Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-29-2020, 02:38 PM   #1
fast4522

Suicide claimed more Japanese lives in October than 10 months of COVID

In Japan, more people died from suicide last month than from Covid in all of 2020. And women have been impacted most

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/japan-s...-covid-deaths/
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2020, 03:07 PM   #2
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
In Japan, more people died from suicide last month than from Covid in all of 2020. And women have been impacted most

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/japan-s...-covid-deaths/
This has been posted already.

My guess is a large portion of Japan have access to your posts here

Last edited by Dahoss9698; 11-29-2020 at 03:08 PM.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2020, 04:19 PM   #3
classhandicapper

The sad part about all the suicides and economic ruin is that all the mask wearing, social distancing, and lockdowns that caused it hasn't stopped the spread of the virus. Cases are starting to spike a little now there also.

All these extreme actions merely delay when it's eventually going to spread.

Without a thorough analysis of the long term economic costs, mental health costs, physical health costs, spousal abuses, suicides, drug/alcohol abuse etc... that comes with extreme lockdowns you can't even be sure if you are doing the right thing.

I'm starting to think the guys that said protect the weak and vulnerable and do mask and limited social distancing had it right. The extreme measures don't stop it and the long term costs of a hard lockdown are huge.
Old 11-29-2020, 04:28 PM   #4
SkunkApe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
This has been posted already.

My guess is a large portion of Japan have access to your posts here
I laughed.

Hard.

(thanks)
SkunkApe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2020, 05:35 PM   #5
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
The sad part about all the suicides and economic ruin is that all the mask wearing, social distancing, and lockdowns that caused it hasn't stopped the spread of the virus. Cases are starting to spike a little now there also.

All these extreme actions merely delay when it's eventually going to spread.

Without a thorough analysis of the long term economic costs, mental health costs, physical health costs, spousal abuses, suicides, drug/alcohol abuse etc... that comes with extreme lockdowns you can't even be sure if you are doing the right thing.

I'm starting to think the guys that said protect the weak and vulnerable and do mask and limited social distancing had it right. The extreme measures don't stop it and the long term costs of a hard lockdown are huge.
This isn’t accurate. Cases are spiking everywhere because people aren’t wearing masks, aren’t social distancing and carrying on like everything is okay.

Parties, get together, campaign rallies, protests, etc are all things that other countries who have been very successful at containing the virus are not doing.
Old 11-29-2020, 05:41 PM   #6
zico20

Quote:
This isn’t accurate. Cases are spiking everywhere because people aren’t wearing masks, aren’t social distancing and carrying on like everything is okay.

Parties, get together, campaign rallies, protests, etc are all things that other countries who have been very successful at containing the virus are not doing.
According to Democrats if Trump would have taken this seriously and ordered a national mask mandate this would all be over. Biden said no one would have died. Democrats, don't you think it is at least possible that one man can't stop a easily contagious virus from spreading.
Old 11-29-2020, 05:51 PM   #7
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
According to Democrats if Trump would have taken this seriously and ordered a national mask mandate this would all be over. Biden said no one would have died. Democrats, don't you think it is at least possible that one man can't stop a easily contagious virus from spreading.
What Democrats said this? Give me actual examples. Also, please provide a link to Biden saying no one would’ve died with a national mask mandate.

Of course Trump himself couldn’t stop it from spreading. But his poor leadership then and now is not helping. Instead of being a strong leader and being honest about the virus, how easily it is spread and how dangerous it could be...he wanted to “be positive”. Instead of embracing wearing a mask he wanted to pander to dumb faux patriots because he knows they eat up his fake tough guy routine.

Trump’s problem is he always thinks he’s the smartest person on every topic and the reality is he never is.
Old 11-29-2020, 05:57 PM   #8
woodtoo

Quote:
What Democrats said this? Give me actual examples. Also, please provide a link to Biden saying no one would’ve died with a national mask mandate.

Of course Trump himself couldn’t stop it from spreading. But his poor leadership then and now is not helping. Instead of being a strong leader and being honest about the virus, how easily it is spread and how dangerous it could be...he wanted to “be positive”. Instead of embracing wearing a mask he wanted to pander to dumb faux patriots because he knows they eat up his fake tough guy routine.

Trump’s problem is he always thinks he’s the smartest person on every topic and the reality is he never is.
Get outta here.
Old 11-29-2020, 05:59 PM   #9
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Get outta here.
What did you disagree with? Use your words.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:48 PM   #10
Robert Fischer
clean money

not the place to share this

and i'm not suicidal

but fkit i've laughed about it, and wondered if there has ever been a dark comedy of a 'suicide helpline', that helped certain suiciders live out a dream weekend, or a bucket list vacation, or such?...

Google is such a mess, and I'm too tired, and not even really interested to the level, in spending a long time attempting to search, and sorting through all their 'suicide helpline prevention' default stuff, nor do i want to trigger some data thing.

i've dealt with suicide in family, and have faced a reality of my own where diseased death seemed imminent

so, sorry if I offend anyone as was not the intent

probably been done in a dark comedy before (or even some alfred hitchcock type of similar theme?), or at the very least some comedian has gone through thereabouts as part of a set

have no insight into Japan whatsoever
Old 11-29-2020, 07:20 PM   #11
Marshall Bennett

Quote:

Distancing, mask, and lockups have all been done before. The problem is, the virus spreads much greater inside than out. Distancing outdoors is pretty damn hard, have you ever tried it walking thru Manhattan? People also tend to forget, they're human after-all. The jury's still out on mask. Many scientist claim they work for some, but on a grand scale they're worthless. By and large they're not worn with consistency, and even when they are, people have the tendency to constantly put their hands on them.
As far as "carrying on", people are at the stage where they'd rather take the minimal risk, than end up a nutcase and perhaps suicidal.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2020, 07:29 PM   #12
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Distancing, mask, and lockups have all been done before. The problem is, the virus spreads much greater inside than out. Distancing outdoors is pretty damn hard, have you ever tried it walking thru Manhattan? People also tend to forget, they're human after-all. The jury's still out on mask. Many scientist claim they work for some, but on a grand scale they're worthless. By and large they're not worn with consistency, and even when they are, people have the tendency to constantly put their hands on them.
As far as "carrying on", people are at the stage where they'd rather take the minimal risk, than end up a nutcase and perhaps suicidal.
Right so if it spreads much greater inside than out why are people getting together inside?

Masks aren’t worthless.

Your last sentence says it all. We’re a very selfish society that can’t handle being asked to sacrifice a little for the greater good. Tell the 260,000 people who have died and their families how minimal the risk is.

Science isn’t the enemy. Ignorance is.
Old 11-30-2020, 06:03 AM   #13
tucker6

Why can’t the left accept that lockdowns cause more suicides? What is wrong with acknowledging it?
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2020, 01:09 PM   #14
zico20

Quote:

Biden said "if he would have taken this seriously no one would have died." Biden said this in one of the debates with Trump. Many Democrats have come out and said Trump is responsible for over 200,000 deaths. At least no one is going to die after January 20th. I feel so much better now.
Old 11-30-2020, 01:19 PM   #15
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
Biden said "if he would have taken this seriously no one would have died." Biden said this in one of the debates with Trump. Many Democrats have come out and said Trump is responsible for over 200,000 deaths. At least no one is going to die after January 20th. I feel so much better now.
Prove it

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: