Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 03-03-2024, 01:23 PM   #16
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by proximity View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZg8YsRV_IY

prime kennedy was amazing, imo maybe second best in love boat history behind barbi benton?

mina kimes is an accomplished yale graduate, probably underemployed at goofy espn.

one of my many unfinished projects was a sequel to the movie varsity blues called kilmer. the gist was to show that there was MUCH more to coach bud kilmer than being a simple racist who was becoming increasingly out of touch with today's players and offensive philosophies. on the contrary, coach kilmer actually had a son with a black woman. the son would go on to play football at the naval academy before being stationed in korea where he had a daughter with a korean woman who would basically grow up to become a mina kimesesque character who eventually finds her grandfather's old notes and learns that bud kilmer was really a pioneeer in analytics who was MILES ahead of the competition.....

but anyhow, i would nominate jenny from the hong kong broadcasts as a female sportscaster that actually adds usable insights. jmo.

I remember the name Barbi Benton but had to refresh my memory on what she looked like, forced to choose I am still taking Jayne. Love Boat sure had a lot of top names and a lot of has beens.

I wonder why Jayne just up and vanished in the late 80's? Wiki says she has 4 kids, maybe she became a stay at home mom.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2024, 02:08 PM   #17
lamboguy

Erin Kate Dolan from ESPN sports handicapping does it for me.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2024, 02:48 PM   #18
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
Erin Kate Dolan from ESPN sports handicapping does it for me.

Are you talking knowledge or looks, or both?
Old 03-16-2024, 09:34 AM   #19
shout1966

This is probably more local then national but Monica Mcnutt who works the NY Knicks games is knowledgeable and does a great job talking about the game I always loved Hannah Storm as well and Suzy Kolber was great as well she handled that Joe Namath incident in the classiest way possible as well
shout1966 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2024, 11:53 AM   #20
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Sarah Kustok, Nets broadcaster, is excellent.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2024, 12:17 PM   #21
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I'm surprised at that. She wasn't that good when she was doing Chicago sports. And she left town rather abruptly, no doubt due to her mother's murder by her father.
Old 03-16-2024, 01:27 PM   #22
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post

Does broadcast designate TV? Not sure of the proper nomenclature. Do they do the old simulcast anymore where the TV guys or gals are doing both the TV broadcast and the audio on radio? Serious questions as I was sent back in time when I moved to Beaverdam Va. But fiber optic cable looks to be coming soon! Radio reception is bad and all the stations have weak signals. I did get satellite radio which comes in great, that is the only thing I have that is 21st century. I listen to a lot of games while working in my shop. Great distraction when doing tasks a trained monkey could do. When it comes to sportscasters
I am probably familiar with more ones on radio than TV that have come along in the last dozen years.
Old 03-16-2024, 09:13 PM   #23
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Does broadcast designate TV? Not sure of the proper nomenclature. Do they do the old simulcast anymore where the TV guys or gals are doing both the TV broadcast and the audio on radio? Serious questions as I was sent back in time when I moved to Beaverdam Va. But fiber optic cable looks to be coming soon! Radio reception is bad and all the stations have weak signals. I did get satellite radio which comes in great, that is the only thing I have that is 21st century. I listen to a lot of games while working in my shop. Great distraction when doing tasks a trained monkey could do. When it comes to sportscasters
I am probably familiar with more ones on radio than TV that have come along in the last dozen years.
I only hear her on TV watching NBA League Pass games, so I'm not sure. Here in OKC they are seperate broadcasts, though occasionally they'll do the simulcast if the radio guy has to fill in on TV.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2024, 03:02 AM   #24
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Best:......Leslie Visser

Worst:....Erin Andrews
Don’t you know Erin Andrews was emotionally crippled and mentally damaged by the release of that stalker video?

She was awarded 56 million. The stalker was ordered to pay 28 million and the hotel the rest. She cried on the stand, like she was never going to be the same.

Then went right back to work making a multimillion dollar salary.