Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-18-2021, 09:13 PM   #61
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Bonehead move by bonehead Ted.
When your constituents are suffering, you are there and on the job.

No leadership at all in this GOP big mouth.
Old 02-18-2021, 11:12 PM   #62
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Yes, Ted will pay dearly for his ****up.

But Dems who partied during COVID, or ate at restaurants mask-less, or any of the number of offensive "Rules for thee, but not for me" violations...they'll get away with everything. They made everyone else suffer while they ignored the RULES they themselves imposed.

"What? Me suffer?"

That's what Ted did. And that's what all those Dems did. But only Ted is going to pay.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 02-18-2021 at 11:13 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-18-2021, 11:16 PM   #63
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I don’t know what the hell Cruz could do to ease the suffering of those without water or power?

But optics are optics I guess.

This weather event might cost the Governor more.
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-18-2021, 11:39 PM   #64
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
I don’t know what the hell Cruz could do to ease the suffering of those without water or power?

This country has protected our electric grid in the event of a EMP attack, but failed to protect our people from the green whack jobs. I fault no man for spending time with his family, none of us are perfect.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2021, 12:15 AM   #65
lamboguy

i wonder why the political guys in Texas didn't tell their people to shut the water off in their homes and then empty out the remaining water in their faucets just by letting the water drain out of it. it was bad enough that they didn't have their grid prepared for possible cold weather like this.

i have been to Texas before in February where the roads were frozen on the Stemmons Highway when cars kept sliding into each other.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2021, 12:47 AM   #66
xtb

Quote:

I don't get it either. What is a U.S. senator supposed to do at the state level? Any requests for federal help would have to come from the governor.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2021, 01:09 AM   #67
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Bonehead move by bonehead Ted.
When your constituents are suffering, you are there and on the job.

No leadership at all in this GOP big mouth.
He's a Senator. No authority to effect change in this regard. I'd have stayed in Cancun if I were him, let the bed wetters cry.

Abbott has promised change and I bet he'll go thru with it. ERCOT directors are about to get pink slips, rightfully so
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2021, 01:10 AM   #68
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Lubbock. .
Satan's darkest corner of his ass crack. Lubbock. I feel for ya

Heey, it could be worse. You could be in El Paso
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2021, 01:26 AM   #69
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
And as we all know, bad optics for a Republican are approximately 2.5M more times greater than any bad optics by any Democrat.

So...he's a dope. Or he doesn't want to be Senator from Texas any longer.
Old 02-19-2021, 06:17 AM   #70
garyscpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i wonder why the political guys in Texas didn't tell their people to shut the water off in their homes and then empty out the remaining water in their faucets just by letting the water drain out of it. it was bad enough that they didn't have their grid prepared for possible cold weather like this.

i have been to Texas before in February where the roads were frozen on the Stemmons Highway when cars kept sliding into each other.
They did tell everyone but the blacks and Hispanics couldn't access the internet so the Stations got iced over.
garyscpa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2021, 06:55 AM   #71
garyscpa

Stemmons.
garyscpa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2021, 08:22 AM   #72
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
I know the dems are loving this but what authority does a U.S. senator have in the state they represent? Wouldn't any decisions during an emergency be up to the governor?
Its a moral issue and nothing else. He left the state he represents in a time of crisis to vacation. No doubt the press has piled on, but they always do when its one of our people. I recall when Katrina was unfolding in Louisiana, the governor (democrat) went missing for 2 days. To my knowledge it was never made clear where she went. Instead the press aimed their unwarranted attack on GWB. The dopehead New Orleans mayor and mia governor were given a pass.
In defense of Cruz, it was a judgement error which even he admitted to upon returning. He knows he screwed up and said so publicly. Democrats seldom admit any wrongdoing. Cuomo will go to his grave denying he ever did anything wrong in his entire rotten life.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2021, 11:10 AM   #73
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

So...he's a dope. Or he doesn't want to be Senator from Texas any longer.
Two reasons why he probably won’t be running for senator again; he tries for the Republican nomination in 2024 and he has introduced legislation 3 times to limit U.S. senators to two terms.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2021, 11:20 AM   #74
JustRalph
Just another Facist

This has been a real shit show in Texas.

I have been amazed at how this shit was handled and how terribly people handled this weather.

People really are both unprepared/stupid/ignorant etc.

Basic things like having bottled water on hand or having emergency food are foreign concepts to people. I actually had someone tell me. " I don't need extra food, I live within 3 miles of two whataburgers"

Things that people do in northern states every year, are foreign to a ton of people here.

When I lived up north I did little things every winter and when a storm was forecasted amped up the preparation.

There are millions of people in Texas who live in trailers in the out of the way areas. You can buy a new/actually pretty nice modern trailer and a half acre of land for 50k in many places here. You are away from the city etc. It's attractive at that price point.

We all know that trailers are not built for bad weather/cold or hot.

Add in stupidity and it's a bad situation...........I cannot believe how bad people have handled this situation.

Last edited by JustRalph; 02-19-2021 at 11:22 AM.
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2021, 11:28 AM   #75
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
Two reasons why he probably won’t be running for senator again; he tries for the Republican nomination in 2024 and he has introduced legislation 3 times to limit U.S. senators to two terms.

Didn't know the term-limit legislation about Cruz. Thanks xtb.

The GOP especially better hope that President Donald Trump runs again in 2024.

If President Trump doesn't or can't run then the base will be forced to choose between a Cruz, a Mitt Romney, or a Nikki Hailey -- none capable of winning the White House despite the threat of a 2nd Kamala Harris term.

The conservative base will NOT support any of these 3 if they get the nomination, imo. The days of conservatives holding their nose to support bad, or liberal, or establishment GOP candidates are now over forever. That also goes to anyone with a George Bush or John McCain link in their resume.

Last edited by myohmyjustify; 02-19-2021 at 11:29 AM.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: