Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-30-2023, 12:58 PM   #31
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
The next thing they can do is get rid of legacy students. Why should I have preference over someone equally or even slightly more qualified than me just because one of my parents went to the school.
Exactly right.

MERIT period.
Old 06-30-2023, 03:13 PM   #32
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post

To be fair I’m in my 70’s and want nothing to do with twenty-something women.
That's fine. Leave them to me.
Old 06-30-2023, 03:17 PM   #33
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
How about just one or two women?
Old 06-30-2023, 03:46 PM   #34
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
How about just one or two women?
Hey...speak for yourself. I am an Alpha Male.
Old 06-30-2023, 05:35 PM   #35
Secretariat

Quote:
Thomas is a hypocrite. He wouldn’t be sitting on the bench except for affirmative action.
Exactly. Here's Thomas' quote in 1983 when he was the Chairman of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission:

"God only knows where I would be today if not for the legal principles of equal employment opportunity measures such as affirmative action that are 'critical to minorities and women in this society."

and then followed it up with :

"These laws and their proper application are all that stand between the first 17 years of my life and the second 17 years."

I guess once he got a guaranteed lifetime job and became friends with Harlan Crow he didn't need to worry about money and gifts anymore. He got his.
Secretariat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2023, 05:41 PM   #36
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
Exactly. Here's Thomas' quote in 1983 when he was the Chairman of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission:

"God only knows where I would be today if not for the legal principles of equal employment opportunity measures such as affirmative action that are 'critical to minorities and women in this society."

and then followed it up with :

"These laws and their proper application are all that stand between the first 17 years of my life and the second 17 years."

I guess once he got a guaranteed lifetime job and became friends with Harlan Crow he didn't need to worry about money and gifts anymore. He got his.
OR...he simply came to his senses and came to see Affirmative Action for what it is really is: A license, under the color of law, to discriminate against whites.
Old 06-30-2023, 05:42 PM   #37
Secretariat

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
OR...he simply came to his senses and came to see Affirmative Action for what it is really is: A license, under the color of law, to discriminate against whites.
Exactly, he already got his.
Old 06-30-2023, 05:51 PM   #38
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Heu, pay off a loan or two, sky's thre limit!
Old 06-30-2023, 05:51 PM   #39
Secretariat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
You want to get rid of racism?
Get rid of DEMOCRATS.

Instationalized racism is the dem party.

Anything else is bullshit.
It's interesting that liberal California banned Affirmative Action in 1996 by Prop 209. Michigan also did the same.

"Before the ban, UC Berkeley and UCLA were roughly representative of the California high school graduate population who were eligible for enrollment at universities, according to Zachary Bleemer, an economist at Princeton University.

The ban first took effect with the incoming class of '98. Subsequently, diversity plummeted at UC's most competitive campuses. That year, enrollment among Black and Latino students at UCLA and UC Berkeley fell by 40%, according to a 2020 study by Bleemer. As a result of the ban, Bleemer found that Black and Latino students who might have gotten into those two top schools enrolled at less competitive campuses.

"Black and Hispanic students saw substantially poorer long-run labor market prospects as a result of losing access to these very selective universities," Bleemer told NPR. "But there was no commensurate gain in long-run outcomes for the white and Asian students who took their place."

Since Prop 209 took effect, UC has spent more than a half-billion dollars on outreach programs and application reviews to draw in a more diverse student body.

"It's taken 25 years of experimentation through race-neutral policies, for UC schools have begun to catch up to the racial diversity numbers lost in the wake of the affirmative action ban", says UCLA vice chancellor Chang.

Still, the California schools are unable to meet their diversity goals systemwide. Chang says his school is not where it wants to be. It still enrolls far fewer Black and Latino students than their share of California high school graduates — a problem it didn't have before the affirmative action ban.
Old 06-30-2023, 06:06 PM   #40
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:

To be fair I’m in my 70’s and want nothing to do with twenty-something women.
Amen! My back couldn’t put up with it………
Old 06-30-2023, 06:44 PM   #41
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Secretariet- I direct you to the comments this week by your party's leader and the leader of the Senate, both democrats who speak for your party.
The dems are the ones crying about the correct decisions.

I stand by my post 1000%