Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 06-21-2022, 11:49 AM   #4246
lamboguy

SOFI

this is a shitty looking company, but their are lots of rumors on them getting a big government contract. when you look at some congressional buys and the insiders buying into this thing down already 63%, i pay attention to the baby.

HIGH HIGH RISK

i got in and paid $5.815 per share

Last edited by lamboguy; 06-21-2022 at 11:51 AM.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2022, 11:53 AM   #4247
lamboguy

i am also buying (not renting) AMZN and F, AMD, CRM. all this si long term stuff.
Old 06-21-2022, 01:08 PM   #4248
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
AMZN (i was shorting this last week)
BA
AMGEN

I've owned AMGEN about 10 years. It is a total beast of a company. Gross profit margin? Typically above 70%, net margin in excess of 20%. Starting paying dividends in 2012 and have grown the payments exponentially ever since. They basically print money and are committed to paying it out to shareholders. Right up my alley.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2022, 08:28 AM   #4249
lamboguy

for you traders

i have met some unbelievably great day traders. they have an uncanny sense of how to be in front of the big orders before they bang the price.

but now watching the way markets are gapping up and down and holding the gains during the day, makes the life of a day trader that much tougher. it seems to me that the bankers have all ganged up together to screw those great young day traders. just remember as i always point out, the job of the markets are to take the most amount of money away from the most amount of people in the shortest amount of time.

STAY AWAY FROM THOSE RUG PULLS THAT THE BANKERS THROW AT YOU.
Old 06-22-2022, 08:34 AM   #4250
lamboguy

oil is the toughest market in the world to trade. i have a friend, Teddy K., that is a great oil trader. we bet $10, he said the price of oil was going to $150, i have $80 going for me. i really don't understand how they can keep the price of that stuff up so high for so long now. it finally looks like its unraveling.
Old 06-22-2022, 09:33 AM   #4251
Tape Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tape Reader View Post
Bot: MSTR 220624C165 @14.90
Sold second half 13.40.
Tape Reader is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2022, 10:19 AM   #4252
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Nice turnaround overnight....S&P futures were down almost 60pts at around 5am...now huge run up over the last couple of hours puts it up into positive territory...interesting...
Old 06-22-2022, 10:37 AM   #4253
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
oil is the toughest market in the world to trade. i have a friend, Teddy K., that is a great oil trader. we bet $10, he said the price of oil was going to $150, i have $80 going for me. i really don't understand how they can keep the price of that stuff up so high for so long now. it finally looks like its unraveling.
Trading NatGas is like $OIL ^2
Old 06-22-2022, 12:07 PM   #4254
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Nice turnaround overnight....S&P futures were down almost 60pts at around 5am...now huge run up over the last couple of hours puts it up into positive territory...interesting...
your right....

i saw tech stocks getting hit yesterday..

what happened that its now better ????

maybe some good news???

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (120.9 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by geroge.burns99; 06-22-2022 at 12:10 PM.
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-23-2022, 11:19 PM   #4255
lamboguy

CEO buys (long)

RKT

MYPS

BCAB

ENV

all look good to me
Old 06-24-2022, 12:55 AM   #4256
lamboguy

Altria

the CEO had been dumping his shares in this "safe company". all of a sudden the shares are down from $52 to $42 in 2 weeks. today the justice department has banned the sale of JUUL which is owned by Altria.. do you think this CEO what was coming down before they released the news?

I MOST CERTAINLY DO

this high dividend paying stock is in big jeopardy going forward without the national legalization of Maribella.
Old 06-24-2022, 06:46 AM   #4257
geroge.burns99
Veteran

FED EX looks like they are turning the tides....
Old 06-24-2022, 07:27 AM   #4258
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
the CEO had been dumping his shares in this "safe company". all of a sudden the shares are down from $52 to $42 in 2 weeks. today the justice department has banned the sale of JUUL which is owned by Altria.. do you think this CEO what was coming down before they released the news?

I MOST CERTAINLY DO

this high dividend paying stock is in big jeopardy going forward without the national legalization of Maribella.
and they dont get in trouble for this?

AKA Martha Stewart

Old 06-24-2022, 08:31 AM   #4259
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
and they dont get in trouble for this?

AKA Martha Stewart

its very tough to invest in stocks these days. JP Morgan ain't gonna put you into winners.

i am trying to find stocks that have some reason to move on a fundamental side of things. the stocks i have been posting have been pretty good (for now), but you still have to know when to buy and sell them. the main advice i can give you is to make sure you have at least a 3-1 loss to win ratio. so if you still have to find the right entry point. if you are going long on a $10 stock, you have to think that its going to at least $11.50 and if the trade goes against you $9.50 is where you must exit if you picked wrong. i try to buy close to the bottom of a candle and stop out if it breaks that candle. the same in reverse when i go short, i sell at the top of the candle. i also build a trendline knowing that nothing goes in completely straight lines. when the stock bumps against the trendline, i reverse from long to short or short to long. and redo the process over and over again.i look for 4 touches of the trendline, if the equity doesn't bust through on the 4th try i even out the position and go look for something else. the other suggestion i have that is a big one is to know ahead of time how easy or hard it is to borrow shares to short. if it's too easy to find shares to short, chances are the stock will run to the long side.

i got caught yesterday in 3 different rug pulls that were nasty-assed ones. i took a step back and didn't make another trade the rest of the day.
Old 06-24-2022, 08:48 AM   #4260
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
its very tough to invest in stocks these days. JP Morgan ain't gonna put you into winners.

i am trying to find stocks that have some reason to move on a fundamental side of things. the stocks i have been posting have been pretty good (for now), but you still have to know when to buy and sell them. the main advice i can give you is to make sure you have at least a 3-1 loss to win ratio. so if you still have to find the right entry point. if you are going long on a $10 stock, you have to think that its going to at least $11.50 and if the trade goes against you $9.50 is where you must exit if you picked wrong. i try to buy close to the bottom of a candle and stop out if it breaks that candle. the same in reverse when i go short, i sell at the top of the candle. i also build a trendline knowing that nothing goes in completely straight lines. when the stock bumps against the trendline, i reverse from long to short or short to long. and redo the process over and over again.i look for 4 touches of the trendline, if the equity doesn't bust through on the 4th try i even out the position and go look for something else. the other suggestion i have that is a big one is to know ahead of time how easy or hard it is to borrow shares to short. if it's too easy to find shares to short, chances are the stock will run to the long side.

i got caught yesterday in 3 different rug pulls that were nasty-assed ones. i took a step back and didn't make another trade the rest of the day.
thanks for that....

unfortunately , my wife works for a brokerage firm and all trades needs to be submitted and approved by them....a royal pain in the ass

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: