Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 03-30-2013, 07:48 PM   #76
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Good. Maybe they will start to realize two preps is ridiculous.
Glad to see some carnage with the new point system.
Hell yes.
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2013, 07:48 PM   #77
magwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
i know the owner puts up his money, i am an owner and i am sympathetic to them. but this game rely's on both owner's and bettor's, without either you have no game. the bettor's need their best interest's at heart at all times. if you looked at past performances and pace number's, which i don't bother with, you would think that SHANG-HAI BOBBY would have given you a better performance than he did from a top trainer.

forget about what's right for owner's and bettor's for one moment, what about the horse. every time a horse enter's the starting gate, he goes to war, its like a boxing match. you would not allow a boxer to enter the ring that is not in tip top shape.

these are very solid points that i have made about this. its the way i feel about the game.
before the race you said you didnt care for the horse,after the race you say he wasnt right and should not have been entered in the race ??
Old 03-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #78
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwell
before the race you said you didnt care for the horse,after the race you say he wasnt right and should not have been entered in the race ??
you got me, i give up
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2013, 08:14 PM   #79
RXB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
Will be interesting to see how the Beyers come back from today's Gulfstream card.
Should be close to these for the four dirt stakes:

Dreaming Of Julia 117 (and off of a legit pace, too; unreal for a March 3YOf)
Ciao Bella 107
Cigar Street 105
Orb 100
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #80
rgustafson

As Most Post mentioned, Dreaming Of JUlia ran almost two full seconds faster in winning the Florida Oaks. She would have crushed that field.
rgustafson is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #81
RXB

I love the understatement in the DRF story: "...stamping her as one of the favorites for the Kentucky Oaks."
Old 03-30-2013, 08:30 PM   #82
CincyHorseplayer

Watching Dreaming of Julia was awesome today,she was geared down and still drawing away!!Can't wait to watch her in the Oaks.

Orb tracked a faster pace in the FOY than what was ran in the Holy Bull.The connections said they weren't going to push him today.Couldn't bring about a bet at 5/2 though.I like him.

Out of the 4 horses I mentioned today I ended up not betting 2 of them!Got a decent 11.00 place price on Bombaguia.When I bet Za Approval was 3-1 dropped almost to 9/5.The exacta with the lone closer paid a modest 34.80 but banged it up.Had a fast closing 3rd in the last.Chalky day.3-1-1-1,I'll take it!

Did you guys weave any magic out of this card?Hope so!

Last edited by CincyHorseplayer; 03-30-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #83
Wickel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PICSIX
On the NBC broadcast, right before post time, Randy Moss said something about the connections (of Shanghai Bobby) felt Merit Man would go to the front and Rosie would move to the outside of MM.

Why try to change the horse . Should have sent IMO.
I totally agree. Rosie should should have sent, or at the very least, kept Merit Man and company outside of her. As it turned out, she was checking into the turn and nearly clipped heels. Bobby definitely belonged in the race. I'm not so sure about Rosie.
Wickel is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #84
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickel
I totally agree. Rosie should should have sent, or at the very least, kept Merit Man and company outside of her. As it turned out, she was checking into the turn and nearly clipped heels. Bobby definitely belonged in the race. I'm not so sure about Rosie.
Yeah I saw that.Still,he didn't show any resilience in either prep.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:35 PM   #85
Wickel

Orb did look incredible. Looks like he'll fit Churchill like a glove. Anxious to see what the Wood offers.
Wickel is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #86
magwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Good. Maybe they will start to realize two preps is ridiculous.
Glad to see some carnage with the new point system.
this new point deal is turning out fine, it separates the contenders from the pretenders .....
Old 03-31-2013, 01:30 AM   #87
RXB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXB
Should be close to these for the four dirt stakes:

Dreaming Of Julia 117 (and off of a legit pace, too; unreal for a March 3YOf)
Ciao Bella 107
Cigar Street 105
Orb 100
Preliminary figures in. They rated the 9f races three points lower than my estimate. The 9.5f race is only one point lower but I don't actually make dirt figures anymore so probably I was a fifth off on the comparable 9.5f par.

Dreaming Of Julia 114
Ciao Bella 104
Cigar Street 104
Orb 97
Old 03-31-2013, 01:57 AM   #88
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXB
Preliminary figures in. They rated the 9f races three points lower than my estimate. The 9.5f race is only one point lower but I don't actually make dirt figures anymore so probably I was a fifth off on the comparable 9.5f par.

Dreaming Of Julia 114
Ciao Bella 104
Cigar Street 104
Orb 97
Good stuff RXB.I was telling a friend just off the top of the head that Julia's figure might be 117-119.Just watched the race again.Man I tell ya,this matchup between Julia and Beholder might be more exciting and faster than the Derby!God I love this time of the year!
Old 03-31-2013, 03:07 AM   #89
RXB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer
Good stuff RXB.I was telling a friend just off the top of the head that Julia's figure might be 117-119.Just watched the race again.Man I tell ya,this matchup between Julia and Beholder might be more exciting and faster than the Derby!God I love this time of the year!
Dreaming Of Julia, I almost have no words. Beholder's a real runner, too, although I think she's likely to prefer something shorter than 9f against top-flight competition. Hopefully they will both stay healthy as the game needs more horses to stay sound and run more races.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:31 AM   #90
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXB
Dreaming Of Julia, I almost have no words. Beholder's a real runner, too, although I think she's likely to prefer something shorter than 9f against top-flight competition. Hopefully they will both stay healthy as the game needs more horses to stay sound and run more races.
On that last note absolutely have the fingers crossed with you.

At this age and with the injury masking development and 9 furlongs max for now I don't think Beholder is going to be stretched to the absolute limit doing it.We don't really know anything decisive about her.What I know,which has no bearing on the here and now is when I was staring at her 114-108(I think that's accurate)numbers,albeit in a sprint,I was thinking those numbers for a 2yo filly were absolutely unheard of.I bet my measly max bet of $40 win in the BC.I'm really anxious to see what she brings in the Santa Anita Oaks.It will have to be pure thunder after Julia's wrath from god on the filly 3yo division!I've been in the game since 1996 and grant it there are some mental gaps in there but I truly believe this crop of fillies,at the top level,might be the best yet after seeing this.To me it makes the hair on the arm raise.As a player looking at the flash cards it's cool.As a fan it makes me think hell yeeeeeaaaahhhhhh!!!

Last edited by CincyHorseplayer; 03-31-2013 at 04:44 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: