Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:36 AM   #856
Canarsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefast99
Canarsie,
I do not have any documentation to show you on the exact amount that Dennis and Darby invested into keeping the track open and operating. The fact is the NJSEA asked for a Request for Proposal(RFP)in 2011 I have copied Bob Jordans article for you to see there was no games played when it came to selecting the successful bidder.

I'm old and my vision is deteriorating but the only thing I see is a $25,000 deposit for those listed. Could you highlight the successful bid for me I would appreciate it. It would be also nice to know who SPECIFICALLY won the bid in a form of a printed name(s) Posting this only enhances my argument that a lot is being hidden.

Do you know what law firm is representing MP in it's appeal to the third circuit and all previous cases? Is it the Christie administration or a private law firm. So far a lot of TAXPAYER money is being spent on this case. So why can't the names of the people who stand to make millions off of this be printed. As you know I sincerely want the state of NJ to win this case. But I don't want certain people to get richer without the public knowing their involvement first.

This decision bothers me to no end I can't believe it doesn't even concern you at least 1%. 4NJBets was turned over to Betfair after this decision something just doesn't sound right here. Sure people could lose money but off track wagering was a money maker and Darby WANTED IT!!! Again nobody has a clue about the amount Betfair paid or even WHO GOT PAID!!!

that NJSEA is not allowed to turn over basically all of its off-track wagering and account wagering responsibilities to Dennis Drazin’s Darby Development.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 09-21-2015 at 03:07 PM. Reason: REMOVED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2015, 08:26 PM   #857
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I'm old and my vision is deteriorating but the only thing I see is a $25,000 deposit for those listed. Could you highlight the successful bid for me I would appreciate it. It would be also nice to know who SPECIFICALLY won the bid in a form of a printed name(s) Posting this only enhances my argument that a lot is being hidden.

Do you know what law firm is representing MP in it's appeal to the third circuit and all previous cases? Is it the Christie administration or a private law firm. So far a lot of TAXPAYER money is being spent on this case. So why can't the names of the people who stand to make millions off of this be printed. As you know I sincerely want the state of NJ to win this case. But I don't want certain people to get richer without the public knowing their involvement first.

This decision bothers me to no end I can't believe it doesn't even concern you at least 1%. 4NJBets was turned over to Betfair after this decision something just doesn't sound right here. Sure people could lose money but off track wagering was a money maker and Darby WANTED IT!!! Again nobody has a clue about the amount Betfair paid or even WHO GOT PAID!!!

that NJSEA is not allowed to turn over basically all of its off-track wagering and account wagering responsibilities to Dennis Drazin’s Darby Development.
The RFP's were all sealed and delivered to the NJSEA who picked Morris Bailey. Once taking the helm Bailey saw a lot of things that prevented him from wanting to continue running the track. There was then a second group who showed the NJSEA that they had the ability to run the track, they are aptly named the horseman. Dennis Drazin along with the horseman now run MP. With the tracks(MP and the Big M)came 4 licenses to operate and run the off track wagering facility which included a poorly run 4njbets. Dennis searched out the company that he felt comfortable with and named them to run 4njbets, that was Betfair. William Hill came in to the picture as a sponsor of the Haskell. They also have skin in the game and based on the fact they are a very successful wagering platform they will get the nod once the Sports wagering issue is settled. Jeff Gural received a license to operate and open the Bayonne NJ OTW center aka Winners. Since this facility opened another new one in Hillsboro NJ run and operated by Dennis and Darley Development is trying to work through some minor issues and open by the running of the 2015 Breeders Cup, but most likely not until 2016.
Money, the root of all evil or in this case the money being spent by the Christie administration to get the sports wagering bill approved was in the vicinity of $3m the last I saw. It could be a lot more but I am not a politician or a mathmatician by trade. Have you ever written to Dennis Drazin and asked him these questions?
Old 10-14-2015, 01:26 PM   #858
biggestal99

En banc hearing was approved.

2-1 panel decision vacated. :-)

On to a full hearing by the third circuit.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2015, 01:49 PM   #859
GMB@BP

Its not a matter of IF but a matter of WHEN.

As I stated in this thread legalized sports wagering via the internet is going to happen. There is too much money at a time when states need money for it not to happen. No different than weed, its pretty much a harmless vice in most peoples eyes and there is real money to be made.

The national perception on gambling is changing, ESPN now references the "spread" in college football games, and has a "cover" alert in their ticker scroll. They makes some picks against the spread.

If Mickey Mouse is coming along for gambling then its just a matter of time.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2015, 03:04 PM   #860
bks

Lots of enthusiasm from Lesniak and Co. associated with this decision.

Time frame is reported to be Dec-Jan for rehearing, possible decision by Feb, after which bets could theoretically immediately be taken if decision goes in NJ's favor.

Leagues could ask for a stay of that decision, but it's unclear to me whether the SCOTUS has to issue the stay (and then hear the case), or whether the Third Circuit can also stay its own decision. Anyone?

Daniel Wallach believes NJ is a "favorite" to prevail. He's been bearish on NJ's chances before this.

We may have a game-changer.

http://www.legalsportsreport.com/498...ampaign=buffer
bks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-15-2015, 11:03 AM   #861
Canarsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99
En banc hearing was approved.

2-1 panel decision vacated. :-)

On to a full hearing by the third circuit.

Allan

Why don't you tell the public which court decision is valid as of today? Your still zero for five years but I truly hope you break your streak. I don't think it will happen but Monmouth does deserve the chance to try SW and see how the public reacts.

The people who are probably the happiest are the bookmakers in NJ. They are one step closer to adding tons of customers to their accounts if its legalized.

No advertising fees, comps, or any other incentive. They will only deliver or receive a clients winning or losings at a place of their convenience. No driving thirty miles to pick up a $50 bill they won.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:52 AM   #862
Canarsie

Quote:
The RFP's were all sealed and delivered to the NJSEA who picked Morris Bailey. Once taking the helm Bailey saw a lot of things that prevented him from wanting to continue running the track. There was then a second group who showed the NJSEA that they had the ability to run the track, they are aptly named the horseman. Dennis Drazin along with the horseman now run MP. With the tracks(MP and the Big M)came 4 licenses to operate and run the off track wagering facility which included a poorly run 4njbets. Dennis searched out the company that he felt comfortable with and named them to run 4njbets, that was Betfair. William Hill came in to the picture as a sponsor of the Haskell. They also have skin in the game and based on the fact they are a very successful wagering platform they will get the nod once the Sports wagering issue is settled. Jeff Gural received a license to operate and open the Bayonne NJ OTW center aka Winners. Since this facility opened another new one in Hillsboro NJ run and operated by Dennis and Darley Development is trying to work through some minor issues and open by the running of the 2015 Breeders Cup, but most likely not until 2016.
Money, the root of all evil or in this case the money being spent by the Christie administration to get the sports wagering bill approved was in the vicinity of $3m the last I saw. It could be a lot more but I am not a politician or a mathematician by trade. Have you ever written to Dennis Drazin and asked him these questions?
Actually I didn't but wrote my assemblymen a nice lengthy letter supporting Monmouth when the independence movement first started. His reply was to support whatever Christie decides to do. Everyone knows being a member of the NJSEA was a political appointment I don't need to go into detail how one gets on the board. If I really thought that any letter I write would get an honest reply its a done deal. I'm not posting it but do recall the email I sent you how the NJSEA worked to try to get a license in Greenbrook? It's politics 101 at its best.

A few weeks later I withdrew my republican party affiliation and became an independent.

I'll tell you what lets try and make a deal. I'll write Drazin if you can post articles or links on how much money he spent out of his own pocket. Now most people will know if he did that it was because he would get his PERSONAL ADW.

He is the one who selected Betfair? His company? All I can say is WOW!!!

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/th...bsite-march-1/

The company that accused me of POSSIBLE money laundering (that's exactly what the person answering the phone said and all of their calls are recorded) when I tried to get a $100 deposit (most they would allow for first time customer) from MY BANK active in my account three days later. Did he ever take the pulse of 4NJBets customers on the ADW they prefer? There is zero record online how they exactly got the account and HOW it was ACHIEVED. Were other ADW's given equal opportunity or was this a done deal so he could get an ADW of his own? This is the company that still has links to deposit with a green dot money pack even though you can't do that anymore. They can rush and take it down but I already have a screenshot.

https://4njbets.tvg.com/terms-and-conditions-nj

Good selection they really care about their customers. How long would it take to update a simple web page. CJ could easily do it in much less than an hour.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:04 PM   #863
biggestal99

Quote:
Why don't you tell the public which court decision is valid as of today? Your still zero for five years but I truly hope you break your streak. I don't think it will happen but Monmouth does deserve the chance to try SW and see how the public reacts.

The people who are probably the happiest are the bookmakers in NJ. They are one step closer to adding tons of customers to their accounts if its legalized.

No advertising fees, comps, or any other incentive. They will only deliver or receive a clients winning or losings at a place of their convenience. No driving thirty miles to pick up a $50 bill they won.
The injuction by judge shipp is still in effect, the money put up by the nfl to cover monmouth
Losses is still in escrow. Not decided until SCOTUS refuses to here the appeal.

At the very least a new precedent will be set as the 9 judges (12 original-3 recusals)
Will resolve the conflict between christie 1--states determine sports betting laws, and christie 2--partial repeal of sports betting laws is a de facto authorization.

Allan
Old 10-15-2015, 08:08 PM   #864
biggestal99

paspa doesn't prohibit sports betting, only that it can't be authorized by state law.

Allan
Old 10-16-2015, 04:21 AM   #865
ManU918

I'm curious to see how many if any other states start to consider daily fantasy sites "gambling" like Nevada. That will throw a wrench in this whole thing.
ManU918 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2015, 10:36 AM   #866
Canarsie

Quote:
The injuction by judge shipp is still in effect, the money put up by the nfl to cover monmouth
Losses is still in escrow. Not decided until SCOTUS refuses to here the appeal.

At the very least a new precedent will be set as the 9 judges (12 original-3 recusals)
Will resolve the conflict between christie 1--states determine sports betting laws, and christie 2--partial repeal of sports betting laws is a de facto authorization.

Allan
It's amazing to me you only pop your head on here when there is a SLIVER of good news. Where were you when the three judges ruled against monmouth?

It wasn't like people were gloating in here about the decision. In fact there were zero posts from me tooting my horn about it. All I offer is an opinion without claiming to be an atomic scientist. If I'm wrong so be it and let's move on. Last time I looked nothing physically happens to a person ( MAYBE their PRIDE to a minority) when they make an inaccurate forecast.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:54 AM   #867
onefast99

Quote:
Actually I didn't but wrote my assemblymen a nice lengthy letter supporting Monmouth when the independence movement first started. His reply was to support whatever Christie decides to do. Everyone knows being a member of the NJSEA was a political appointment I don't need to go into detail how one gets on the board. If I really thought that any letter I write would get an honest reply its a done deal. I'm not posting it but do recall the email I sent you how the NJSEA worked to try to get a license in Greenbrook? It's politics 101 at its best.

A few weeks later I withdrew my republican party affiliation and became an independent.

I'll tell you what lets try and make a deal. I'll write Drazin if you can post articles or links on how much money he spent out of his own pocket. Now most people will know if he did that it was because he would get his PERSONAL ADW.

He is the one who selected Betfair? His company? All I can say is WOW!!!

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/th...bsite-march-1/

The company that accused me of POSSIBLE money laundering (that's exactly what the person answering the phone said and all of their calls are recorded) when I tried to get a $100 deposit (most they would allow for first time customer) from MY BANK active in my account three days later. Did he ever take the pulse of 4NJBets customers on the ADW they prefer? There is zero record online how they exactly got the account and HOW it was ACHIEVED. Were other ADW's given equal opportunity or was this a done deal so he could get an ADW of his own? This is the company that still has links to deposit with a green dot money pack even though you can't do that anymore. They can rush and take it down but I already have a screenshot.

https://4njbets.tvg.com/terms-and-conditions-nj

Good selection they really care about their customers. How long would it take to update a simple web page. CJ could easily do it in much less than an hour.
The track operator, in this case the horseman, select the operator for the ADW and they selected the one that has the most appeal and ability to run the operation with the lowest cost to the track operators.
As far as posting what Dennis has spent of his own money is a very poor attempt to think he has done something illegal or has something to hide. He took over the track operation during a dark time for racing in NJ please give him credit for something instead of Monday morning quarterbacking on how the outcome could have been different, after the fact! You have a lot of questions and many are good but Dennis and his group have put substantial monies into the game to keep it going as well as Jeff Gural and his investors. Why challenge something that has an upside for all involved?
Old 10-16-2015, 02:41 PM   #868
biggestal99

Quote:
It's amazing to me you only pop your head on here when there is a SLIVER of good news. Where were you when the three judges ruled against monmouth?
It wasnt 3 judges, it was 2 and that judgement has been vacated.

And its not a sliver of hope, its a brand new hearing with a new opinion issued.

The rightness or wrongness of my POV will only be final once SCOTUS refuses to her the appeal of the losing side.

According to what i have read on law360, its up in the air and prolly a 5-4 split opinion is upcoming.

There also a chance that SCOTUS grants a writ of centiorari which throws each side a curveball

Allan
Old 10-17-2015, 10:18 AM   #869
Canarsie

Quote:
The track operator, in this case the horseman, select the operator for the ADW and they selected the one that has the most appeal and ability to run the operation with the lowest cost to the track operators.
As far as posting what Dennis has spent of his own money is a very poor attempt to think he has done something illegal or has something to hide. He took over the track operation during a dark time for racing in NJ please give him credit for something instead of Monday morning quarterbacking on how the outcome could have been different, after the fact! You have a lot of questions and many are good but Dennis and his group have put substantial monies into the game to keep it going as well as Jeff Gural and his investors. Why challenge something that has an upside for all involved?
It's not my style to entrap ANYONE that's not my style. I have been consistent since day one with my questions there has been no flipping by me. My position is could have another ADW used their private money to try and get the account? If that was the case the AG for the state of NJ would have laid down the hammer.

Please show me where I did MMQ as you stated. You can roam the archives and go back as far as you wish. If you recall a previous post I made a letter written by me to various politicians backed monmouth 100%. Last time I looked that would include Mr. Drazin. As stated before I was so much behind MP it cost a political party my affiliation. The best response I received was from Jennifer Beck who unfortunately doesn't represent my district.

I'm not knocking that he took over the track operations as you have stated "it was a dark time". He absolutely deserves credit for that after Bailey backed out. I want Monmouth to succeed but only if its a level playing field. Is that really too much to ask.

Please don't tell me this article drew at bare minimum a shade of doubt how the deal went down.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...ck_privat.html

It would be interesting to see how many hours were billed (if any you have stated he does free work) and charged during this period. If MP paid how much the total bill was would be of great interest to me. If this was a race for governor and this was a non horse related issue wouldn't you want the candidate to answer it HONESTLY?

N.J. sports agency upholds decision to privatize Monmouth Park racetrack

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...ck_privat.html

Do you see me going after Gural who has been very PUBLIC of his INTENTIONS and how everything went down. The only problem I had with his outfit was an announcement on the loudspeaker saying "the van is leaving for Staten Island in five minutes and the Travers was being raced during that speech. That was the first year of Winners I'm pretty sure nothing like that happens anymore. That incident is pretty minute considering all the efforts he has made and INFORMED the public on how everything he is attempting to do is proceeding. He has never had a judge rule against him or his companies. He has stated the state has to pay back a certain amount of money if the potential casino license is awarded to someone else.

So would if be fair to ask Mr. Drazin the same type of questions as Mr. Gural? Does his law firm get reimbursed if MP loses the SW case? Is there any wording in ANY document that enhances his firms bottom line as an "out" clause? Seriously you don't think these are realistic questions to ask?

I'm sure when you have used an attorney in the past you would want to know approximately how much the final bill might be. Please inform me if I am wrong about this and you didn't care how much you paid.
Old 10-17-2015, 10:34 AM   #870
Canarsie

Quote:
It wasnt 3 judges, it was 2 and that judgement has been vacated.

And its not a sliver of hope, its a brand new hearing with a new opinion issued.

The rightness or wrongness of my POV will only be final once SCOTUS refuses to her the appeal of the losing side.

According to what i have read on law360, its up in the air and prolly a 5-4 split opinion is upcoming.

There also a chance that SCOTUS grants a writ of centiorari which throws each side a curveball

Allan

OK you are right about the judges. So where were you when the 2-1 decision was issued that went against MP? Unless I missed something there was no gloating or much commentary from people who thought the vote was going that way. You only show up with positive news and predictions how the judges will rule which has been zero for forever when they are finally issued. I don't find any pleasure in being correct so far. AS previously stated I want for MP to get the chance even though I think it's doomed from day one. If I'm wrong I'll be the FIRST ONE to step up to the plate and readily admit that.

I don't claim to be a stinking genius just a poster on PA. You haven't been right yet and now your predicting a 5-4 decision in favor of MP. SMH

I seriously hope this one comes before your exchange wagering predictions. It might be half a decade since you issued that one and nothing has come to fruition.