Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 04-26-2008, 02:55 PM   #1
ceejay

Could this business be any more dysfunctional?

CD/TwinSpires can't even carry their own signals. Their loss not mine. Maybe there's not enough takeout to go around.
ceejay is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2008, 05:29 PM   #2
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Maybe there aren't enough BRAINS to go around.

Here they are, the REAL Twin Spires!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg idiots.jpg (25.3 KB, 252 views)

Last edited by Tom; 04-26-2008 at 05:32 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2008, 03:22 PM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Tom, that was too funny!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2008, 01:56 AM   #4
trying2win

Good one Tom!

T2W
trying2win is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2008, 02:24 AM   #5
JustRalph
Just another Facist

The Silks room at Churchill was pretty full Sunday and so was the Simulcast. I heard more than a few bitching about "having to come to the track" I wonder why...............???
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2008, 07:58 AM   #6
BillW
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
The Silks room at Churchill was pretty full Sunday and so was the Simulcast. I heard more than a few bitching about "having to come to the track" I wonder why...............???
I was concerned, but CD did have the CD signal!
Old 04-28-2008, 05:49 PM   #7
098poi

Here's a new one.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg idiots.jpg (25.5 KB, 119 views)
098poi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2008, 05:52 PM   #8
Cangamble
Agitator

More Dysfunction

SIMULCAST ADVISORY

For Immediate Release

MIDATLANTIC CO-OP, NYRA UNABLE TO REACH SIMULCAST AGREEMENT

Scottsdale, AZ [April 28, 2008] -- MidAtlantic Cooperative LLC, the simulcast purchasing enterprise that represents 16 regional racetracks, has been unable to reach a new simulcast agreement with New York Racing Association Inc. [NYRA].

Therefore, effective April 30, 2008, MidAtlantic Cooperative members will cease simulcasting NYRA racing from Belmont Park . The cessation will not affect the simulcast of the Belmont Stakes, for which a separate agreement has been reached.

MidAtlantic Cooperative could not accept NYRA’s unprecedented monetary demands for its Aqueduct, Belmont and Saratoga signals. A series of counter proposals, which would have provided significant increases to NYRA, were rejected by it.

“MidAtlantic Cooperative remains committed to reaching an acceptable contract and minimizing the interruption of simulcasts,” said Executive Director Martin Lieberman. “However, this is a necessary step to protect the long-term interests of our members. NYRA’s unreasonable price demands, if agreed to, will negatively impact our member racetracks’ ability to present live and simulcast racing in the region.”

The MidAtlantic Cooperative includes 16 member tracks and their off-track wagering entities, including: Meadowlands Racetrack, Monmouth Park, Freehold Raceway, Atlantic City Race Course, Philadelphia Park, Penn National Race Course, Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs, Charles Town Races, Delaware Park, Dover Downs, Harrington Raceway, Ocean Downs, Rosecroft Raceway, Colonial Downs, Suffolk Downs and Rockingham Park.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:01 PM   #9
sandpit

I swear, the title of this thread is the most appropos of any that has ever appeared on this board...how is it possible that none of these people can get along EVER??? You would think that somebody would have the balls to step up and get all of them in a room and not leave until it was straightened out. All these industry symposiums, conferences, etc. aren't worth wasting a minute of time on because it's the same yada yada yada over and over. If there's not enough money to go around, maybe Evans is right and there needs to be some consolidation. But, let it be noted this is yet another idea he stole...Tom Meeker said the same thing 15 years ago. Sorry for the rant, but with the biggest day of racing just 5 days away, this whole mess is very frustrating.
sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2008, 01:38 PM   #10
ceejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpit
You would think that somebody would have the balls to step up and get all of them in a room and not leave until it was straightened out. All these industry symposiums, conferences, etc. aren't worth wasting a minute of time on because it's the same yada yada yada over and over. If there's not enough money to go around, maybe Evans is right and there needs to be some consolidation.
It's the horseplayers' money they're fighting about. We deserve a seat in that room. I haven't been this dis-interested in the Derby for some time.

Are they doing us a favor by letting us spend our money? Horsemen and tracks treat us like they are.
ceejay is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2008, 02:23 PM   #11
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Could this business be any more dysfunctional?

I used to think the answer would be "No"

But every week they come up with some other new way to piss off the patrons
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: