

You may not have made any of these - but a lot of times the small print will say "show wagering will not count".

I had one small issue with a NYRABets promo one time - (they are VERY customer service responsive with their promos in my general experience) - turns out the promo email said (in the fine print) you had to make the wager through the app to get the bonus. I had made mine using the website.

Good luck to you in getting yours!
__________________
Tom in NW Arkansas
——————
”Past performances are no guarantee of future results.” - Why isn't this disclaimer printed in the Daily Racing Form?
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2022, 05:19 AM   #3
HottalkersinKY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: KENTUCKY
Posts: 106
I had the same problem with one of their trifecta bonus plays never got paid
but i used my desk top to make that play.So the next time i played one of their contests i used my phone and their app and got paid.I got the 100 for 20
and used the app and as soon as i hit 100 i got the 20.Hopefully this helps your problem.
HottalkersinKY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2022, 10:13 AM   #4
Michael
Registered User
 
Michael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 495
I blow a fuse every time I try to deal with Twinspires via text.

My recommendation is to always just call to get things sorted out. Their employees are great for the most part.* If you're well spoken they can't pull the nonsense that they do through email or in client chat.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2022, 11:05 AM   #5
geroge.burns99
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
I blow a fuse every time I try to deal with Twinspires via text.

My recommendation is to always just call to get things sorted out. Their employees are great for the most part.* If you're well spoken they can't pull the nonsense that they do through email or in client chat.
You mean they are not Indian answering the phone....
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2022, 11:15 AM   #6
Michael
Registered User
 
Michael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
You mean they are not Indian answering the phone....
I've always disliked dealing with twinspires... the whole re-design of their user interface drove me crazy. Only to end up arguing with the droid that posts here defending twinspires. (I forget his name but he works for them)

Been with Twinspires for over 15 years and I call stikes and balls in life. They've always been good if I call them over the phone to sort things out. It's only when they're allowed to hide behind a computer and not speak in person is when things get out of hand.

Every once in a while they'll email and ask "how likely are you to recommend twinspires"

No, just no... I will not recommend twinspires to anyone at this point. Their user interface is terrible.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2022, 12:58 PM   #7
metro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarchCapper View Post
Not a TwinSpires customer, so can't help you specifically there, however ..

You may not have made any of these - but a lot of times the small print will say "show wagering will not count".

I had one small issue with a NYRABets promo one time - (they are VERY customer service responsive with their promos in my general experience) - turns out the promo email said (in the fine print) you had to make the wager through the app to get the bonus. I had made mine using the website.

Good luck to you in getting yours!
They didn't list any restrictions on the type wagers, even if they had there wouldn't have been much in show bets, mostly exoctics...ex, tri and super.

I've received the NYRA promos as well and yes they usually require betting thru their app, which I've done in the past and they've always come through, wish you could have caught their requirement prior to your wagers.

Last edited by metro; 08-06-2022 at 01:00 PM.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2022, 01:24 PM   #8
metro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by HottalkersinKY View Post
I had the same problem with one of their trifecta bonus plays never got paid
but i used my desk top to make that play.So the next time i played one of their contests i used my phone and their app and got paid.I got the 100 for 20
and used the app and as soon as i hit 100 i got the 20.Hopefully this helps your problem.
This is the text of the email I received:

_____________________________________

Get in on the action today with your exclusive Bet $100 Get $20 offer.



Claiming this offer is quick and easy…

Log in and opt in to the promotion.
Wager at least $100 in cumulative bets within seven (7) days of opting in.
Receive a $20 bonus to wager on racing.


This exclusive free bet ends soon so don’t miss out!


_____________________________________

Obviously nothing mentioned about wagering via mobile or not, but glad to see they did take care of you.

Two good things come with offers like this from an ADW site, The first is because it's basically free money if you wager to the requirements, and actually get paid. The second is a way of judging how well the ADW offering the promo treats their customers.

Honestly wasn't surprised when they came up short in the latter. Their pps when it comes to customer service are 5K maiden claiming level.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Do you use energy percentages?
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2022 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.