Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 4.43 average.
Old 07-05-2022, 06:34 PM   #2056
jay68802
Registered User
 
jay68802's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 14,536
http://paceadvantage.com/forum/showt...68377&page=199


CJ, I disagree, and yep, had them both. He herds the into, or very close to the rail, and behind another horse. Then drifted wide to intimidate the . Justified take down to me.
jay68802 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2022, 09:29 AM   #2057
cj
@TimeformUSfigs
 
cj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 46,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
http://paceadvantage.com/forum/showt...68377&page=199


CJ, I disagree, and yep, had them both. He herds the into, or very close to the rail, and behind another horse. Then drifted wide to intimidate the . Justified take down to me.
I didn't think he herded him, just blocked him in. The second part is irrelevant as it wasn't part of the DQ.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2022, 04:10 PM   #2058
jameegray1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 224
In my 55,000 races traded the DQ of the in today's 2nd race at Laurel was the weakest I have seen. Infraction was on the on the back straight around 25 secs in. ended up beaten into 3rd place by 1.5 lengths.

jameegray1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2022, 05:11 PM   #2059
wisconsin
Registered User
 
wisconsin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mukwonago, WI
Posts: 2,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameegray1 View Post
In my 55,000 races traded the DQ of the in today's 2nd race at Laurel was the weakest I have seen. Infraction was on the on the back straight around 25 secs in. ended up beaten into 3rd place by 1.5 lengths.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7Zs...annel=HipicaTV

Cost me the P4. Not fooling. Jockey objections that get by the stewards rarely amount to any change. This was 100% BS for sure. I did not use the . Just can never catch that break when I need it.

__________________
"I don't always frequent message boards, but when I do, I prefer PaceAdvantage."
wisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2022, 10:00 PM   #2060
Elkchester Road
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Near Lexington, KY
Posts: 3,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameegray1 View Post
In my 55,000 races traded the DQ of the in today's 2nd race at Laurel was the weakest I have seen. Infraction was on the on the back straight around 25 secs in. ended up beaten into 3rd place by 1.5 lengths.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7Zs...annel=HipicaTV
Sickening.

And people wonder why Sports Betting is so popular.
__________________
Just when you least expect it...just what you least expect-The Pet Shop Boys.
Elkchester Road is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2022, 07:41 PM   #2061
cj
@TimeformUSfigs
 
cj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 46,057
Top 5 worse DQs I've ever seen.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2022, 05:35 PM   #2062
Tom
The Voice of Reason!
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Canandaigua, New york
Posts: 108,412
Sar 8/3, R3....

WTF????
What's the criteria the stewards use, no foul unless rider was armed?
__________________
Who does the Racing Form Detective like in this one?
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-04-2022, 01:24 PM   #2063
dilanesp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 8,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Sar 8/3, R3....

WTF????
What's the criteria the stewards use, no foul unless rider was armed?
Do you mean the Dot's Dollar/Swift Tap race?


Last edited by cj; 08-04-2022 at 04:02 PM.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2022, 06:25 PM   #2064
Tom
The Voice of Reason!
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Canandaigua, New york
Posts: 108,412
Yes, that's the race.....the Business as Usual Stakes.

I've seen less contact in a roller derby jam.
__________________
Who does the Racing Form Detective like in this one?
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-10-2022, 02:27 PM   #2065
wisconsin
Registered User
 
wisconsin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mukwonago, WI
Posts: 2,927
NYRA stewards continue to turn a blind eye to anything. Saratoga 3rd race today, the comes out of the gate, makes a left turn and impedes , who was forced into the , who clipped heels and caused the to alter sharply outward. I know it's the gate, but I see it as no holds barred race riding.

I did not have a bet on this race, but I shake my head. A horse will literally need to hit the ground for anything to happen.
__________________
"I don't always frequent message boards, but when I do, I prefer PaceAdvantage."
wisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-10-2022, 11:30 PM   #2066
SG4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
A horse will literally need to hit the ground for anything to happen.

Agree completely. I hate DQ's based on infractions at the start, but I thought this was going to be a 5 second inquiry & DQ, could not believe they left him up.
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2022, 10:00 AM   #2067
cj
@TimeformUSfigs
 
cj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 46,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
NYRA stewards continue to turn a blind eye to anything. Saratoga 3rd race today, the comes out of the gate, makes a left turn and impedes , who was forced into the , who clipped heels and caused the to alter sharply outward. I know it's the gate, but I see it as no holds barred race riding.

I did not have a bet on this race, but I shake my head. A horse will literally need to hit the ground for anything to happen.
It was Irad. He is untouchable in New York ever since the 90 day suspension.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2022, 12:56 PM   #2068
fox13weather
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5
No DQ in that Saratoga race and then you go back and look at the DQ a few posts back at Laurel. What a joke. And yes I am still pissed weeks later. I had the 2 at Laurel
fox13weather is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2022, 08:18 AM   #2069
wisconsin
Registered User
 
wisconsin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mukwonago, WI
Posts: 2,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by fox13weather View Post
No DQ in that Saratoga race and then you go back and look at the DQ a few posts back at Laurel. What a joke. And yes I am still pissed weeks later. I had the 2 at Laurel
I singled it in the P4 I should have collected. Still smarting.
__________________
"I don't always frequent message boards, but when I do, I prefer PaceAdvantage."
wisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2022, 05:38 PM   #2070
dilanesp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 8,307
The 4th ar Del Mar is going to be an interesting call either way
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Do you use energy percentages?
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2022 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.