Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-27-2018, 11:22 AM   #1
ubercapper

Do Public Handicappers Bet?

I see posts from time to time on Twitter such as "If someone is so good, why sell their picks?" or "If someone is so good they should just bet their picks and keep them to themselves."

There's little point in trying to engage with a sensible response about making money from sharing selections doesn't preclude betting or the selections include analysis which may be valuable to people as it doesn't just apply to the one race.

There hasn't been much of that on PA and that's one reason I'm sharing this as well as to once again prove ticket structure is as important as handicapping. I rarely play pick 5's but got very lucky and did in fact use horses (in the Sword Dancer & Travers) which were on my blogs (links to which are always in the Selections forum).

Last edited by ubercapper; 08-27-2018 at 11:23 AM.
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2018, 11:38 AM   #2
burnsy
self medicated

Of course most of them bet......and seeing by their picks......you know why they gotta sell them.

The year I wrote that blog here. I posted every play I made so people couldn't say "redboard". Of course , I won that year too and there were some pretty big hits I posted. Including my turf bombs. I used to post them for free all the time. No one listens to you anyway, they believe in the so called "experts" and ride the goofy numbers. Like that works here (Saratoga), then they are perplexed by Saratoga is so hard?

The Sword Dancer you are talking about was an exacta that rang the tote board. The same two horses that dead heated 3 weeks ago....winner pays 32 bucks. Yesterday, in the feature held on for second in a torrid speed duel on the bog a few weeks ago ….boom 5-1, easy winner. Prior to that the horse set a track record at Philly, its a horse in lifetime form. Looked like a beast on the track. I swear people make it so difficult with all the extraneous BS. If one follows the meet and pays attention to speed. Some of these are no brainers. The saying goes, you can lead a horse to water, but.....At this point in the meet, there is low hanging fruit without much work if one lets it flow. Its not that hard.

Nice one!

Last edited by burnsy; 08-27-2018 at 11:51 AM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2018, 01:29 PM   #3
craigbraddick

I do! At our track, Arizona Downs, I put "Craig's Prize Picks" on a Whiteboard every Saturday and Sunday and show our patrons the tickets I put in myself on the horses, to show "I am putting my money where my mouth is!"

Regards,
Old 08-27-2018, 09:45 PM   #4
chadk66

Canterbury's handicapper hit the pick four the other night for 50K
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply