Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-21-2018, 09:25 PM   #31
Track Phantom

I was there for this race. He stumbled out of the gate. The bridgejumper that made this bet kept going for a few months and lost it all in a race at Golden Gate, I think, when a horse broke down.

Apparently this guy would go from track to track with his briefcase full of money. I noticed the big show bet on the Doctor and bet show on someone else just in case. I think I actually bet it on the winner. Last time he ever ran at Canterbury.

Old 09-22-2018, 08:20 AM   #32
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Phantom View Post
I'm 99% certain a match race never occurred between these two. It would have shown up in the PP's. Match races and walkovers are still in the PP's. I followed both of these runners in the '80's and would be shocked if I didn't remember such a race. David Miller misrecalled it. It was a match race with Explosive Girl at AKS.
I'm pretty positive it was just those two on the track one time at cby. my memory just aint worth a shit anymore lol. But seems to me they did a huge promotional deal on it and the crowd was huge that day. And that was really rare for cby at the time. crowds were terrible then.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2018, 08:27 AM   #33
chadk66

And I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if the DRF had something screwed up. I went through some win pictures I have from back in the late 80's and they either missed the race entirely in the horses lifetime races or had the order of finish screwed up. And it wasn't just one if I recall I think it was several at least.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:57 PM   #34
JohnGalt1

Closing day this year Aroney ran his last race of 99.

He is 10 years old and is the last remnant of the Francis Genter stable, though now owned by a group that includes Curtis Sampson the owner of Canterbury.

An article about it can be read at the Canterbury Live web site.
JohnGalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2018, 03:03 PM   #35
Track Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
And I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if the DRF had something screwed up. I went through some win pictures I have from back in the late 80's and they either missed the race entirely in the horses lifetime races or had the order of finish screwed up. And it wasn't just one if I recall I think it was several at least.
I'd be shocked. I would have remembered this, I think. Who Doctor Who beat Hoist Her Flag in a 4 horse race. That I remember. In fact, you can see it at the link below (4:24 mark in the video). I don't recall those two ever racing in a match race. I'll ask Jeff Maday.

Old 09-22-2018, 06:47 PM   #36
chadk66

Quote:
I'd be shocked. I would have remembered this, I think. Who Doctor Who beat Hoist Her Flag in a 4 horse race. That I remember. In fact, you can see it at the link below (4:24 mark in the video). I don't recall those two ever racing in a match race. I'll ask Jeff Maday.

https://youtu.be/SUnTV9NUycU?t=4m25s
The race I recall them in they were pretty much head to head the whole stretch with her wining by very little at the end. I wish Markgraf hadn't fell off the face of the earth I'd ask him lol
Old 09-22-2018, 09:01 PM   #37
Track Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
The race I recall them in they were pretty much head to head the whole stretch with her wining by very little at the end. I wish Markgraf hadn't fell off the face of the earth I'd ask him lol
I asked Jeff Maday and he didn't think a match race happened between them. He would know.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:35 AM   #38
chadk66

Quote:
I asked Jeff Maday and he didn't think a match race happened between them. He would know.
cool. it's getting to the point I simply can't trust my damn memory anymore. thanks for checking that out

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: