Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-12-2018, 11:04 PM   #1
stk128
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5
RPM

does RPM have any good software programs, and what are thy?
stk128 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2018, 12:23 AM   #2
mikesal57
Veteran
 
mikesal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Posts: 3,670
The answer to your question is.....
NO!!!!
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2018, 10:44 AM   #3
Partsnut
BetMix User
 
Partsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Boynton Beach, FL
Posts: 1,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
The answer to your question is.....
NO!!!!
How do you qualify your response?
How many and which of the RPM products have you tried.?
Tell us about your experiences with RPM and why you are so adversed to their products..
__________________
partsnut@yahoo.com
Partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2018, 10:48 AM   #4
mikesal57
Veteran
 
mikesal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Posts: 3,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partsnut View Post
How do you qualify your response?
How many and which of the RPM products have you tried.?
Tell us about your experiences with RPM and why you are so adversed to their products..
Come on Bill...you know better....

these systems has been rehashed since the 70's...

and if you keep it up, your going to wind up the group...lol

Mike
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2018, 11:59 AM   #5
Partsnut
BetMix User
 
Partsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Boynton Beach, FL
Posts: 1,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
Come on Bill...you know better....

these systems has been rehashed since the 70's...

and if you keep it up, your going to wind up the group...lol

Mike
Mike,

I respect your opinion and I am not trying to be contrary or being defensive on behalf of RPM. I have no affiliation with them.
All I want is a justifiable response from anyone that has had either a negative or positive experience with RPM's products. A generalized statement, off the top of someones head, is useless to me or anyone that has not had experience with the products in question and is seeking an honest opinion.
__________________
partsnut@yahoo.com
Partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2018, 12:59 PM   #6
fight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 299
yes

2m2p.com they sell or go direct to web the BEST customer service ever .
fight is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2018, 02:29 PM   #7
FakeNameChanged
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by fight View Post
2m2p.com they sell or go direct to web the BEST customer service ever .
Since you're obviously knowledgeable about their product, why not give us some background? I looked at their website the other week when someone else was praising it, and their product looks somewhat similar to Pace-view/Platinum for about 1.5-2 X the price. Greg's customers are frequently on here, telling how they play some of Pace-View's different programs. Unless critiquing another product on PA isn't allowed, since they're not a paid advertiser. Not sure of PA's rules on that.
__________________
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2018, 03:36 PM   #8
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 68,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosonfirst View Post
Since you're obviously knowledgeable about their product, why not give us some background? I looked at their website the other week when someone else was praising it, and their product looks somewhat similar to Pace-view/Platinum for about 1.5-2 X the price. Greg's customers are frequently on here, telling how they play some of Pace-View's different programs. Unless critiquing another product on PA isn't allowed, since they're not a paid advertiser. Not sure of PA's rules on that.
People are free to discuss whatever they'd like in terms of products or services.

My one rule is that individuals with direct ties to the vendors or the vendors themselves cannot come on here and tout their offerings unless they are authorized advertisers.
__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2018, 07:53 PM   #9
thaskalos
Loitering with intent
 
thaskalos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 25,496
I have bought and tried out 19 of the handicapping methods/systems that RPM sells in their catalog...and if I were on my computer instead of on my phone, then I would list them here by name. NONE of them have been worth the paper that they are printed on! And if the "Dr. Robert Anthony" who is featured there is the noted psychologist who goes by the same name...then he should be ashamed of himself.
__________________
"A fool and his money...were lucky to get together in the first place."
-- Anonymous

Last edited by thaskalos; 06-13-2018 at 08:07 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2018, 09:21 PM   #10
AndyC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I have bought and tried out 19 of the handicapping methods/systems that RPM sells in their catalog...and if I were on my computer instead of on my phone, then I would list them here by name. NONE of them have been worth the paper that they are printed on! And if the "Dr. Robert Anthony" who is featured there is the noted psychologist who goes by the same name...then he should be ashamed of himself.
How does the old saying go? Fool me once shame on you, fool me 19 times....?
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2018, 09:35 PM   #11
mikesal57
Veteran
 
mikesal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Posts: 3,670
Here we gooooo......


mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2018, 08:55 AM   #12
thaskalos
Loitering with intent
 
thaskalos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 25,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
How does the old saying go? Fool me once shame on you, fool me 19 times....?
They all sounded so promising, though. My favorite one was from about 25 years ago...featuring a comprehensive handicapping method which was proven profitable at all the tracks in the country. But, I remember wondering...since there was no simulcast wagering back then...how was the system's creator able to validate this method across all the tracks in the nation? As I kept reading the advertising copy, though...the obvious answer soon revealed itself. The method's creator was a long-time pilot for a major commercial airline, and he would apply his method at all the tracks of the cities that he would fly into...thus securing for himself a nice and steady supplementary income.

Alas...tragedy befell him after years of profitable horseplay, and he was diagnosed with a life-threatening illness...which put an end to his country-wide travel, and his lucrative side-job. With no local track to play at, he had regretfully decided to sell his highly-profitable method to the public...but he would restrict the sale to a predetermined number of lucky customers, in order to avoid overly suppressing the odds of the winning horses.

How could a mere mortal resist? I sent my check out to him as fast as I could...
__________________
"A fool and his money...were lucky to get together in the first place."
-- Anonymous

Last edited by thaskalos; 06-14-2018 at 09:01 AM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2018, 09:06 AM   #13
mikesal57
Veteran
 
mikesal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Posts: 3,670
and lets not talk about their great customer service....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (9.2 KB, 32 views)
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2018, 11:04 AM   #14
AndyC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
.....How could a mere mortal resist? I sent my check out to him as fast as I could...
I have sent my share of checks chasing the holy grail of handicapping.
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2018, 11:51 AM   #15
Tom
The Voice of Reason!
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Canandaigua, New york
Posts: 103,396
Snapcapper Pro.....should be here today or tomorrow.....I paid for express delivery!
__________________
Who does the Racing Form Detective like in this one?
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2021 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.