Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-21-2023, 04:16 PM   #1
Secretariat

Army Captain Luis Avila

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-genera...173421588.html

"General Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under Donald Trump, is set to end his 43-year career as an Army officer at the end of the month. In a new interview out Thursday, Milley recalls how the former president had several "disturbing" moments while in office, including questioning and criticizing the choice to have a disabled Army captain sing at a 2019 event.

A report from The Atlantic revealed Thursday that Milley had chosen Army captain Luis Avila, who is severely wounded after serving in five combat tours, to sing "God Bless America" at the 2019 Armed Forces Welcome Ceremony at Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall because, to him and several other Army generals, Avila represented the dignity, strength and sacrifice of wounded soldiers. Avila had lost a leg in an IED attack while serving in Afghanistan in 2011 and suffered two strokes, two heart attacks and brain damage as a result of his injuries.

After Trump went over to congratulate the captain for his performance, the then-president asked Milley, who as JCS chairman served as Trump's principal military adviser, within earshot of others, "Why do you bring people like that here? No one wants to see that, the wounded." He also told Milley to never let Avila make a public appearance again."

Just curious. ... What do you think about that?
Secretariat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2023, 04:20 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I think Milley is a disgusting POS traitor to his country and wouldn't believe him on anything...especially anything about Trump, the President of the United States that Milley ACTIVELY WORKED TO UNDERMINE while he was in office...

I think one of Trump's BIGGEST MISTAKES as POTUS was having this guy work in his administration.

What do you think about that?

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 09-21-2023 at 04:22 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2023, 04:23 PM   #3
davew

Milley is a racist homophobe and a spy for CHINA. A good fit in Briben administration.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2023, 04:26 PM   #4
Tor Ekman

Thoroughly Modern Milley … fat piece of shite blowhard
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2023, 04:36 PM   #5
thaskalos

Trump was right again. Who wants to see a wounded soldier…when they can see a draft-dodging POTUS.
Old 09-21-2023, 04:39 PM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

dead country
Old 09-21-2023, 04:59 PM   #7
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-genera...173421588.html

"General Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under Donald Trump, is set to end his 43-year career as an Army officer at the end of the month. In a new interview out Thursday, Milley recalls how the former president had several "disturbing" moments while in office, including questioning and criticizing the choice to have a disabled Army captain sing at a 2019 event.

A report from The Atlantic revealed Thursday that Milley had chosen Army captain Luis Avila, who is severely wounded after serving in five combat tours, to sing "God Bless America" at the 2019 Armed Forces Welcome Ceremony at Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall because, to him and several other Army generals, Avila represented the dignity, strength and sacrifice of wounded soldiers. Avila had lost a leg in an IED attack while serving in Afghanistan in 2011 and suffered two strokes, two heart attacks and brain damage as a result of his injuries.

After Trump went over to congratulate the captain for his performance, the then-president asked Milley, who as JCS chairman served as Trump's principal military adviser, within earshot of others, "Why do you bring people like that here? No one wants to see that, the wounded." He also told Milley to never let Avila make a public appearance again."

Just curious. ... What do you think about that?
It had zero effexct on the border, the economy, street crime.....all it did was fuel mindless dweebs to get all in a tizzy,

Just curious, with all the total catastrophies due directly to Biden, why do you think tihis warrants even mentioning, wgen the guy who said had control of everything Biden has ruined?

Do you hate Anerica that much, comrad>
Old 09-21-2023, 05:00 PM   #8
Secretariat

So Miley is lying? OK, what about these other guys? Liars too?

"Perhaps no one was less surprised last week when it was reported that U.S. President Donald Trump had called American war dead “losers” and “suckers” than his former high school classmate George M. White.

The 74-year-old retired Army veteran was Trump’s superior—the first captain, or highest-ranking cadet—in Trump’s 1964 graduating class at the New York Military Academy. White said he witnessed up close Trump’s contempt for military service, discipline, and tradition, as well his ungoverned sense of entitlement, all helped along by his father Fred Trump’s generous donations to the school.

“No, those remarks absolutely didn’t surprise me. In my dealings with him he was a heartless, obnoxious son of a bitch,” White told me in an interview over the weekend. "

or this:

"The Atlantic article, portions of which have been corroborated by the Associated Press, the Washington Post, and Fox News, also reported that when Trump aborted a visit to another World War I cemetery, blaming the weather, he remarked, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In addition, Trump reportedly said that the presence of maimed U.S. veterans would upset spectators at a military parade, commenting, “Nobody wants to see that.”

or this one

"Trump’s comments appeared to be in line with the attitude he reportedly evinced on Memorial Day 2017, when he visited the grave of 1st Lt. Robert Kelly, the son of his then-homeland security secretary and later chief of staff John Kelly. Standing at the grave of the younger Kelly, who died in Afghanistan in 2010, Trump reportedly turned to the secretary and said: “I don’t get it. What was in it for them?”

or this one

"President Donald Trump's former chief of staff John Kelly told a Des Moines audience Tuesday that his former boss can’t admit to making a mistake because “his manhood is at issue here.”

“I don't understand it, although I had to deal with it every day," said Kelly, a retired four-star Marine general who served as Trump’s top aide from July 31, 2017, until his Jan. 2, 2019, resignation....Kelly said last week that he supported using the 25th Amendment to remove Trump from office after Trump supporters breached the U.S. Capitol and five people died, including a Capitol police officer."

or this one

VVA: Trump’s Attack on Gold Star Family Is Disgraceful and Un-American

(Washington, DC) – Vietnam Veterans of America is a non-partisan, war-time veterans’ membership and service organization that does not endorse or support political candidates at any level. “However, we cannot remain silent when a Gold Star family member is being publicly denigrated, ” said John Rowan, National President of Vietnam Veterans of America. “It is especially reprehensible when that individual is seeking to become the commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces of our nation. To lash out and disparage a family whose son gave his life defending this country is both shocking and disgraceful, ” said Rowan. And though Trump may never have spent a day in uniform, his disdain for the sacrifice of this young man and all who have made the ultimate sacrifice in defense of our Constitution is singularly un-American.”

Is everyone is lying but Donald?
Secretariat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2023, 05:02 PM   #9
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Trump was right again. Who wants to see a wounded soldier…when they can see a draft-dodging POTUS.
Or better yet, a dentia-riddled vegetable who can barelyspeak ans has screwed up essentially ever thing he has tiuched.

Who hurt us more, Mr Personality or Mr Potato Head?
Old 09-21-2023, 05:11 PM   #10
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
dead country
And Sec shows why that is tue.

Shallow, simple minded azzholes who think this stuff makes any freaking difference to reallife.

Miley should face a firing squad for his actions, the stuff, not the flugff.

OMG, how torally worthless can theses denocrazis get?
Old 09-21-2023, 05:37 PM   #11
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
So Miley is lying? OK, what about these other guys? Liars too?

"Perhaps no one was less surprised last week when it was reported that U.S. President Donald Trump had called American war dead “losers” and “suckers” than his former high school classmate George M. White.

The 74-year-old retired Army veteran was Trump’s superior—the first captain, or highest-ranking cadet—in Trump’s 1964 graduating class at the New York Military Academy. White said he witnessed up close Trump’s contempt for military service, discipline, and tradition, as well his ungoverned sense of entitlement, all helped along by his father Fred Trump’s generous donations to the school.

“No, those remarks absolutely didn’t surprise me. In my dealings with him he was a heartless, obnoxious son of a bitch,” White told me in an interview over the weekend. "

or this:

"The Atlantic article, portions of which have been corroborated by the Associated Press, the Washington Post, and Fox News, also reported that when Trump aborted a visit to another World War I cemetery, blaming the weather, he remarked, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In addition, Trump reportedly said that the presence of maimed U.S. veterans would upset spectators at a military parade, commenting, “Nobody wants to see that.”

or this one

"Trump’s comments appeared to be in line with the attitude he reportedly evinced on Memorial Day 2017, when he visited the grave of 1st Lt. Robert Kelly, the son of his then-homeland security secretary and later chief of staff John Kelly. Standing at the grave of the younger Kelly, who died in Afghanistan in 2010, Trump reportedly turned to the secretary and said: “I don’t get it. What was in it for them?”

or this one

"President Donald Trump's former chief of staff John Kelly told a Des Moines audience Tuesday that his former boss can’t admit to making a mistake because “his manhood is at issue here.”

“I don't understand it, although I had to deal with it every day," said Kelly, a retired four-star Marine general who served as Trump’s top aide from July 31, 2017, until his Jan. 2, 2019, resignation....Kelly said last week that he supported using the 25th Amendment to remove Trump from office after Trump supporters breached the U.S. Capitol and five people died, including a Capitol police officer."

or this one

VVA: Trump’s Attack on Gold Star Family Is Disgraceful and Un-American

(Washington, DC) – Vietnam Veterans of America is a non-partisan, war-time veterans’ membership and service organization that does not endorse or support political candidates at any level. “However, we cannot remain silent when a Gold Star family member is being publicly denigrated, ” said John Rowan, National President of Vietnam Veterans of America. “It is especially reprehensible when that individual is seeking to become the commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces of our nation. To lash out and disparage a family whose son gave his life defending this country is both shocking and disgraceful, ” said Rowan. And though Trump may never have spent a day in uniform, his disdain for the sacrifice of this young man and all who have made the ultimate sacrifice in defense of our Constitution is singularly un-American.”

Is everyone is lying but Donald?
I don't know why this surprises you. Didn't you see that widely broadcasted interview where Trump flatly stated that the American soldiers who get captured and are imprisoned by the enemy don't qualify to be called "heroes"? "My heroes don't get captured"...Trump defiantly proclaimed. It's obvious that he considers those soldiers who are either maimed or killed to be even bigger "suckers" and 'losers' than the ones who get captured by the enemy.
Old 09-21-2023, 06:09 PM   #12
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Nobody voting for Trump cares about what Tom rightly called "the fluff."

Most of the people criticizing Trump for what he MIGHT have said or DID say about military personnel hold about the same amount of respect for military personnel as Trump does IF all his comments are actually TRUE.

So, bottom line, it doesn't matter.

And nothing you can say or write will make it matter.

There are more important things on the line.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 09-21-2023 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-21-2023, 06:21 PM   #13
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Nobody voting for Trump cares about what Tom rightly called "the fluff."

Most of the people criticizing Trump for what he MIGHT have said or DID say about military personnel hold about the same amount of respect for military personnel as Trump does IF all his comments are actually TRUE.

So, bottom line, it doesn't matter.

And nothing you can say or write will make it matt
There are more important things on the line.
The "Commander-In-Chief" should have the utmost respect for the military that he "commands", especially when he is the one who asks the military to put their lives on the line in foreign lands. And when the soldiers make the ultimate sacrifice...then their "Commander-In-Chief" should at least have the decency to act in a manner which meets the gravity of the situation...and not behave like a classless moron. The dead soldiers and their living relatives deserve at least that much.
Old 09-21-2023, 06:59 PM   #14
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
The "Commander-In-Chief" should have the utmost respect for the military that he "commands", especially when he is the one who asks the military to put their lives on the line in foreign lands. And when the soldiers make the ultimate sacrifice...then their "Commander-In-Chief" should at least have the decency to act in a manner which meets the gravity of the situation...and not behave like a classless moron. The dead soldiers and their living relatives deserve at least that much.
So, you're going by what he actually SAID himself in 2015-2016...

And continuing to hold that against him...how'd he do as President where it concerns the military? Did he act like someone who has disdain for the military?

Let me know

At least he had enough respect for them not to send them off to die for no good reason like all the ones before him.

Oh, and you're also putting stock into what Milley says he said. That's a good one.

I really need to stop participating here...it's not good for me.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 09-21-2023 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-21-2023, 07:30 PM   #15
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Trump is not responsible for any wars

I can see where he might be a little averse to being lumped in with others by association.

But he still didn’t need to say that