Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:26 PM   #811
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker
According to normal SRU logic. Pay the

And now you want to change the order of "what could have been" by placing a horse that was fouled above a horse that finished ahead of him and was also fouled because you thought he was better.

SRU needs to be in every Stewards booth around the country while wagering on those races. Only way we can ever get a fair inquiry.
The reason I talked about being better was there was a reason the 5 beat the 8 to the wire, the 8 had a clear hole when the 5 got pushed wide bit the 5 came in a whole bunch of lanes to close off the 8s path.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-17-2015, 04:19 PM   #812
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker
According to normal SRU logic. Pay the

And now you want to change the order of "what could have been" by placing a horse that was fouled above a horse that finished ahead of him and was also fouled because you thought he was better.

SRU needs to be in every Stewards booth around the country while wagering on those races. Only way we can ever get a fair inquiry.
You noticed that his "pay the winners" is only selectively applied? You don't say.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-17-2015, 04:27 PM   #813
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01
You noticed that his "pay the winners" is only selectively applied? You don't say.
PTW has nothing to do with the way tracks currently operate. They DON'T pay the winners, they don't believe in that, they believe in meddling in results and playing god with OPM.

If tracks operated under the PTW banner I would never be critical of a decision to leave up a runner.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:07 PM   #814
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quick official race 7 GG? What did I miss
Old 10-25-2015, 07:14 PM   #815
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Quick official race 7 GG? What did I miss
I agree. That 4 should have been looked at closer. Obviously shut the 5 off 2x in the lane.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2015, 07:22 PM   #816
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
I agree. That 4 should have been looked at closer. Obviously shut the 5 off 2x in the lane.
The 5 was going to win by 100 lengths. The first steady was the guy being fearful but he still would have been able to win if he got thru
Old 10-28-2015, 02:44 PM   #817
no breathalyzer
Veteran

MASTER OF HERDING STRIKES AGAIN! AND GETS AWAY WITH IT!!!!
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2015, 02:45 PM   #818
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by no breathalyzer
MASTER OF HERDING STRIKES AGAIN! AND GETS AWAY WITH IT!!!!
They are consistent, they just don't take that down. I think it sets a dangerous precedent personally.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2015, 03:07 PM   #819
maliksealy210

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
They are consistent, they just don't take that down. I think it sets a dangerous precedent personally.
I can see one shift out or two shift outs and keeping the horse up, but the horse caused it rival to shift out three times in the last 1/16 at a total of at least 4 paths. This is a bad precedent indeed.
maliksealy210 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2015, 03:54 PM   #820
no breathalyzer
Veteran

extensive herding and not race riding there... THERE HUGE DIFFERENCE
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2015, 06:20 PM   #821
SuperPickle

Heading wasn't the issue it was the whip play. The issue was Javier purposely used his whip to scare the other horse. Look at around the eighth pole after the he gets out in upper stretch (aka the hearding.) It looks like the is still going to go right by when he gets to his flank. The horse gets to Javier's flank and then his takes his stick in the right hand and swings it and the clearly shies away from it. It looks like he almost hits the horse.

Then once he does that the has no interest in going by.

A very crafty, possibly illegal move.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2015, 10:29 PM   #822
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

I'll make this plain and simple; when there's a steward's inquiry, the bettors should be able to watch on TV monitors, via live track feed, the same exact replay portions as the stewards are watching, replaying and discussing.

In addition, all conversations with jockeys and stewards should be heard via the same TV monitors or broadcast on the track's overhead PA system.

These 2 solutions will, in fact, remove all doubt as to the true situation involving all participants, and will remove the "cloud" of suspicion involving the final decision/result. All I'm looking for is transparency, after all, it's OUR money that's being discussed here....
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2015, 10:33 PM   #823
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
I'll make this plain and simple; when there's a steward's inquiry, the bettors should be able to watch on TV monitors, via live track feed, the same exact replay portions as the stewards are watching, replaying and discussing.

In addition, all conversations with jockeys and stewards should be heard via the same TV monitors or broadcast on the track's overhead PA system.

These 2 solutions will, in fact, remove all doubt as to the true situation involving all participants, and will remove the "cloud" of suspicion involving the final decision/result. All I'm looking for is transparency, after all, it's OUR money that's being discussed here....
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2015, 10:36 PM   #824
kevb

The steward deliberations in Australia are shown live. It does seem like a very responsible way to do it.
kevb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2015, 10:52 PM   #825
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall

Great idea!! Love to be able to hear the jock/judge convos. Also, the audio shoud be archived somewhere for listening whenever you need to access this type of info.

No need for there to be clouds of suspicion. I was just thinking about this transparency thing while watching tracks hide the win odds in the first 20 seconds of the race.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...t=Transparency