Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

View Poll Results: 2019 Handicapping Software Poll!
Value Capper 122 21.18%
Black Magic 95 16.49%
HSH 97 16.84%
RDSS 109 18.92%
JCapper 97 16.84%
HTR 127 22.05%
Betmix 114 19.79%
Nocal Greg Programs 125 21.70%
Handifast 94 16.32%
All Data Free 91 15.80%
Homegrown 126 21.88%
Old Sartin Programs 101 17.53%
Other Not Listed 205 35.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 576. This poll is closed

Old 01-10-2020, 12:34 PM   #166
Hanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Figure View Post
I've only seen a sale for HSH! never seen any sale for ValueCapper.
True, I was responding from my phone and should have clarified. Although I thought Value Capper was cheaper now than 18 months ago, but could be wrong.
Hanger is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2020, 05:23 PM   #167
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Same price!
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2020, 06:52 PM   #168
storyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
for me the finest wagers are on those horses who are sharp, likely to improve further today and whose trainers are sending them out to win if they can. Over the long term this is an unbeatable combination.

Until this thread I didn't know you played the ponies.

My handicapping is centered around projecting numbers based on today's field. Then move to pedigree, connections and lastly to price.

You express this as "likely to improve further today". Projecting figures (accurately) is an art form and requires a huge skill set.

Congratulations to someone that I thought was only interested in discussing religion. Not many players think this way or have the skills needed!
storyline is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2020, 02:07 AM   #169
KyRacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coacht View Post
Thanks Ted,

I’m still out of town visiting grandkids. When I get home I’m going to first see
if my old XP will successfully download the program. If so, then hopefully I can find my old disc and then try the virtual .

I will take your suggestion and reach out to Bill V and Randy as well. I’m a member on your site.

My son tried to install it on my 64 bit and the error said it was 32 bit.

Gene
Hi coacht,

Maybe this will help.

I have run the Taulbot Pace Calculator software on the Windows 7 and Windows 10 64 bit operating systems. I think the problems occurs when trying to install off the original cd's unto a 64 bit system. That didn't work for me.

This worked for me. Install it from the original discs on to your old Windows XP 32 bit system first. Then copy the folder you installed it in to a USB drive and move it over to your Windows 10 or 7 64 bit system. You can just copy the whole folder with the program in it and then move it or you can zip it up first, move it and then unzip it on your 64 bit system. Make a short cut from the main program in the folder to your desktop for easy access. It runs just fine for me.

As far as the Help file, I found this link on answers.microsoft.com. About the 7th reply down is a reply by Alan Copp, that has instructions and links on how to get the Help file to work on Windows 10. It's been a while since I did it , but it worked for me on both Windows 7 and Windows 10 64 bit systems. Every time there's a major upgrade to Windows 10 (twice a year), I have to redo the help file.

Help File Info

Last edited by KyRacer; 01-14-2020 at 02:17 AM.
KyRacer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2020, 03:56 PM   #170
KyRacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyRacer View Post

As far as the Help file, I found this link on answers.microsoft.com. About the 7th reply down is a reply by Alan Copp, that has instructions and links on how to get the Help file to work on Windows 10. It's been a while since I did it , but it worked for me on both Windows 7 and Windows 10 64 bit systems. Every time there's a major upgrade to Windows 10 (twice a year), I have to redo the help file.

Help File Info

It looks like some of the links in the Help File Info link are outdated and don't work.
Old 03-10-2020, 08:59 AM   #171
jamalka

In response to the survey, I have been using a 'other not listed' program for several years. Prior to that, in the 90's, I used a program called Darkhorse, which I thought was quite good. Recently I have been searching for this program without success.

Does anyone have the setup files for the Darkhorse program or know where to find them?
jamalka is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 12:00 PM   #172
KyRacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamalka View Post
In response to the survey, I have been using a 'other not listed' program for several years. Prior to that, in the 90's, I used a program called Darkhorse, which I thought was quite good. Recently I have been searching for this program without success.

Does anyone have the setup files for the Darkhorse program or know where to find them?
Hi jamalka,

I remember the program you were talking about. It was interesing but cost more than I wanted to spend at that time. I had the demo version at one time and had a few screenshots. Looked around on my computer but haven't been able to find them. I believe you had to buy the data from them. I don't know if it had manual entry. I used the wayback machine and found a link to the program. Looks like there is a download link on the site. Link below:

DH99
Old 03-11-2020, 07:55 AM   #173
jamalka

Hi KyRacer,

Thanks for your quick reply and the link to DH99. I've been able to download a DOS version, the Windows version has no active link. I haven't loaded the DOS version yet, hopefully it will run OK in DOSBox. Very much appreciate your effort.
jamalka is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2020, 12:34 PM   #174
ChartingHorseValue

Charting Horse Value

I've been playing the horse's for over 30 years and have my own program I've used that entire time with great success. Now that I'm retired, I've got more time to work on it and am giving it to everyone for free. It gives you a fair odds line for every horse and helps you quickly identify the best value horse in a race. I'll post 1 or 2 tracks a day and I will post all my results on daily basis.

Check it out and let me know if there is a specific track you want me to post. Today I posted Lone Star and Santa Anita.

https://www.chartinghorsevalue.com/
ChartingHorseValue is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2020, 12:38 PM   #175
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChartingHorseValue View Post
I've been playing the horse's for over 30 years and have my own program I've used that entire time with great success. Now that I'm retired, I've got more time to work on it and am giving it to everyone for free. It gives you a fair odds line for every horse and helps you quickly identify the best value horse in a race. I'll post 1 or 2 tracks a day and I will post all my results on daily basis.

Check it out and let me know if there is a specific track you want me to post. Today I posted Lone Star and Santa Anita.

https://www.chartinghorsevalue.com/
Awesome CHV...

Just do top tracks...Like TAM GP CD SA...

I would like the program to check it out..

Mike
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2020, 12:43 PM   #176
ChartingHorseValue

GP today

I'll go ahead and run GP as well today. Yesterday was awful "off the turf" with ton of scratches. Hard to get a free odds line for every horse, hope you enjoy it.
Old 05-22-2020, 12:48 PM   #177
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
I'll go ahead and run GP as well today. Yesterday was awful "off the turf" with ton of scratches. Hard to get a free odds line for every horse, hope you enjoy it.
GP lost some turf..I usually go else where
Old 05-22-2020, 03:06 PM   #178
ChartingHorseValue

GP R5

Top two horses in my program run 1-2, 7-1 over 6-1 and $2 exacta pays $156. that was a wide open race but their was tremendous value on the tote. Can see the picks for free here.

https://www.chartinghorsevalue.com/todays-selections/
Old 05-22-2020, 03:10 PM   #179
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Top two horses in my program run 1-2, 7-1 over 6-1 and $2 exacta pays $156. that was a wide open race but their was tremendous value on the tote. Can see the picks for free here.

https://www.chartinghorsevalue.com/todays-selections/
Are you giving your picks or the program for free?
Old 05-22-2020, 04:29 PM   #180
ChartingHorseValue

Just the picks, the program is too valuable to give away. I'll sell it!