Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-24-2011, 05:43 PM   #211
bigmack

Rats. This didn't turn out well at all. Now I feel less manly.

You da man. Don't go changin'.
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2011, 05:46 PM   #212
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
What is this SAR Mike, a lamprey?

You're already resolved to blow outta this joint. No big whoop for you. How 'bout I lose, I post a pic of me with a dunce cap on; ala Serling?
Why do you talk like you're a member from the cast of Happy Days? I've wondered this for awhile. Thanks in advance BM!
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #213
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter M
Yeah that's it. Couldn't be that I'm right and you are wrong and can't admit it, plus you really have no response. What could you say? It's all right here in this thread. Couldn't be that.

I'm actually glad this happened. First off, you're blatantly lying. You have never banned me. Ever. The truth is I have asked you too a lot, but you never have.

Not sure why you would make that up, but it appears you are desperately trying to save face here and I guess lying will help you do that. I have to say that totally making that up isn't helping your arguement.

The facts are the facts. You protect your political buddies. Does anyone really think you would have come into this thread the way you did if I was going back and forth with SRU? What if I was going back and forth with Cardus? Would you have done the same thing?

Of course not. I argued with your pet, so you responded the way you did. I'm done helping you get website hits. Use someone else.
It was a number of years ago that you were banned. Perhaps your memory is failing you at a young age.

And you are such a one dimensional tool, I knew this was all about political slants with you.

Like I said, the board got along just fine with you not here these past number of weeks. You're a maniac if you think the only reason I wanted you to stay was for "hits." If you truly think that, you are more clueless than I ever imagined a good handicapper could be.

I wanted you to stay because despite your ****ing piss poor attitude and belligerent style, for some reason, I still liked you. Imagine that? Liking someone even though their politics might be different than your own.

What a novel and adult concept, don't you think?
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2018, 02:18 PM   #214
davew

I didn't realize how much I relied on saddlecloths until today's Bel 4th ... all pink except 1A. I had to memorize silks... I wonder what racecallers rely on?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2018, 02:23 PM   #215
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

You're at Saratoga today?
Old 09-29-2018, 02:28 PM   #216
Ocala Mike

Nothing I like better than a politically incorrect thread I started 7 years ago getting bumped!
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2018, 04:19 PM   #217
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Maybe politically incorrect, but spot one.
Stupid idea to make saddle cloths pink - people use them to follow horses. Unlike pink shoes or wristbands or whatever other sports do.
Old 09-29-2018, 04:25 PM   #218
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Maybe politically incorrect, but spot one.
Stupid idea to make saddle cloths pink - people use them to follow horses. Unlike pink shoes or wristbands or whatever other sports do.
How about pink mutuel tickets?
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2018, 06:04 PM   #219
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
I didn't realize how much I relied on saddlecloths until today's Bel 4th ... all pink except 1A. I had to memorize silks... I wonder what racecallers rely on?
They memorize the silks.

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2018, 06:13 PM   #220
bobphilo

How obscenely inconsiderate of NYRA to put horse players through the unspeakable ordeal of using an alternative method of identifying their horses simply to raise awareness of a terrible disease. All truly red-blooded men must assert how macho they are by flooding this thread with posts protesting this atrocity - for atrocity it must surely be to generate so many angry posts.

There are more important things in the world than our selfish convenience in viewing races for one measly day. I have seen threads on infinitely more serious problems like performance enhancing drug use get less angry posts. C'mon, some sense of proportion please.

Last edited by bobphilo; 09-29-2018 at 06:28 PM.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2018, 06:36 PM   #221
bobphilo

This is the magnitude of outrage that one would expect if NYRA had banned all visual TV coverage of races to raise awareness of pink eye.
Some people need to get a grip.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2018, 06:47 PM   #222
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobphilo View Post
Exchange deleted
That was a very old post, no? It was missed or it would have been deleted already. Feel free to report any post like this. It works better than replying because now I have delete that one and yours since you quoted it and it will have no context.

Not a big deal, just want people to get in the habit of reporting posts. The board is much too busy for every post to be viewed by PA and myself.

Last edited by cj; 09-29-2018 at 06:53 PM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2018, 08:47 PM   #223
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobphilo View Post
How obscenely inconsiderate of NYRA to put horse players through the unspeakable ordeal of using an alternative method of identifying their horses simply to raise awareness of a terrible disease. All truly red-blooded men must assert how macho they are by flooding this thread with posts protesting this atrocity - for atrocity it must surely be to generate so many angry posts.

There are more important things in the world than our selfish convenience in viewing races for one measly day. I have seen threads on infinitely more serious problems like performance enhancing drug use get less angry posts. C'mon, some sense of proportion please.
They could EASILY have done something other than the mani thing customers use to identify their horses.
NFL has pink shoes, there are pink wristbands, the Helmets could have been pink. The pants could have been pink. Sorry to expect to be treated like a customer.

btw, Breast Cancer is NOT the #1 killer of women. Heart disease it.
A cause I do contribute to out my winnings every year. Why the track is not helping the #1 is a political decision made by someone. I do not need a race track telling me what I should be donating to. I am quite aware of things on my own.

Last edited by Tom; 09-29-2018 at 08:57 PM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2018, 08:59 PM   #224
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussmeister View Post
They memorize the silks.

Well there you go, maybe the jockeys should have all ran with pink silks, and they could start adding numbers to their calls.

When I have a superfecta bet, I do not remember all the horses I have covered but do remember the numbers.

Many years ago, one of my first bets was at Santa Anita. I went to the window and said $5 win and place on 'my favorite horse'. The teller looked at me and said 'just the number kid, give me the number' - sage advice I remember to this day.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2018, 10:21 AM   #225
Thomas Roulston

But remember that the hidebound stuffed shirts at NYRA stubbornly resisted using the saddlecloth colors - just like they didn't legalize Lasix until September 1, 1995, and didn't so much as add fifth purse money until I believe it was 1993.
Thomas Roulston is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: